ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
Lily3
Junior Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Lily3 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:45 pm

amwaraich wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:44 pm
Lily3 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Hi. Would you please let me know when did you get approval?
I got approval in Oct 2018 and I applied in April 2016.
Thanks for the reply. I think at this time because of the Judge statement they are not going to send approvals until it is resolved. Just don’t know for how long we’ll have to wait.

amwaraich
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by amwaraich » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:36 am

Lily3 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Thanks for the reply. I think at this time because of the Judge statement they are not going to send approvals until it is resolved. Just don’t know for how long we’ll have to wait.
This could be a reason but it doesn't apply to people who didn't go outside Ireland in their last year of application. This judgement doesn't apply to people who applied on the basis of Irish Associations as well. I am not sure about Irish Spouses. I will have a look at it.

Esha011
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:49 pm
India

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Esha011 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:32 pm

I m only one waiting from 2016 ? :( 😔😔

SabrAyoub
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:33 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by SabrAyoub » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:38 pm

amwaraich wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:29 am
Hello Guys,
I am back here after a long time. I already suggested you all that you must go to court but some people are too scared to go to court because it may make the department angry and they may get refusal.

I made a mistake to go to court after 2.5 years. I should have gone after 1 year as I did for my wife now. Immediately after one year she applied for JR. In the first hearing, department requested the court to give them some more time to make their submissions. The court gave them time and told them no time will be given anymore. Next hearing is coming up and department have to decide or make submissions as to why application decision is late.

One more thing, department cannot refuse application just because you went to court untill or unless you didn't disclose all the information they asked. If department refuses application for an obvious reason already disclosed in application, it will be considered malafide after such a long time. This type of refusal can further be challenged in court.

If you people want to wait indefinitely, it is your choice. The department wouldn't give a damn about it if you are patiently waiting for their convenience to work on your file.

If you are completely clueless about what to do. PM me and I will point you to the right direction.

By the way I got my approval through court. I even got my ceremony invitation through court within 5 days otherwise department was going to postpone my ceremony to the next one.

Wish you all good luck.
I would love to know more about the process. I can’t PM you, can you please PM me details on how to submit my case to court?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79859
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:43 pm

SabrAyoub wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:38 pm
I would love to know more about the process. I can’t PM you, can you please PM me details on how to submit my case to court?
You don't have access to the privilege of the PM function yet as a newly registered member. Neither to send PMs or receive them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amwaraich
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by amwaraich » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:27 am

SabrAyoub wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:38 pm

I would love to know more about the process. I can’t PM you, can you please PM me details on how to submit my case to court?
When you applied?

SabrAyoub
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:33 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by SabrAyoub » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:38 am

amwaraich wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:27 am
SabrAyoub wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:38 pm

I would love to know more about the process. I can’t PM you, can you please PM me details on how to submit my case to court?
When you applied?
June 2018 and I’ve been receiving the same email that some checks takes longer to certain applicants and on top of that, they told a TD establishing I am of a good character could take time! Which is facial profiling if you ask me

SabrAyoub
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:33 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by SabrAyoub » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:59 am

SabrAyoub wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:38 am
amwaraich wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:27 am
SabrAyoub wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:38 pm

I would love to know more about the process. I can’t PM you, can you please PM me details on how to submit my case to court?
When you applied?
June 2018 and I’ve been receiving the same email that some checks takes longer to certain applicants and on top of that, they told a TD establishing I am of a good character could take time! Which is facial profiling if you ask me
R.acial* profiling
Sorry, the forum is automatically replacing facial (with r) with facial :/

amwaraich
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by amwaraich » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:09 am

SabrAyoub wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:38 am

June 2018 and I’ve been receiving the same email that some checks takes longer to certain applicants and on top of that, they told a TD establishing I am of a good character could take time! Which is facial profiling if you ask me
Did you receive 2nd stage letter? If yes, when you got it?
You got any court convictions? If yes, did you disclose it in your application?
You ever got social welfare payments? If yes, did you disclose it in your application?
Have you got all record of correspondences of any type to/from the department?
What was the basis of your application?

SabrAyoub
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:33 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by SabrAyoub » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:18 am

amwaraich wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:09 am
SabrAyoub wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:38 am

June 2018 and I’ve been receiving the same email that some checks takes longer to certain applicants and on top of that, they told a TD establishing I am of a good character could take time! Which is facial profiling if you ask me
Did you receive 2nd stage letter? If yes, when you got it?
You got any court convictions? If yes, did you disclose it in your application?
You ever got social welfare payments? If yes, did you disclose it in your application?
Have you got all record of correspondences of any type to/from the department?
What was the basis of your application?
2nd stage: in June (after a year and the TD correspondence with them)
No convictions
No social welfare - been in continuous employment with a very reputable company for 6.5 years now
Yes, emails are still stored
5 year non-eu. It’s worth noting I have an Irish kid and a mortgage (i.e. intent to stay is clear)

———
My plan: if I don’t receive a letter of approval this week, I will request a copy of my application under the FIA and based on that proceed with a court case (not sure how that works)

amwaraich
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by amwaraich » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 am

SabrAyoub wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:18 am

2nd stage: in June (after a year and the TD correspondence with them)
No convictions
No social welfare - been in continuous employment with a very reputable company for 6.5 years now
Yes, emails are still stored
5 year non-eu. It’s worth noting I have an Irish kid and a mortgage (i.e. intent to stay is clear)

———
My plan: if I don’t receive a letter of approval this week, I will request a copy of my application under the FIA and based on that proceed with a court case (not sure how that works)
Excellent. Did you apply after the birth of your Irish kid? If yes, did you claim Irish Associations in your application by attaching a passport copy of your kid?

Your case is straightforward. Even no complications in court proceedings.

You cannot send/receive PMs. So don't know how to contact you.

SabrAyoub
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:33 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by SabrAyoub » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:37 am

amwaraich wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 am
Excellent. Did you apply after the birth of your Irish kid? If yes, did you claim Irish Associations in your application by attaching a passport copy of your kid?

Your case is straightforward. Even no complications in court proceedings.

You cannot send/receive PMs. So don't know how to contact you.
Thanks a lot!! I didn’t claim Irish association but I did list my kid (with their nationality written as Irish in the application) and did mention I have an Irish kid in my emails.

Moderators: what is the minimum requirement for PMing? Is it the number of posts?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79859
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:51 am

SabrAyoub wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:37 am
amwaraich wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 am
Excellent. Did you apply after the birth of your Irish kid? If yes, did you claim Irish Associations in your application by attaching a passport copy of your kid?

Your case is straightforward. Even no complications in court proceedings.

You cannot send/receive PMs. So don't know how to contact you.
Thanks a lot!! I didn’t claim Irish association but I did list my kid (with their nationality written as Irish in the application) and did mention I have an Irish kid in my emails.

Moderators: what is the minimum requirement for PMing? Is it the number of posts?
30 GENUINE posts. Any nonsense posts just to increase your count will be removed and the PM function permanently disabled.

Members are reminded again that everyone on the forum is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers who trawl and post here.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SabrAyoub
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:33 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by SabrAyoub » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:49 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:51 am
30 GENUINE posts. Any nonsense posts just to increase your count will be removed and the PM function permanently disabled.

Members are reminded again that everyone on the forum is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers who trawl and post here.
That’s understandable. I wasn’t sure what JR means, but I figured it means Judicial Review. Googling that got me some solicitors to contact. So I feel I might have enough info to go with. Thanks amwaraich!

amwaraich
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by amwaraich » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:58 am

SabrAyoub wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:49 am

That’s understandable. I wasn’t sure what JR means, but I figured it means Judicial Review. Googling that got me some solicitors to contact. So I feel I might have enough info to go with. Thanks amwaraich!
You are welcome.

Statusquo73
Junior Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:15 pm
Lebanon

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Statusquo73 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:53 am

Hi guys,

What I suggest is lets contact some of the journalist, reporters who covered Citizenship issue recently..
If at least 5-6 people email those people They will put on their newspaper.
Imagine a topic like " Citizenship applicants cannot leave Ireland for a year" made a huge noise. Now if we push and tell them our story ( even anonymously) It will be a great topic to cover for them.\
I bbelive we have 2 option, MEDIA or Judical Review.

Meanhile I write myself to journalists and ask them to put this topic on their newspaper.
However we we all together do it It will make a difference. I need your help on this guys....

Lets acts together.

Captainf
Junior Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:57 pm
Afghanistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Captainf » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 pm

Congratulations to one of my closest friend @rajsingh, who got his approval today after 3.5 years of long waiting... Happy for you

Stress
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Stress » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:40 am

Application Based On: 5 years residency
Applied On: August 2016
Application received On: 2016
Acknowledgement :2016
Second Letter:2017
Awaiting On Approval:June 2019
Date of Ceremony: 9th of December 2019

Captainf
Junior Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:57 pm
Afghanistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Captainf » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Stress wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:40 am
Application Based On: 5 years residency
Applied On: August 2016
Application received On: 2016
Acknowledgement :2016
Second Letter:2017
Awaiting On Approval:June 2019
Date of Ceremony: 9th of December 2019
Congratulations Stress... :) :D

Stress
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Stress » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:37 pm

Thanks Captain :D

RajSingh1
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:31 pm
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by RajSingh1 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:35 am

Captainf wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 pm
Congratulations to one of my closest friend @rajsingh, who got his approval today after 3.5 years of long waiting... Happy for you
Thanks Captain
I hope you will get it soon 🙂

CoolMind
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:03 pm
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by CoolMind » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:06 pm

Statusquo73 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:53 am
Hi guys,

What I suggest is lets contact some of the journalist, reporters who covered Citizenship issue recently..
If at least 5-6 people email those people They will put on their newspaper.
Imagine a topic like " Citizenship applicants cannot leave Ireland for a year" made a huge noise. Now if we push and tell them our story ( even anonymously) It will be a great topic to cover for them.\
I bbelive we have 2 option, MEDIA or Judical Review.

Meanhile I write myself to journalists and ask them to put this topic on their newspaper.
However we we all together do it It will make a difference. I need your help on this guys....

Lets acts together.
I would say MEDIA is the best Option, to show the public what is going on with some of the applicants without any reason, how to get the contact details of MEDIA?

5121472
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:50 pm
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by 5121472 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:17 am

CoolMind wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:06 pm
Statusquo73 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:53 am
Hi guys,

What I suggest is lets contact some of the journalist, reporters who covered Citizenship issue recently..
If at least 5-6 people email those people They will put on their newspaper.
Imagine a topic like " Citizenship applicants cannot leave Ireland for a year" made a huge noise. Now if we push and tell them our story ( even anonymously) It will be a great topic to cover for them.\
I bbelive we have 2 option, MEDIA or Judical Review.

Meanhile I write myself to journalists and ask them to put this topic on their newspaper.
However we we all together do it It will make a difference. I need your help on this guys....

Lets acts together.
I would say MEDIA is the best Option, to show the public what is going on with some of the applicants without any reason, how to get the contact details of MEDIA?
Yes, agreed.
Simply type in the name of the news paper or other media with the key word contact and it will come up on google for you e.g Irish Times contact etc. I have recently done it myself.

Finepaddy
Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:46 pm
Mood:
Norway

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Finepaddy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:44 am

5121472 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:17 am
CoolMind wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:06 pm
Statusquo73 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:53 am
Hi guys,

What I suggest is lets contact some of the journalist, reporters who covered Citizenship issue recently..
If at least 5-6 people email those people They will put on their newspaper.
Imagine a topic like " Citizenship applicants cannot leave Ireland for a year" made a huge noise. Now if we push and tell them our story ( even anonymously) It will be a great topic to cover for them.\
I bbelive we have 2 option, MEDIA or Judical Review.

Meanhile I write myself to journalists and ask them to put this topic on their newspaper.
However we we all together do it It will make a difference. I need your help on this guys....

Lets acts together.
I would say MEDIA is the best Option, to show the public what is going on with some of the applicants without any reason, how to get the contact details of MEDIA?
Yes, agreed.
Simply type in the name of the news paper or other media with the key word contact and it will come up on google for you e.g Irish Times contact etc. I have recently done it myself.
2016 applicants have only judicial review option and it make sense too.
I know a solicitor who dont charge for judicial review if u win the case. He charge DOJ. Personally know about two cases where 2016,2017 applicants bring judicial review and they win it and solicitor charge his fee to DOJ. Dont have PM option otherwise I could send u his details.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

pissedoffbyinis
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:07 am
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by pissedoffbyinis » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:45 am

Finepaddy wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:44 am
5121472 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:17 am
CoolMind wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:06 pm
Statusquo73 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:53 am
Hi guys,

What I suggest is lets contact some of the journalist, reporters who covered Citizenship issue recently..
If at least 5-6 people email those people They will put on their newspaper.
Imagine a topic like " Citizenship applicants cannot leave Ireland for a year" made a huge noise. Now if we push and tell them our story ( even anonymously) It will be a great topic to cover for them.\
I bbelive we have 2 option, MEDIA or Judical Review.

Meanhile I write myself to journalists and ask them to put this topic on their newspaper.
However we we all together do it It will make a difference. I need your help on this guys....

Lets acts together.
I would say MEDIA is the best Option, to show the public what is going on with some of the applicants without any reason, how to get the contact details of MEDIA?
Yes, agreed.
Simply type in the name of the news paper or other media with the key word contact and it will come up on google for you e.g Irish Times contact etc. I have recently done it myself.
How much time does it take for Judicial Review process?

2016 applicants have only judicial review option and it make sense too.
I know a solicitor who dont charge for judicial review if u win the case. He charge DOJ. Personally know about two cases where 2016,2017 applicants bring judicial review and they win it and solicitor charge his fee to DOJ. Dont have PM option otherwise I could send u his details.

Locked
cron