ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Visa and Plan B

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

haqhash

FLR (M) Visa and Plan B

Post by haqhash » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:47 am

Dear Moderators and Members,
We are planning to apply for my wife visa on same day service. Her visa expires mid April. I already have ILR and registered my daughter for naturalization already

Due to the complex financial requirements we are not sure what will be the outcome. In case of a negative outcome what will be the options for us ? My questions are below

1. Will she get right of appeal? How many days will be given to appeal?
2. Can she put a fresh application under FLR FP? How many days will be given to re-apply
3. What will be the best option ? 1 OR 2

I really value your opinion

Cheers

Casa

Re: FLR (M) Visa and Plan B

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:58 am

If you believe that your wife's application isn't 100% straightforward, it would be a mistake to apply in person. The junior staff at the PSCs don't have the level of seniority to make a decision on any application that requires further scrutiny. If you submit the FLR(M) application by post, if you fail to meet the required level of income, they should issue a FLR(FP) visa rather than an outright refusal.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

favour

Post by favour » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:50 pm

Cant you apply for flrfp through PEO if you are not sure you meet the financial requirement?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:01 pm

No.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

favour

Post by favour » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:27 pm

hello Casa,
I am wondering why not, since haghash wife is not an overstayer, he has ilr, and daughters registration is in progress. Is this not straightforward enough for a PEO application or do you mean flrfp application should not be made @ PEO

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:40 pm

A decision won't be made on an FLR(FP) application at a PSC. An FLR(FP) application is complex and never considered as 'straightforward'.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... he-service

When you can't use the service
someone whose case is complex because of personal circumstances
(Casa, not CR001)

favour

Post by favour » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:27 pm

Since she is nit an overstayer, in my opinion her case is not complex and she should be able to use peo for flrfp. the guidaince form said one can use PEO as well.
I am not a legal practitioner though.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:35 pm

favour wrote:Since she is nit an overstayer, in my opinion her case is not complex and she should be able to use peo for flrfp. the guidaince form said one can use PEO as well.
I am not a legal practitioner though.
You're right, it does indeed. She will however have to ensure that her application is valid with no (as Noajthan would say) 'wriggle room' for the case worker to pass this on to a senior level for a further checks.
(Casa, not CR001)

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:56 pm

Dear Casa and Favour,
thank you both for valuable answers.
FLR FP will be plan B only.

We are planning to apply under FLR M which i assume should be straight forward. But again the financial requirements for FLR M are very complicated so you never know

The benefit of postal application (in my opinion) will be that my daughter will hopefully be naturalized during the processing of my wife postal application. And in an unlikely event of refusal , we will have the option to put fresh application under FLR FP

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:42 pm

What exactly are you finding complicated about the FLR(M) financial requirement?
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:02 pm

Casa wrote:What exactly are you finding complicated about the FLR(M) financial requirement?
Another user doing multiple posts so that we can run around finding the full story :shock:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1324349

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1317880
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:15 am

Dear Team,
If visa expires on 15, can we post application on 15 or it should deliver there by 15?

Sending date matters or delivery date?

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:24 am

The date of posting.
(Casa, not CR001)

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:52 pm

Thanks Casa

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:59 pm

Make sure you keep the receipt of posting (special delivery/recorded post)
(Casa, not CR001)

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:46 pm

Thanks Casa,
Another quick question. We have already applied for our daughter registration. Can my daughter travel outside UK during the application?

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:04 am

haqhash wrote:Thanks Casa,
Another quick question. We have already applied for our daughter registration. Can my daughter travel outside UK during the application?

Thanks
Yes if she has a valid passport showing the right to travel and re-enter the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Thanks Casa , her previous visa was on BRP which has already expired. Passport is valid but there is no valid visa on that

Bit tricky for us....looks like that there is no option but to wait for outcome of naturalization

Cheers

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:39 pm

haqhash wrote:Thanks Casa , her previous visa was on BRP which has already expired. Passport is valid but there is no valid visa on that

Bit tricky for us....looks like that there is no option but to wait for outcome of naturalization

Cheers
In which case with no valid BRP she wouldn't be able to board the aircraft or be permitted entry by the UK Border control.
(Casa, not CR001)