ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR english requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cristinepatio

ILR english requirements

Post by cristinepatio » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi,

I have a Post grad CERTIFICATE not diploma from a UK University , can I use that for the english requirement?thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR english requirements

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:18 pm

For ILR?? No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cristinepatio

Post by cristinepatio » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:25 pm

really? why? I thought it says as long as it is same level as master's degree then i can? are you sure?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:28 pm

You need a UK degree certificate or a foreign degree with naric assessment or b1 English test.

A PG certificate is not a UK degree, ie bachelor, masters or PhD.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cristinepatio

Post by cristinepatio » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:57 pm

but how come i have read from previous post that they use their PGC in education? and they were ok with it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:17 pm

Page 16 in the link below. It has to be a PG diploma not a certificate.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -in-the-uk
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cristinepatio

Post by cristinepatio » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:52 pm

thanks. Can I use my IELTS taken 2015 ,it was the one that I used when i enter the UK via Tier 2 General route. My IELTS was not UKVI as when I took it in 2015, there was no such thing as UKVI IELTS yet.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:45 am

cristinepatio wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:25 pm
really? why? I thought it says as long as it is same level as master's degree then i can? are you sure?
Many foreign none-honours bachelor degrees or bachelor degrees with duration of less than 3/4 years aren't equivalent to UK bachelor degree. Therefore, usually the cheapest way to secure the admission into Master degree without redoing the bachelor degree is by undertaking the postgraduate diploma/certificate @ level 7 which in other words is also called as bridge programme. Depending on the ranking of a particular university and their collaboration with the awarding authority the diploma holder may receive exemption from few of the module of master degree. Generally pgd diploma/certificate is neither a bachelor degree nor equivalent to master degree and therefore more likely it won't be accepted despite there maybe some exception for few diplomas.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

allscan12
Newly Registered

Post by allscan12 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:19 am

to be honest, if you can spare £150 for the English exam at Trinity College, do it mate. It's easy and it will remove your worry about passing the HO requirement for the English language. I did it even if I have the UKNARIC certificate that I used 5 years ago when I was granted Tier 2 Visa General. My degree is equivalent to a UK Bachelor's degree as shown in my UKNARIC certificate but I was doubtful to use it after doing some research. I'm applying for myself, wife and 2 children costing about £10k. Better to lose £150 than £10k.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:45 pm

allscan12 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:19 am
to be honest, if you can spare £150 for the English exam at Trinity College, do it mate. It's easy and it will remove your worry about passing the HO requirement for the English language
Just before the lockdown due to pandemic UKVI had indicated that Trinity college would be ceased and then in this relation ukvi list got changed two times. So if possible then choose other centre which shouldn't have tougher/distinctive test than trinity centre.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:44 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Just before the lockdown due to pandemic UKVI had indicated that Trinity college would be ceased and then in this relation ukvi list got changed two times. So if possible then choose other centre which shouldn't have tougher/distinctive test than trinity centre.
Please see:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .04.20.pdf

Still valid, and from where you got that the UKVI will cease Trinity College from the list?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:57 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:44 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Please see:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .04.20.pdf

Still valid, and from where you got that the UKVI will cease Trinity College from the list?
That move is on hold and was indicated during the last week of march with another list of test excluding trinity centre which again restored back for the time being. Current list is just provisional which will be amended depending on the lockdown.