ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrafgsharoon

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by mrafgsharoon » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:28 am

Hi Smallpie yeah they told me the reason
➡️Following your application on 16th Feb 2016
We wrote to you on behalf of secretary of state on
24 Feb 2016 and sent you reminder on 20th
March 2016 informing you of the requirement TO
Provide your Biometrics info scanned fingerprints and
Photgraph As you have Failed to comply with this requirement
In accordance with the relevant regulations and published
Polices your application is Invalid and has been Rejected
We are returning your application form+documents that's all
Now I am waiting for my documents since 12th June 2017 till
Now .

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:15 am

mrafgsharoon wrote:Hi Smallpie yeah they told me the reason
➡️Following your application on 16th Feb 2016
We wrote to you on behalf of secretary of state on
24 Feb 2016 and sent you reminder on 20th
March 2016 informing you of the requirement TO
Provide your Biometrics info scanned fingerprints and
Photgraph As you have Failed to comply with this requirement
In accordance with the relevant regulations and published
Polices your application is Invalid and has been Rejected
We are returning your application form+documents that's all
Now I am waiting for my documents since 12th June 2017 till
Now .

It says they wrote to you twice, that's strange you didnt get any of the letters tho.

And upto date, u haven't received the returned documents either
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:21 pm

Yeah you are right but I don't know what happend
To to letters I think the landlord trough it away now I no
Longer live in that address .

Zoraika
Newly Registered

Post by Zoraika » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi,

My application was refused because I didn't provide the documents they were asking. I had a stressful period at that time( I just gave birth before I got their letter) and I didn't read their letter properly, so I only sent my passport but not my P60s... Shall I apply for reconsideration or I should apply for a new AN?

Thanks

anana12027
Newly Registered

Post by anana12027 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Zoraika wrote:Hi,

My application was refused because I didn't provide the documents they were asking. I had a stressful period at that time( I just gave birth before I got their letter) and I didn't read their letter properly, so I only sent my passport but not my P60s... Shall I apply for reconsideration or I should apply for a new AN?

Thanks

Hi I'm got refused for the same reason.
I apply for reconsideration back in November and still waiting to hear back from them.
It's not easy waiting and expecting letter every day.
My solicitor told me that only 1 in 10 is successful through appeal.
Good luck with your decision.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:28 pm

Zoraika wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Hi, Please what documents do they ask for? And why asking for those documents??
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:03 am

Hi Zoraika
I think it would be better for you to
Apply filling in new form AN as Reconsideration
Takes more time than new one
As I already got rejected 2 weeks ago
For not providing my finger prints for Biometrics
It was my fault and many of my friends told me to apply
For new one
Booked my appointment already at NCS for the joint
Application passport & naturalisation at the same time
One more thing to mention b4 I had difficulties with the
Residency providing 5 yrs proof I have Travel document
Which is only 3 years old and I had nothing to prove 2
More yrs so I called HMRC to ask for tax records
For 2 years and thankfully I got my letters from HMRC
Finger crossed . Good luck with your New AN.

Zoraika
Newly Registered

Post by Zoraika » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:02 am

I got my PR card in 2014 and they want me to proof that I was in the country between then and now....
I don't know what to do. I can't think.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:08 am

If you have been working since 2014, then your P60s may help.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Zoraika
Newly Registered

Post by Zoraika » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:19 am

I have everything but I'm not sure if they are going to accept the reconsideration. If not thatn I loose £321 and I have to apply for citizenship again. That is what makes me thinking...
I go to CAB today and see what they say

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:43 am

Zoraika wrote:I have everything but I'm not sure if they are going to accept the reconsideration. If not thatn I loose £321 and I have to apply for citizenship again. That is what makes me thinking...
Could you get a letter from your employer indicating your working hours and absence since 2014?
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

Zoraika
Newly Registered

Post by Zoraika » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:49 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
Zoraika wrote:I have everything but I'm not sure if they are going to accept the reconsideration. If not thatn I loose £321 and I have to apply for citizenship again. That is what makes me thinking...
Could you get a letter from your employer indicating your working hours and absence since 2014?
My P60s should be enough. I have them since 2008. I'm just not sure how risky is to applu for reconsideration.

anana12027
Newly Registered

Post by anana12027 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:02 am

Hello everyone,
I need some advise.
I have filled in the request to return my documents whilst appeal is being considered and don't know what I should do. I need the documents as I'm enrolling for masters this September and the university is asked to see the original paperwork . I'm intending to go to EU for September 2018 and do a course there.
I was initially rejected for not providing appropriate paperwork to show I have not left the UK and I appealed in in November.
I have not heard back.
Do you guys think because of my timescale shall I just retract the whole application and apply for citizenship again?
At this point I'm desperate because I need my British passport to be able to start the EU course. Any advice or comment about s greatly appreciated.
Couple of questions? If I take my applications to j back would it not affect my next one?
Is there a time scale I need to wait before submitting the citizenship application again.

Thanks

Indguru90

Post by Indguru90 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:51 pm

anana12027 wrote:Hello everyone,
I need some advise.
I have filled in the request to return my documents whilst appeal is being considered and don't know what I should do. By appeal, presumably you mean a request for reconsideration?I need the documents as I'm enrolling for masters this September and the university is asked to see the original paperwork . I'm intending to go to EU for September 2018 and do a course there.
I was initially rejected for not providing appropriate paperwork to show I have not left the UK and I appealed in in November.I'm afraid your request for reconsideration is likely to be refused anyway.
This is not a statutory right of appeal. Reconsideration will only have a favourable outcome where you can show that the HO have made a legal or policy-related error. Examples of successful applications for reconsideration would include where the HO simply failed to take into account documentation actually submitted. In your case, the HO is likely to argue that you should have submitted the required documentation at the point of application, so that your refusal was not the fault of the HO. In other words, a new application would be the appropriate course of action, rather than reconsideration. A rather pricey option, admittedly...

I have not heard back.
Do you guys think because of my timescale shall I just retract the whole application and apply for citizenship again? As per the above, that would be technically the advisable course of action. The timescale for reconsiderations is always difficult to predict in advance. However, there is not much point in withdrawing your reconsideration request at this point, as the fee won't be refunded. Who knows, you may get lucky. If you are not, you may reapply afterwards and one should think you would have your passport well before Sept 2018.
At this point I'm desperate because I need my British passport to be able to start the EU course. Any advice or comment about s greatly appreciated. Would it be impossible for you to obtain a study visa? There is also the issue about future intentions - do you intend to return to the UK after completion of the Master's programme?
Couple of questions? If I take my applications to j back would it not affect my next one? Previous refusals will not generally affect the outcome of future applications (unless of course there were issues about deception etc.). You can apply again at any time. However, if you were to apply AFTER your Master's degree, bear in mind that your absences will increase significantly during your time overseas, and that you must not have spent more than 90 (in fact, 100) days overseas in the 12 months preceding your next application.
Is there a time scale I need to wait before submitting the citizenship application again.Nope.

Thanks
Hope this helps, best of luck.

Maggiew
Newly Registered

Post by Maggiew » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi there. I've recently applied for naturalisation in UK. I'm an European citizen and have been in the U.K. For 13 years.y application has been refused on the grounds of not being in the uk long enough. I presume the evidence I provided (employers declaration, residency card - which I suspect only gave me 5 years, NI number and swop certificates from 2005) haven't been reviewed properly. My since wrote back to HO with my p60 for the past 13 years, council tax bills, bank statements and a letter from my employer. The response was that I have to pay additional fee for my application to be reconsidered. Bearing in mind how much I already paid and that I am not in the wrong I'm reluctant to pay any further fees. Has anyone had a similar experience? I've got to say I am very upset about this.
Thanks
M

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Maggiew wrote:Hi there. I've recently applied for naturalisation in UK. I'm an European citizen and have been in the U.K. For 13 years.y application has been refused on the grounds of not being in the uk long enough. I presume the evidence I provided (employers declaration, residency card - which I suspect only gave me 5 years, NI number and swop certificates from 2005) haven't been reviewed properly. My since wrote back to HO with my p60 for the past 13 years, council tax bills, bank statements and a letter from my employer. The response was that I have to pay additional fee for my application to be reconsidered. Bearing in mind how much I already paid and that I am not in the wrong I'm reluctant to pay any further fees. Has anyone had a similar experience? I've got to say I am very upset about this.
Thanks
M
Do you have a document certifying permanent residence (DCPR)? This is different to a Residence Card/certificate.

A reconsideration request is an additional fee yes, no way to avoid that and it can take many months. No Fee, no reconsideration.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maggiew
Newly Registered

Post by Maggiew » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:57 pm

Thank you for your response. I'm not aware I've got dcpr, which probably means I haven't. I've got a workers scheme registration document from 2004. Which I sent in with my second letter after the refusal.
Cheers
M

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Maggiew wrote:Thank you for your response. I'm not aware I've got dcpr, which probably means I haven't. I've got a workers scheme registration document from 2004. Which I sent in with my second letter after the refusal.
Cheers
M
Since 12th November 2015, it is mandatory to submit the DCPR proving you have attained Permanent Residency. If you do not have a document stating you have PR, then the refusal is correct and a reconsideration will be of no use.

You will have to apply for a DCPR, costs £65 and can take up to 6 months. Once you have that, depending on when you attained PR, you will have to apply for citizenship again and pay the fee again.

Did you apply by yourself by post?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maggiew
Newly Registered

Post by Maggiew » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Maggiew wrote:Thank you for your response. I'm not aware I've got dcpr, which probably means I haven't. I've got a workers scheme registration document from 2004. Which I sent in with my second letter after the refusal.
Cheers
M
Since 12th November 2015, it is mandatory to submit the DCPR proving you have attained Permanent Residency. If you do not have a document stating you have PR, then the refusal is correct and a reconsideration will be of no use.

You will have to apply for a DCPR, costs £65 and can take up to 6 months. Once you have that, depending on when you attained PR, you will have to apply for citizenship again and pay the fee again.

I have the Permanent residency certificate, the fee for this was £65. The guide with the application said that this was sufficient. I got this in December 2016.
I applied by post by myself, I regret this fully now!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:27 pm

Maggiew wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Cheers
M

I have the Permanent residency certificate, the fee for this was £65. The guide with the application said that this was sufficient. I got this in December 2016.
What are the exact words of the refusal you got (minus any personal details)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Maggiew
Newly Registered

Post by Maggiew » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Maggiew wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Cheers
M

What are the exact words of the refusal you got (minus any personal details)?
The letter says that although I've been exercising the eea rights for a period of 5 years I'm not qualifying for citizenship as the period of time that has elapsed since I've received the permanent residency isn't enough. Sorry I left my paperwork at work not to look at it over the weekend to avoid getting depressed!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Maggiew wrote:The letter says that although I've been exercising the eea rights for a period of 5 years I'm not qualifying for citizenship as the period of time that has elapsed since I've received the permanent residency isn't enough. Sorry I left my paperwork at work not to look at it over the weekend to avoid getting depressed!
Can you remember on what date you automatically attained PR (a letter from HO if you got one would have said the date). It is different to the date of the PR card.

You qualify for citizenship a full 12 months AFTER you automatically attained PR, unless married to a British citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Maggiew
Newly Registered

Post by Maggiew » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Maggiew wrote:The letter says that although I've been exercising the eea rights for a period of 5 years I'm not qualifying for citizenship as the period of time that has elapsed since I've received the permanent residency isn't enough. Sorry I left my paperwork at work not to look at it over the weekend to avoid getting depressed!
Can you remember on what date you automatically attained PR (a letter from HO if you got one would have said the date). It is different to the date of the PR card.

You qualify for citizenship a full 12 months AFTER you automatically attained PR, unless married to a British citizen.
Neither the letter nor the certificate mentioned date from which this was issued. I tried calling them but was told to write a letter. I did that asking for the date but haven't received response as yet (10 days elapsed). I think this is the issue, all other evidence has not been looked at.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Maggiew wrote:Neither the letter nor the certificate mentioned date from which this was issued. I tried calling them but was told to write a letter. I did that asking for the date but haven't received response as yet (10 days elapsed). I think this is the issue, all other evidence has not been looked at.
Citizenship is based and decided on the 5 years residence immediately prior to the date of application and that is what they look at for the qualifying period. This 5 years must include the final 12 months of PR. You should do a subject access request to find out what date you automatically attained PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Maggiew
Newly Registered

Post by Maggiew » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Maggiew wrote:Neither the letter nor the certificate mentioned date from which this was issued. I tried calling them but was told to write a letter. I did that asking for the date but haven't received response as yet (10 days elapsed). I think this is the issue, all other evidence has not been looked at.
Citizenship is based and decided on the 5 years residence immediately prior to the date of application and that is what they look at for the qualifying period. This 5 years must include the final 12 months of PR. You should do a subject access request to find out what date you automatically attained PR.
I will do this, thank you. I think this is where it went wrong. If the date is not correct can I have it changed?