ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New IS96 Reporting Document

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

New IS96 Reporting Document

Post by annoyedatukba » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi Gurus and Guys on here,

I have posted before. I am on an Entrepreneur 50k route

Applied for extension in December.
Got refusal for extension end of February
Applied for AR on March 2 (within the 14 day period)

Today I received a 3 page letter from the home office titled NEW IS96 reporting document. It is basically asking me to report to Becket House weekly to see an immigration officer because "I am person without leave who has been served with a notice of liability to removal" - I am also "not allowed to work or engage in any business activity unless I have been explicitly granted permission to do so".

"Failure to comply with this carries a 6 months prison sentence and a GBP5,000 fine"

I am not sure why I received this letter when I have filed for AR within the 14 day period, also why are they stating that I do not have leave to remain? Isn't the leave to remain extended as a T1 Entrepreneur for as long as the AR decision is pending.

Has anyone received such a document? What does it mean? Please gurus I need your advice.

zimba
Mood:

Re: New IS96 Reporting Document

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:54 pm

Did you apply for extension before your leave expired ? Then you are protected under section 3C and the letter probably is issued by mistake.
You must report to Becket House as required and explain that you have an AR application pending with HO and that you are covered by section 3C as you have applied in-time and the AR is still pending, so you have the right to be here and work and the reporting needs to be cancelled.

See this: general-uk-immigration-forum/is96-tempo ... l#p1333170
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:08 pm

zimba88 wrote:Did you apply for extension before your leave expired ? Then you are protected under section 3C and the letter probably is issued by mistake.
You must report to Becket House as required and explain that you have an AR application pending with HO and that you are covered by section 3C as you have applied in-time and the AR is still pending, so you have the right to be here and work and the reporting needs to be cancelled.

Hi Zimba,

Yes I did.

My leave expired on December 13th and I applied on December 3rd via courier so they received it on December 4th well before my leave expired. I also applied for the AR within the 14 day period and I have a confirmation email from the home office stating that they received the application.

Thank you for your advice, and I will definitely go to the appointment set out in the letter.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:09 pm

annoyedatukba wrote:
zimba88 wrote:Did you apply for extension before your leave expired ? Then you are protected under section 3C and the letter probably is issued by mistake.

Hi Zimba,

Yes I did.

My leave expired on December 13th and I applied on December 3rd via courier so they received it on December 4th well before my leave expired. I also applied for the AR within the 14 day period and I have a confirmation email from the home office stating that they received the application.

Thank you for your advice, and I will definitely go to the appointment set out in the letter.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Thanks for the link too, I went through the thread and it explained things.

I have no idea why they try and make it so difficult for everyone involved - very frustrating to receive such a letter in error!

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:29 pm

annoyedatukba wrote:Thanks for the link too, I went through the thread and it explained things.

I have no idea why they try and make it so difficult for everyone involved - very frustrating to receive such a letter in error!
You do not even need to go there in person...Just give them a call and explain...Hopefully they will cancel the reporting.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:15 pm

Thank you, will try that over the next couple of days and update this thread when I do.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Tried getting through to Becket house all morning (over 15 times) and there is no answer to the phone number provided in the letter they sent.

Just tried them again now, it rang then went to an automated service saying that their working hours are from 9 - 1 and that I had to call back within these hours !!!

Will keep trying and update this thread when I do manage to get through

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Just updating this thread

Got through to Becket house, they said the reason I got the IS96 is because their system stated that my T1 extension has been refused on February 17th. Nobody has updated them that I applied for an AR after that.

I called the HO, they said that I needed to send a letter to case working apartment explaining the situation and attaching the letter I received from Becket House, alongside the AR confirmation. They will then contact Becket house and amend.

Question for the Gurus

Problem is, I know that will NEVER happen before my reporting date of March 31st. Will I be blacklisted if I go to the appointment and report?? Will that mean that I am agreeing that I am an overstayer? Is there anyway that I can avoid this?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Problem is, I know that will NEVER happen before my reporting date of March 31st. Will I be blacklisted if I go to the appointment and report?? Will that mean that I am agreeing that I am an overstayer? Is there anyway that I can avoid this?
Over stayer is a LEGAL concept based on the rules and you currently ARE protected under section 3C, hence you are NOT an overstayer. There is no blacklist. :? Please follow the HO instructions. You MUST attend the appointment as requested and show the AR confirmation.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:06 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Over stayer is a LEGAL concept based on the rules and you currently ARE protected under section 3C, hence you are NOT an overstayer. There is no blacklist. :? Please follow the HO instructions. You MUST attend the appointment as requested and show the AR confirmation.

Hi Zimba,

Many thanks for your prompt response. I will attend the appointment and I will take all supporting documents with me. I am hoping that my refusal decision will be overturned as well at the AR and I will have that with me before the 31st.

Fingers crossed.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi Guys and Gurus,

I am updating this thread as promised.

So as expected neither the Home Office nor Beckett House responded to the letters I sent out stating that I received IS96 by mistake as I have a pending AR. So of course I went to the appointment.

The employees were very nice, I even spoke to the manager there. They told me that they were an enforcement agency and that while they understand that I have an AR pending as per the documents I had, I still had a duty to report weekly. They advised me to write to the home office and ask them to send out a letter to Beckett House telling them that I do not need to report. Until they get that later from the home office I have an obligation to report on a weekly basis.

I have already sent out a letter to the home office and another one to Beckett House, is there anything else I can do?

Does anyone else on here that has an outstanding AR have to report? Please advise

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:00 pm

That is good news. Just follow up with HO and report as requested until it is cancelled.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:16 pm

zimba88 wrote:That is good news. Just follow up with HO and report as requested until it is cancelled.
Thank you Zimba - I have no other choice but to continue to report every Friday. I am hoping that I get the refusal overturned at the AR sooner rather than later.

Once again, thanks for the support and I will update the post when I have new information in case anyone else is in the same boat.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:18 am

It's strange that you have to report to them even though you are not an overstayer. There are others on here who have made second applications post rejections yet it doesn't look like they are being asked to report anywhere. Hope the issue is resolved soon.
Is Capita handling this on behalf of the HO?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:32 am

annoyedatukba wrote:The employees were very nice, I even spoke to the manager there.
On the bright side, you got an opportunity to meet nice people and perhaps make new friends, regardless of their jobs.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:35 am

sm12 wrote:It's strange that you have to report to them even though you are not an overstayer. There are others on here who have made second applications post rejections yet it doesn't look like they are being asked to report anywhere. Hope the issue is resolved soon.
Is Capita handling this on behalf of the HO?
That is what I thought! My solicitor and barrister also think the same. They said we have never seen this before in a person that has a pending AR with the Home Office. And my barrister is also an immigration judge!

I am not sure who is handling it on behalf of the home office - I too hope that it will get resolved soon. I am not happy with this weekly reporting. But nothing I can do about it until my AR is approved. Than you for your well wishes.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:37 am

vinny wrote:
annoyedatukba wrote:The employees were very nice, I even spoke to the manager there.
On the bright side, you got an opportunity to meet nice people and perhaps make new friends, regardless of their jobs.
Thanks for trying to shed some positivity on the situation. Hopefully my approval will arrive sooner rather than later.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi Guys,

Just updating this thread yet again.

Still no response to the letter I have send to the Home office to remove my reporting conditions.

My AR has since been refused and I made a fresh application today. I have no choice but to continue to report until I hear back from the Home Office with my approval.

Is anyone else on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa reporting? or am I the only one? My solicitor says that it is very strange that I receive the IS96, as this form is usually for refugees and asylum seekers.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:08 pm

Were you paying yourself a salary? Were you in your company's payroll?

Thanks

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:52 pm

jafersadeq wrote:Were you paying yourself a salary? Were you in your company's payroll?

Thanks
Hi Jafersadeq - no I wasn't paying myself a salary nor was I ever on my company payroll.

But what does this have to do with IS96 and reporting?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:14 pm

A while ago, one of the members here was asked to report when his initial application was turned down. But this case was when applicants got appeal rights.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:55 am

sm12 wrote:A while ago, one of the members here was asked to report when his initial application was turned down. But this case was when applicants got appeal rights.
Hi sm12 - thank you for letting me know about this. It feels so random though and I feel powerless to stop it.

My extension application was refused on 17th of Feb 2017, and I submit an AR on the 23rd of Feb 2017. I received the IS96 on the 15th of March asking me to start reporting weekly from 31st March onwards. This happened while my AR was in process.

I have since reported twice, my AR has been refused "decision upheld by HO", I have submit a fresh application and I still have to report weekly.

I've sent a letter on the 20th of March to the HO and to Becket House (reporting centre) asking them to lift the reporting restrictions, but of course they haven't responded yet.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi guys

Just letting you know how I'm getting on.

This is my 5th week of reporting. It's a futile exercise and it a total and utter waste of time. But still I go, because I have to I can't miss a single appointment.

I'm still not sure why I am required to report, I've sent 2 letter on 20th of March one to the HO and another one to Becket house, asking them to lift the reporting requirement or at least explain why I have to do it while others on this route aren't required to do so. I have not heard back from either body.

Still waiting and still reporting.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:04 pm

Thank you for keeping us updated.
It helps to know about this as it could happen to anyone who is reapplying.