ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply extend visa 3 months before expire date?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Neneng Amelya
Newly Registered

Can I apply extend visa 3 months before expire date?

Post by Neneng Amelya » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:43 am

Deal all,

I have been granted to live in the UK for 33 months and my visa's expire date is 14th January 2017. I arrived in the UK on 9th May 2014.

I have a lot of information which is confusing me.
I am planning visit my family in December 2016. Can I apply the FLR(m) application on 13th October 2016 which is 27 days before I have completed 30 months live in the UK?

I found the point below but I just want to make sure.

"A person in the UK with entry clearance or limited leave to remain as a partner granted under Appendix FM on the basis of an application made from 9 July 2012 should apply for further leave to remain no more than 28 days before their extant leave expires or no more than 28 days before they have completed 30 months in the UK with such leave. Up to 28 days of extant leave remaining at the date of application will be added to the period of leave granted."

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...

Could you please inform me for any further? Thank you.

Amelya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I apply extend visa 3 months before expire date?

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:17 pm

It should be fine to apply shortly before uou reach 30 months since arriving in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:34 pm

If you apply too early, then your window of time for applying for SET(M) may be limited/lost.

Normally, to preserve at least a 28 days period when applying for SET(M), you should extend your FLR(M) after completing thirty months in the UK and before your leave expires, between Wednesday, 9 November 2016 and 13 January 2017.

Adding up to 28 days to extant leave being granted is something new. This may enable you to extend up to 28 days earlier, if the caseworker remembers to apply the discretion. But it won't be necessary, if you apply between the dates indicated, after spending thirty months in the UK and before leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

coder-r
Newly Registered

Post by coder-r » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:17 am

Hello Neneng,

How did you get on with your FLR (M) application?

Did you end up applying 28 days before the 33rd month or the 30th month?

I am in a similar dilemma with my wife's FLR (M).

Best wishes,

R