ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Original Documents do I need to send?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Michael2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Paying the Naturalisation fee when resident in Northern Ireland

Post by Michael2018 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi there, my wife is a resident in Northern Ireland and will be submitting her application for Irish Naturalisation soon. I went to my Halifax branch in Belfast today to order the 175 euro bank draft but the bank teller told be from experience the Department of Justice will not accept the euro bankers draft from them because it is issued by a UK Bank. I then went to the Bank of Ireland to be told that they only issue sterling bank drafts.

Have any other members come across this problem? Any ideas on where I can get a euro bank draft that the Department of Justice will accept?

Thanks, Michael.

sarcasticapple
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Paying the Naturalisation fee when resident in Northern Ireland

Post by sarcasticapple » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi, my wife used a euro draft from Danske bank in Belfast for her application and that was accepted. I'm not sure if you need to have an account with them to get it though.

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi Sarcasticapple

When i went into the Belfast Branch of Danske Bank, i was advised i would need to open an account with them to get a Euro Bankers Draft. Your wife can apply online for the account.

Kib
Newly Registered

Post by Kib » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:52 am

Michael,

I got a bankers cheque from Bank of Ireland in Lurgan made out in euro--you need someone with an account with the bank though. I went there since Bank of Ireland is in the Republic too. That was in April 2017 though...

Michael2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Michael2018 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks for the replies folks. My father has a Danske Bank account so I will use that.

Kib the Belfast city centre branch of the Bank of Ireland told me that they stopped doing Euro and all Foreign currency bankers drafts this year. I thought this very strange for an Irish bank.

I phoned INIS yesterday and the two old dears I talked too did not have a clue. It was comical. After much deliberation among themselves they said as long as it was a Euro bankers craft then it didn't matter what bank I used. I will use Danske Bank just to be sure as they still have a Commercial banking division in the South.

PickledCucumber
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by PickledCucumber » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Danske Bank is Danish though, I’d seek confirmation by email from INIS before sending to be on the safe side. We applied from NI and used First Trust Bank (AIB down South) for the bank drafts. One needs to have an account there and use cleared funds to get the draft, you can’t just rock up to the counter with cash and get it. They seem accoustoned to doing it as when my husband paid the €950 for the approval fee the cashier knew to write the application number on the back. Also, when you receive the approval letter you have 10 days from the date on the letter to get the €950 bank draft to them in Tipperary. Literally we had to go and get it that same day and post it as we were already 6 days in due to the length of time it took to get from Tipperary to our address in the North. So it would be good to have your bank and funds ready for that eventuality.

sarcasticapple
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sarcasticapple » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:55 pm

PickledCucumber wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:00 pm
Danske Bank is Danish though, I’d seek confirmation by email from INIS before sending to be on the safe side. We applied from NI and used First Trust Bank (AIB down South) for the bank drafts. One needs to have an account there and use cleared funds to get the draft, you can’t just rock up to the counter with cash and get it. They seem accoustoned to doing it as when my husband paid the €950 for the approval fee the cashier knew to write the application number on the back. Also, when you receive the approval letter you have 10 days from the date on the letter to get the €950 bank draft to them in Tipperary. Literally we had to go and get it that same day and post it as we were already 6 days in due to the length of time it took to get from Tipperary to our address in the North. So it would be good to have your bank and funds ready for that eventuality.
Danske Bank is Danish but if you ask for a euro draft in Northern Ireland it will be sent from their Dublin office, so it is okay for INIS use.

billybob19700

Post by billybob19700 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:07 pm

I have used Danske Bank in Belfast for both the application and naturalisation fee.

Michael2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

What Original Documents do I need to send?

Post by Michael2018 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:31 am

Hello Folks, I can a bit confused about which documents I have to send in both original and certified copy format and which documents only require a certified copy?

Have I got it right below?

Wife's Original Passport and Certified Copy of Biometric Page
Wife's Original British Residency Card and Certified Copy
Wife's Original Thai Birth Certificate, Certified translation and Certified Copy of Both
My Original Passport and Certified Copy of Biometric Page
My Original Birth Certificate and Certified Copy
Our Original Thai Marriage Certificate plus Original Translation and a Certified Copy of Both

All other documents such as bank statements, wages slips, utility bills ....etc will be included in original form.

Also do we have to include any invitation letter? Or does my wife have to include a letter stating her wish to be Irish citizen?

Thanks

Kib
Newly Registered

Post by Kib » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Thanks for the heads up over BoI. Opening a First Trust account in readiness. Be advised I have a two week wait for an appointment to open said account...

Michael2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: What Original Documents do I need to send?

Post by Michael2018 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:49 pm

Hello guys, Any recommendations on what original documents I need to send?

Does my wife have to send both per passport and British residency card?

I have certified copies of everything but I am vague on what original documents I also have to send

Thanks

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:26 am

What are you applying for? Citizenship or a visa? If it's citizenship then I think the form is pretty much self explanatory. Also this thread ireland/irish-citizenship-application-f ... 60466.html may help you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:45 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.