ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many days should I need to wait?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

faizanhussain
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: How many days should I need to wait?

Post by faizanhussain » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:40 pm

T5advice wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:22 am
Hello Faizan,

Your post has made me very worried as waiting for four months for a Tier 5 visa is beyond thoughts. Can yoh please tell me what questions did they ask you when they called you? And also whos your sponsor?
Yeah em worried too.. I don't know what's going on...and yeah I have also applied from Islamabad... what visa have you applied GAE?.. I have totally given up on this visa now.. em not even bothering taking any stress about this visa.. they asked me like total 13 or 14 question pretty simple ones
1st: complete name with the surname obvious.
2nd: date of birth and nationality.
3rd: have I ever been to UK before.
4th: for what purpose and when and obviously my leaving date.
5th: sponsor name and address
6th: how did I hear about this job.
7th: how many hours em I going to work.
8th: how much will they pay me.
9th: what's my designation at this job.
10th: any past experience.
11th: brief introduction about the company and company''s client details, if know any.
12th: what will I do in the remaining hours of the week
13th: how many family members do I have in Pakistan.
That's it I don't exactly know if I have missed any question but these were the main questions so far I could recall.
No I haven't contacted them.. I am not bothered my job was suppose to start at 1 July but it doesn't make any different I can get a fresh job letter from the company with a new date because the date is not mentioned on the cos letter..
Ap kahan say ho? And apko is visa k baray main kaisay pata chala q k jahan tak mera andaza hy boht he kum logo ko is visa category k baray main pata hay Pakistan main. ...

faizanhussain
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faizanhussain » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 pm

T5advice wrote:
Hello Faizan,

Your post has made me very worried as waiting for four months for a Tier 5 visa is beyond thoughts. Can yoh please tell me what questions did they ask you when they called you? And also whos your sponsor?
May 2017 k decisions 120 days main aye that if you look on the ukvi website people who applied from Islamabad they got their decisions in 120 days in may 2017 and from lahore it took them around 60 days I guess and from karachi it took them 10 days.... ukvi ki website pay ap processing time check kar sakty hain... I don't know k cities main kia difference rakha va hay unho nay k lahore and karachi say kum.time lagay ga and Islamabad say ziada time... and February 2017 k decisions 90 days main aye thay Islamabad k...

T5advice
Newly Registered

Post by T5advice » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:06 am

faizanhussain wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 pm
T5advice wrote:
Hello Faizan,

May 2017 k decisions 120 days main aye that if you look on the ukvi website people who applied from Islamabad they got their decisions in 120 days in may 2017 and from lahore it took them around 60 days I guess and from karachi it took them 10 days.... ukvi ki website pay ap processing time check kar sakty hain... I don't know k cities main kia difference rakha va hay unho nay k lahore and karachi say kum.time lagay ga and Islamabad say ziada time... and February 2017 k decisions 90 days main aye thay Islamabad k...

Yes mine is GAE too. I studied in uk so I came to know about this visa type there. As far as UKVI is concerned, they are too busy at the minute. Even there are so many students who applied in july and are still waiting for visa and there classes had already started or about to start. As far as the processing times are concerned, i think they are not authentic as how can a tier 5 take less time from karachi than Islamabad.
Whos your sponsor? And did you try to contact your sponsor? Have you been to uk before?
I contacted my sponsor last week and they have changed my internship date from 1st of August to 1st of October and have updated their sponsor mangement system too. I think that will do for the delay.
In this case i would recommend contacting your sponsor and let them know about whats going on? Also call ukvi to escalate your case.

faizanhussain
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faizanhussain » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:17 am

T5advice wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:06 am
faizanhussain wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 pm
T5advice wrote:
Hello Faizan,

Yes mine is GAE too. I studied in uk so I came to know about this visa type there. As far as UKVI is concerned, they are too busy at the minute. Even there are so many students who applied in july and are still waiting for visa and there classes had already started or about to start. As far as the processing times are concerned, i think they are not authentic as how can a tier 5 take less time from karachi than Islamabad.
Whos your sponsor? And did you try to contact your sponsor? Have you been to uk before?
I contacted my sponsor last week and they have changed my internship date from 1st of August to 1st of October and have updated their sponsor mangement system too. I think that will do for the delay.
In this case i would recommend contacting your sponsor and let them know about whats going on? Also call ukvi to escalate your case.
Yeah I have also been to UK before studied there for about 4 years then came back in 2015... yeah I have contacted my sponsor they asked me to wait.. sponsor name removed by moderator is my sponsor... can you guide me how to contact ukvi?...

faizanhussain
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faizanhussain » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:25 am

How come your biometrics were on the 13th I mean after submitting the application... did u apply through gerry''s or the embassy? Cus I have applied from gerry"'s and my biometrics were on the sam day..Bro can you contact me on my phone it's contact number removed by moderator. Little guidance will be much helpful for me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:56 am

faizanhussain wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:25 am
How come your biometrics were on the 13th I mean after submitting the application... did u apply through gerry''s or the embassy? Cus I have applied from gerry"'s and my biometrics were on the sam day..Bro can you contact me on my phone it's contact number removed by moderator. Little guidance will be much helpful for me.
Suggest spend some time reading the forum rules. You are NOT permitted to name your sponsor or post your personal contact details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

missyk
Newly Registered

Post by missyk » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:59 am

Hi guys,

I got my passport back today with a stamped visa woohoo thought it'd be useful to post an update of my application timeline.

Tier 5 YMS (non-priority)
Online application - 18 August
Biometrics - 28 August
Received in Sheffield (email) - 4 September

Nothing then until I was impatient and paid £5 for UKVI email service on 13 September - a reply received 4 days later saying a decision is made.

Emailed again on 18 August for clarification however no response - called UKVI on 19th for what decision was updated and when to expect document return.

Received email from VFS global that passport is with courier - 20th September morning
Passport in hand - 20th Sept afternoon

from biometric to completion, its 17 working days, not sure if all the chasing has helped but it's worth calling them and getting peace of mind.

faizanhussain
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faizanhussain » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:32 pm

its been 4 months and 4 days, still hoping to get an update from the home office... I have called ukvi twice and they have told me that they are escalating my request with marking it urgent and I have to wait for 15 working days for an update.... I have no idea about when their busiest time of the year going to end ... any guidance, please.

T5advice
Newly Registered

Post by T5advice » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Got my Tier 5 GAE visa today after waiting for 65 working days (almost 3 months). Some encouragement for those who had been waiting for theirs.

T5creative
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by T5creative » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:56 pm

missyk wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:59 am
Hi guys,

I got my passport back today with a stamped visa woohoo thought it'd be useful to post an update of my application timeline.

Tier 5 YMS (non-priority)
Online application - 18 August
Biometrics - 28 August
Received in Sheffield (email) - 4 September

Nothing then until I was impatient and paid £5 for UKVI email service on 13 September - a reply received 4 days later saying a decision is made.

Emailed again on 18 August for clarification however no response - called UKVI on 19th for what decision was updated and when to expect document return.

Received email from VFS global that passport is with courier - 20th September morning
Passport in hand - 20th Sept afternoon

from biometric to completion, its 17 working days, not sure if all the chasing has helped but it's worth calling them and getting peace of mind.
Missyk just wondering - where did you apply from? I'm currently waiting nervously for a decision myself. 17 days seems like a breath of fresh air compared to some people's experiences as seen here :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:05 pm

T5creative wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:56 pm
Missyk just wondering - where did you apply from? I'm currently waiting nervously for a decision myself. 17 days seems like a breath of fresh air compared to some people's experiences as seen here :(
Hong Kong
uk-tier-5-temporary-work-visas/tier-5-y ... l#p1513197
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

T5creative
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by T5creative » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:05 pm
T5creative wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:56 pm
Hong Kong
uk-tier-5-temporary-work-visas/tier-5-y ... l#p1513197
Ah ok - applying in Indonesia with a priority service so hopefully will get around the same time frame!