ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sylhety 88
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Sylhety 88 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:20 am

Hi I applied on 29 March,I done biometric on 19 April & since then I'm waiting for decetion,it's nearly 8 months now ,but before ending 6 months I received a letter they said we need more time to decide your case because your application raises complex issue on human rights convention,anyone any advice please

Sylhety 88
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Sylhety 88 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:25 am

& also I been keep checking my status on online & its same evry time awaiting decision,before it was a date on it which was last update was 25 May ,but now 3/4 weeks there is no date on it ,

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:13 am

Sylhety 88 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:20 am
Hi I applied on 29 March,I done biometric on 19 April & since then I'm waiting for decetion,it's nearly 8 months now ,but before ending 6 months I received a letter they said we need more time to decide your case because your application raises complex issue on human rights convention,anyone any advice please
If your previous application involves human rights issues/rights, then it will take time for them to decide your application. They are taking 6 months to decide normal applications.

Sylhety 88
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Sylhety 88 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 am

It's nearly 8 months now,what do you think I should wait more or email them or send a letter,but my solicitor said not to send anything to them ,because they take that as a complain,it might affect my application

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:49 am

Sylhety 88 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 am
It's nearly 8 months now,what do you think I should wait more or email them or send a letter,but my solicitor said not to send anything to them ,because they take that as a complain,it might affect my application
Sending an email to them should never be taken as a complaint, as any complaint will have a proper complaint number for tracking purposes. I have heard people making "SAR" requests, which costs around £10, but gives them information about what is happening to the case.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:14 am

Can this topic please not turn into an 'application status check timeline' topic. There is the topic link below for such discussions.

british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... ne (click)

Is anything in the above unclear regarding 'status check updates'???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:14 am
Can this topic please not turn into an 'application status check timeline' topic. There is the topic link below for such discussions.

But we are discussing status check updates.. We are just discussing why people applications are delayed... and reasons..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:03 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:44 am
CR001 wrote:

But we are discussing status check updates.. We are just discussing why people applications are delayed... and reasons..
Did you miss the word NOT in the big red text??

Status checks updates posts must be posted in the status check topic and not in the General Discussion topic please. This topic is not for guessing what HO is doing or why but for people to raise concerns for example, a request for additional documents, call for an interview etc while their application is in process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:45 pm

Ok

Subject is " General Discussion During Naturalization Application Process". General covers a broad area

Perhaps we should change the subject to "Missing or additional requirements During Naturalization Application Process"

Or may be we need separate topic where we can discuss anything relates to naturalization process.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:31 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:45 pm
Ok

Subject is " General Discussion During Naturalization Application Process". General covers a broad area

Perhaps we should change the subject to "Missing or additional requirements During Naturalization Application Process"

Or may be we need separate topic where we can discuss anything relates to naturalization process.
You are missing the point. There is already a dedicated topic for status checks/delay discussions. The request is simple, post such posts there and not here as already this topic is becoming an almost duplicate of the status check one.

Considering that you have asked how to become a moderator 'to help people' after only 32 posts, perhaps you should simply follow mods requests and maybe familiarise yourself with the forum rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Thanks

Can you please post the link to that topic and I will start posting in that group...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:41 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:36 pm
Thanks

Can you please post the link to that topic and I will start posting in that group...
Did you not see the link I posted under the big red text and my reference to 'link below'??? The blue underlined bit??
MAS99 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:44 am
CR001 wrote:

british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... -1280.html

Char (CR001 not Casa)

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:07 pm

Information

No route found for "GET /british-citizenship/check-the-status-of-your-application-online-new-service-t232268.html%5Dcheck%20the%20status%20of%20yoru%20application%20online%20%28click%29" (from "british-citizenship/general-discussion- ... -2460.html")

That's what we get when we click on it...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:10 pm

british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... -1280.html

However, given that you have already posted in the status check topic in August, you should have known there was already a specific thread.

british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... l#p1518709
Char (CR001 not Casa)

matthew2222
Newly Registered

Post by matthew2222 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi there, my status was updated on 8th of November as Decided. I'm now waiting for letter with an aproval decision and hopefully positive outcome. Can I ask you what do i do after i recive this letter ? Do I have to contact Council in 21 days as some people say ? I read AN Guide but it doesnt say anything about 21 days rule only says ''You must make immediate contact with the local authority, as you only have 90 days
in which to attend the ceremony. The date by which you must attend your ceremony
will be given in your Home Office citizenship ceremony invitation letter. If you do not
attend the ceremony within 90 days without good reason, your application for
citizenship will be refused and you will need to re-apply.''
Do I also recvive 2 letters ? One with the decision and other from the council to book ceremony ? I'm a bit confused, please help :?

navinw

Post by navinw » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:25 pm

matthew2222 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:03 pm
Hi there, my status was updated on 8th of November as Decided. I'm now waiting for letter with an aproval decision and hopefully positive outcome. Can I ask you what do i do after i recive this letter ? Do I have to contact Council in 21 days as some people say ? I read AN Guide but it doesnt say anything about 21 days rule only says ''You must make immediate contact with the local authority, as you only have 90 days
in which to attend the ceremony. The date by which you must attend your ceremony
will be given in your Home Office citizenship ceremony invitation letter. If you do not
attend the ceremony within 90 days without good reason, your application for
citizenship will be refused and you will need to re-apply.''
Do I also recvive 2 letters ? One with the decision and other from the council to book ceremony ? I'm a bit confused, please help :?

Basically, once your application is approved - you should get a
1. first approval letter -- saying your application is successful (not everyone gets this letter)

2. Ceremony invitation letter from HO - This letter will have the local council details along with the phone no, where you suppose to call and book your BC ceremony.
Ceremony should be booked with in 21 days from the letter dated in ceremony invitation letter and ceremony should be attended in next 90 days.

clarified ?

Udani
Newly Registered

Post by Udani » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:59 am

Hi;

I am wondering if I can get an answer to my question. I applied for BC on 4th October 2017 via NCS, biometrics done on 19 October. now waiting for decision. Can I apply for British Passport before my BC application is decided?
Thank you in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:49 am

Udani wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:59 am
Hi;

I am wondering if I can get an answer to my question. I applied for BC on 4th October 2017 via NCS, biometrics done on 19 October. now waiting for decision. Can I apply for British Passport before my BC application is decided?
Thank you in advance.
You can only apply for a passport once you are a British Citizen - that is when you have attended the Citizenship Ceremony and received your certificate, which needs to be submitted with the passport application (plus all uncancelled passports you hold).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:19 am

MAS99 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:24 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:22 pm
aabbasi wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:19 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:52 pm
See I think that's really poor. They have had 5 months to assign (which I assume is the first step!). I would be at them the minute it flicked to 6 months. Don't let them drag this out for you
I agree. I mean i know all that privilege vs right stuff, but the point is you have an application and you haven't even assigned it to a case-worker. How did you manage to assign the September applications to case-workers?

I was actually looking forward to a decision in few days as most people have had to wait for 5 months from the date of receipt with home office.
You never know, this might have been a prompt for them to hurry up and allocate it. ALSO who knows what they mean by that-maybe the allocation is the last stage (after checks done by others), then the caseworker gets allocated and the application checked by them as a final review.

Its so non transparent so we may never know!
That;s correct.

They allocate case worker after all checks are done.. Case worker normally review all finding and finalise descion.

Just keep emailing them every few days just to remind them ..

Will emailing them all the time not just annoy them? I have only emailed once a couple of weeks ago asking if they needed any further documents.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:32 pm

I don't think so.. they have generic response so you have to email them twice to see out information... otherwise same reply again and again.

Udani
Newly Registered

Post by Udani » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:45 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:49 am
Udani wrote:
Hi;

Thank you in advance.
You can only apply for a passport once you are a British Citizen - that is when you have attended the Citizenship Ceremony and received your certificate, which needs to be submitted with the passport application (plus all uncancelled passports you hold).
thank you for reply. I thought may be by using NCS service there will be a way to apply for passport before BC application outcome (missed at time of BC application.)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:40 am

Udani wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:45 am
alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:49 am
Udani wrote:
Hi;

Thank you in advance.
thank you for reply. I thought may be by using NCS service there will be a way to apply for passport before BC application outcome (missed at time of BC application.)
You have only the one chance to apply for both. If you didn't do JCAP then it's the normal application later (same in my case, by choice though).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Londoner999
Newly Registered
India

Post by Londoner999 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:36 am

Sakos wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:13 am
Hi Guys
Please can you check your application status using Biometric Residence Permit number and let me know the result. As It worked for some people. Thanks
Hi Sakos. It is the same for me - decided via BRP, awaiting decision via case ID. When I called them to clarify, the agent said that only the Case ID status is valid - i.e. awaiting decision. This is what they could see in their system as well.

aabbasi
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aabbasi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:20 am

Londoner999 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:36 am

Hi Sakos. It is the same for me - decided via BRP, awaiting decision via case ID. When I called them to clarify, the agent said that only the Case ID status is valid - i.e. awaiting decision. This is what they could see in their system as well.
Hi, When did you apply BTW? Also, what number did you use to call them?

I believe the BRP status is only about your ILR which has already been decided. Its the case reference number that matters.

mlnvkj
Newly Registered

Post by mlnvkj » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:23 pm

I applied for the UK citizenship on 8 June this year via JCAP service (eligible via 5 years of Tier 2 + 1 year of ILR), however my case has still not be decided according to the online tool.

I asked Home Office via email last week about the status and they said "All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 08th June 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered.". However, I see under the timelines topic here that even the applications that took the longest to be decided (unless there were issues) have lasted max 5 months. Plus I found out from a couple of friends who applied after me under exactly the same circumstances have already got the approvals over the last couple of weeks.

Any suggestion on what can I do to check the real status of the application, i.e. if something is missing etc?

Many thanks!