ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
srivathsa
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Post by srivathsa » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:31 pm

All,

I am currently preparing the application form SET(O) for my ILR and would require some help on Section 5 please.

After 5.5, there is a section for SOC Code detail. My SOC code is 2139 and the salary requirement as per the soc guide is "Salary rates: New entrant: £20,300* / Experienced: £28,400".

The section has below fields
- SOC Code: 2139
- Current rate of pay (as stated in code of practice - hourly rate of annual salary) - ? Per hour
- Current rate of pay (as stated in code of practice - hourly rate of annual salary) - ? Per annum
- Number of hours this salary is based on
- Number of weekly hours

It's bit confusing if I should enter the above details as per the relevant code or based on my actual salary? I work 40 hours weekly.

Please, could someone help me?

Thanks

Sri

srivathsa
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Post by srivathsa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:24 am

Guys,

Please need some help here. Anybody who did the ILR recently, can you please advice? I don't want to enter any wrong details in there. All I need is, what to enter for the SOC section?

thanks

Sri

meb4ne1
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Post by meb4ne1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:02 am

The figures from SOC Guide tell you what you should be earning as a minimum. You should be earning £20,300 or more if you are newly employed and £28,400 or more if you are experienced level.

On the form you should write down your actual salary figures. If you have a "per hour" rate, you enter your hourly rate OR if you take an annual income you write your annual income in the per annum box. You only need to fill one of these. Rest of the boxes are mandatory.

- SOC Code: 2139
- Current rate of pay (as stated in code of practice - hourly rate of annual salary) - *** fill one of these ***
- Current rate of pay (as stated in code of practice - hourly rate of annual salary) - *** fill one of these ***
- Number of hours this salary is based on: 40
- Number of weekly hours: 40

srivathsa
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Post by srivathsa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:12 am

Thanks a lot for the clarification. I will enter my actual details.

I don't have hourly rate, so I will enter my annual salary in the per annum box and my annual salary is above the appropriate level, so no problem with that.

I guess, for the "Number of hours this salary is based on:" , shouldn't it be 40 * 52 weeks?


- SOC Code: 2139
- Current rate of pay (as stated in code of practice - hourly rate of annual salary) - {blank}
- Current rate of pay (as stated in code of practice - hourly rate of annual salary) - {12345}
- Number of hours this salary is based on: 40*52
- Number of weekly hours: 40

Thanks

Sri

meb4ne1
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Post by meb4ne1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:33 am

I'm sorry I should have quoted the source of the information: ILR Success based on WP Yesterday 07-March -12- PEO Solihull

The applicant was successful with entering the same number of hours in both the boxes.

john353
Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Post by john353 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:35 am

It is upto the way one interprets it. Had a search in the forum and the majority seems to concur that it is SOC code salary and hour details that need to be put in here and not the person's actual salary and hours.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 13433.html
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 23-20.html

I am on Tier 2 (gen) and ILR is coming up soon and I might fill up the SOC code details here.

srivathsa
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Post by srivathsa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:39 pm

Thanks both for your responses. I guess it's safe to say that there is no clear instructions on what to enter and you can see evidences of people who have tried both and got successful.

I am slightly leaning towards entering my actual details, but would keep another copy of the same page with the SOC code salary details with me just in case.

Will let you know how it goes.

farooqueahsan
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Re: Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Post by farooqueahsan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi Srivatha

I am Tier 2 General Migrant and preparing for ILR Application which I will send by postal service.

Please see how I am providing the information you inquired about;

- SOC Code: 2139 ( My company's HR provided this code to me; mine is 2129)
- Current rate of pay (as stated in code of practice - hourly rate of annual salary) - (I have left it blank - my salary is on annual basis)
- Current rate of pay (as stated in code of practice - hourly rate of annual salary) - (I have mentiond my current salary £ per annum)
- Number of hours this salary is based on: (37 hours x 52 weeks; full time position)
- Number of weekly hours: 37

I hope this is helpful.

All the best.

srivathsa
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Post by srivathsa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:59 pm

farooqueahsan wrote:Hi Srivatha

I am Tier 2 General Migrant and preparing for ILR Application which I will send by postal service.

Please see how I am providing the information you inquired about;

- SOC Code: 2139 ( My company's HR provided this code to me; mine is 2129)
- Current rate of pay (as stated in code of practice - hourly rate of annual salary) - (I have left it blank - my salary is on annual basis)
- Current rate of pay (as stated in code of practice - hourly rate of annual salary) - (I have mentiond my current salary £ per annum)
- Number of hours this salary is based on: (37 hours x 52 weeks; full time position)
- Number of weekly hours: 37

I hope this is helpful.

All the best.
Thanks Farooq, that's exactly how I am thinking of doing as well. All the best for your application.

Sri

farooqueahsan
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Re: Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Post by farooqueahsan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:13 pm

No problem Sri

Regarding my ILR application, I am short of 45 days from full five year period. This is only because UKBA issued me the initial Tier 2 General visa 45 days less than a full 3 year. When Im applied for extension in 2012, they did not adjust this gap and so this shortage stayed there. As one can apply 28 days before full five years so effectively I am 45 days - 28 days = 16 days falling short of full five year.

I consulted a few solicitors and they advised that I should send my application through the post.

I wish you all the best.

srivathsa
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Post by srivathsa » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:59 pm

srivathsa wrote:Thanks both for your responses. I guess it's safe to say that there is no clear instructions on what to enter and you can see evidences of people who have tried both and got successful.

I am slightly leaning towards entering my actual details, but would keep another copy of the same page with the SOC code salary details with me just in case.

Will let you know how it goes.
srivathsa wrote:
farooqueahsan wrote:Hi Srivatha

I am Tier 2 General Migrant and preparing for ILR Application which I will send by postal service.

Please see how I am providing the information you inquired about;

- SOC Code: 2139 ( My company's HR provided this code to me; mine is 2129)
- Current rate of pay (as stated in code of practice - hourly rate of annual salary) - (I have left it blank - my salary is on annual basis)
- Current rate of pay (as stated in code of practice - hourly rate of annual salary) - (I have mentiond my current salary £ per annum)
- Number of hours this salary is based on: (37 hours x 52 weeks; full time position)
- Number of weekly hours: 37

I hope this is helpful.

All the best.
Thanks Farooq, that's exactly how I am thinking of doing as well. All the best for your application.

Sri
I submitted my application on 17th at Croydon PEO and in the form, I entered the applicable SOC code and my Actual salary details and working hours, and it was accepted.

farooqueahsan
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Re: Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Post by farooqueahsan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:05 pm

Hi Sri

Thanks for the update on SOC Code.

I am assuming that you have been granted ILR. Congratulations!

FarooQue

srivathsa
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: Section 5 - SOC Code - Please Help

Post by srivathsa » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:24 pm

farooqueahsan wrote:Hi Sri

Thanks for the update on SOC Code.

I am assuming that you have been granted ILR. Congratulations!

FarooQue
Thanks Farooq. Yes, I got my ILR application successful on the 17th and received the permit card within few days.

All the best for your application.

Sri

Locked
cron