ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement - Barclays Self Service Statements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eve 13
Newly Registered
Mood:

Bank Statement - Barclays Self Service Statements

Post by Eve 13 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:46 am

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to confirm that the self service statements were OK. I asked Barclays bank to set stamp them again and they did so they have a digital and desk stamp. lol as I know how the home office can be at times. Was you application successful with the statements. My husbands application will be made shortly he has six month's statement as he has been in his jobs for more tha. 6 months. Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Bank Statement - Barclays Self Service Statements

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:23 pm

Eve 13 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:46 am
Hi Everyone

I just wanted to confirm that the self service statements were OK. I asked Barclays bank to set stamp them again and they did so they have a digital and desk stamp. lol as I know how the home office can be at times. Was you application successful with the statements. My husbands application will be made shortly he has six month's statement as he has been in his jobs for more tha. 6 months. Thanks in advance.
That should be fine OR you can simply take a copy from your online banking. With the new system, the evidence can be originals or copies.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by pr1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:55 pm

That should be fine OR you can simply take a copy from your online banking. With the new system, the evidence can be originals or copies.
Do you have a reference to the new system which says online statements are acceptable? I just downloaded the Tier-2 Policy Guidance and it states the below. So looks like if we want to use online statements we either need a letter from bank or we need stamps from the bank.

279. Personal bank or building society statements must:
• be your most recent statement;
• be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application;
• clearly show:
• your name;
• your account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution's name;
Tier 2 Policy Guidance (Version 10/2019) Page 66
• the financial institution's logo; and
• the payment of your salary, as shown on your payslip, by the sponsor; and
• be either:
• printed on the bank's or building society's letterhead;
• electronic bank or building society statements, accompanied by a supporting letter from the bank or building society, on company headed paper, confirming the statement provided is authentic; or
• electronic bank or building society statements, bearing the official stamp of the bank or building society on every page.
You cannot provide mini-statements from automatic teller machines (ATMs).

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:15 pm

The system indicates that before you submit the application. Also, you do not send any originals to HO now. Documents are uploaded so they are copies anyways.

Tier 2 applicants can help further to validate.

If you are worried, Barclays kiosk self service machine provides a stamp anyways which should be accepted.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Eve 13
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Eve 13 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Thanks in my case my husband is applying for set M Ilr spouse visa so I guess as you said the online pdf would be OK I will. Make sure he brings both.
Just out of curiosity, I am on a career break since september (unpaid) and have recently started being self employed. As my husband salary meets the requirements I know he can use his own payslips for his application. Do I still have to mention my work history or just leave it blank. I was paid up until September. Self employed october his applications goes in this month

lhrflyer
Newly Registered

Post by lhrflyer » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:32 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:15 pm
The system indicates that before you submit the application. Also, you do not send any originals to HO now. Documents are uploaded so they are copies anyways.
I'm also interested in whether there's any evidence this is now acceptable, as you also commented similarly on a thread I replied to. Everything is a scan now yes, but a scan of an original statement is obviously different to a scan of an online printout (or PDF version of such). In my case, my bank provides me with a PDF statement that is exactly the same that would get posted to my address so presumably that makes no difference - but stuff coming up on a screen online might be missing stuff that would be in an actual statement, so I'd like to see how this can be justified to HO.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:39 pm

Please keep all your questions in your own threads. This is user Eve13’s thread.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:27 am

I found it online.

“ Anyone who has submitted an immigration application to the Home Office in recent years will be well aware of the requirement to submit original documents and the difficulties this can present.

The Statement of Changes in the Immigration Rules (HC 1534) contains numerous clauses which remove or substitute the word ‘original’ in reference to the mandatory documents required for an immigration application.

Where the word ‘original’ has been substituted, this has primarily been amended to ‘may be originals or copies’. This therefore means that an individual is no longer required to obtain or submit original documents in support of an application for leave to remain or enter the UK.

The option to submit copy documents in immigration applications filed from 5 November 2018 in place of originals is good news to applicants who are likely to experience difficulties in obtaining original documents. For example, it can be difficult to obtain a document with original wet signatures if those who need to sign it are in different countries. It is also often time-consuming to obtain original bank statements now that many people bank online. These difficulties can lead to a delay in filing the application or, in certain cases, a refusal of an application where an original document was not filed. This will also remove the risk of a precious original document being lost or misplaced during the application process.

Verification checks
Applicants do still need to be aware that in cases where a Home Office caseworker has any concerns regarding the genuineness of a document, verification checks will be made.”

Eve 13
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Eve 13 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:54 am

Thanks CULLINAN

Can you answer the follow up question I put on the post please if you can. Basically do I have to submit my pay details as I am on a career break and started being self employed. My husband salary is more than the required 18k so can he just use his payslips and I leave partner section blank. Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:50 pm

Eve 13 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:54 am
Thanks CULLINAN

Can you answer the follow up question I put on the post please if you can. Basically do I have to submit my pay details as I am on a career break and started being self employed. My husband salary is more than the required 18k so can he just use his payslips and I leave partner section blank. Thanks
As of my knowledge its fine as long as your husband meets the requirement, you need not mention your details. But, I would like someone from the SET(M) category to confirm this.

Eve 13
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Eve 13 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:27 am

Thank you CULLINAN anyone from set M wish to help. Me out do I need to explain my career break or simple. Leave it blank. I am technically still employed with them just unpaid for 12 months. And have have been paid up to September if thus year. The application will go in later this month.

mark2019

Post by mark2019 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:06 pm

Hello Guys

I just came across this thread. I am doing my fiancé visa and went to Barclays today to get my statements verified, they told me they no longer do this and the self service machine stamps the pages itself. She promised me they will be accepted but the bank have let me down in the past.Can anyone confirm 100% that this is acceptable?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:12 pm

mark2019 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:06 pm
Hello Guys

I just came across this thread. I am doing my fiancé visa and went to Barclays today to get my statements verified, they told me they no longer do this and the self service machine stamps the pages itself. She promised me they will be accepted but the bank have let me down in the past.Can anyone confirm 100% that this is acceptable?

Many Thanks
Kindly continue your questions in your own topic. This topic is in the ILR sub forum.

immigration-for-family-members/who-need ... l#p1862427

Link below on multiple topics etc.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html

And specifically also point 12 in the link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.