ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ith

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Ith » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Get the feeling we going to get another email by 30th November saying busy period and they still working on it :(

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Ith wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:06 pm
Get the feeling we going to get another email by 30th November saying busy period and they still working on it :(
Me too friend
I get the same feeling and too broken 😓

pradis12
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by pradis12 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 am

FINAL UPDATE
got refusal letter today, i provided IELTS ACADEMIC with 5.5 (speaking 6.0 and listing 5.5) B2 its higher than A1, but they refused you do not meet the eligibility english language requirement.. i unable to even type keyboard.planning to do fresh application but i dont no how long it will take, i miss my spouse soo soo badly.. I wish all the members are will get visa soon..

wellwisher1928
Mood:

Post by wellwisher1928 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:56 am

pradis12 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 am
FINAL UPDATE
got refusal letter today, i provided IELTS ACADEMIC with 5.5 (speaking 6.0 and listing 5.5) B2 its higher than A1, but they refused you do not meet the eligibility english language requirement.. i unable to even type keyboard.planning to do fresh application but i dont no how long it will take, i miss my spouse soo soo badly.. I wish all the members are will get visa soon..
I am so sorry to hear about refusal. Why you not do Ielts ukvi one.its mentioned in the guide lines as well.
Now if you want to apply fresh application again then you have to do IELTS UKVI for settlemnet first.

pradis12
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by pradis12 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:54 am

wellwisher1928 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:56 am
pradis12 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 am
FINAL UPDATE
I am so sorry to hear about refusal. Why you not do Ielts ukvi one.its mentioned in the guide lines as well.
Now if you want to apply fresh application again then you have to do IELTS UKVI for settlemnet first.
ya am going to do next month IELTS A1 exam.

smarter1

Post by smarter1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 am

HO is very amusing. My friend got rejected. Basically, in the refusal letter they wrote that she has not provided any documents, so they do no see her partner is British, that he is employed, she can speak English (he has got a Masters degree from the UK) and that they have met in person. Application date is wrong. For some reason they wrote 'Your human rights claim is refused'. Seems like they mixed it up with somebody else's application. She will appeal.

sassceeme
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sassceeme » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:50 pm

Hello all,

I contacted HO to check my status, already knowing that I would get a generic response and I received this email back. I replied answering the questions but found it a bit silly considering they would already have all of this information if they actually checked my status as all of this information is on the first page of our application. Anyone else received a email like this and if so did you receive a decision yet?

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry service.

In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date.

Your patience will be highly appreciated.

However please provide the following information:

* Applicant's full name:
* Date of Birth:
* IHS Reference Number:
* Passport Number
* GWF Reference number:
* Place of submission (City&Country):
* Type of visa applied for:
* Have you paid for a priority service?:
* Date of biometrics:
* Nationality:
* Applicant's Email:

darthrage28
Newly Registered

Post by darthrage28 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:59 pm

VISA GRANTED!!

Application standard non priority
Applicant: Kazakhstan Citizen (her)
Sponsor: Settle in UK since 12 years (Congo DRC) (Me).
Solicitor involved: yes.

Application Category: Marriage standard
Application Submitted Online: 07/08/2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Astana, Kazakhstan
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date) 25/08/2017

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 04/09/2017.
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable):NO
Sponsor Work Contacted by UKVI (if applicable): NO
Applicant contacted by UKVI (if applicable): No
Status checked: Never called/emailed - Never checked.

Decision Made (Applicant received email) : 10/11/2017
Email says:
"UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied"

Supporting Documents (Sponsor) Received Back From Sheffield On : 13/11/2017

Contacted For Collection (Applicant received email): 14/11/2017
Email says:
"Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the TLScontact UK "
We have paid to have the passport send back to my Fiancee home in Kazaksthan but they send it to the opposite side of the country which has increased the delay to know the final decision.

On the 16/11/2017 we called the Courrier man while he was on the road (old man a few months away from retirement) and asked him to stop his truck, get my Fiancee envelope and get him to open it right there so we can end this crazy suspense. After 5 minutes of negotiation over the phone (promising we will not report him to have done this otherwise he will lose his job) he did open the envelope and on the passport page 3 he confirmed the UK Entry clearance was granted for 6 months!! No other letter in the envelope just her passport! 5 minutes later (from UK) I was booking tickets to go pick her in 2 weeks from now so and back to the UK for good! :)

Passport Collection Made : 15/11/2017
Decision Of Application :visa granted
Validity Of Visa 16-11-17 to 16-05-18 (will be extended when we get married in UK).

It took exactly:
55 working days from the day she did her biometric enrolement.
11 weeks total. No one email send to us.

We send the following documents
- 12 months of daily chat through Viber and Whatsapp (1456 pages). I know they ask 3 months. We thought we should keep them busy... ;)
- Skype logs showing nearly 24/7 Video for the past 2 years with my fiancee (Skype is literally running 24/7, both at work, home, bed, during the night, etc). I think the HO did not expect that...
- 6 visa trip over a period of 7 years to Kazakshtan.
- 254 pictures with me and her + CD with file videos in it when we got both fiancee in Kazakhstan, all the things we have done while I was there, etc.
- Pictures of my apartment, salary proof (25k/y), work place (I work for Bupa for nearly 6 years), payslips, etc...
- Bank statement for the past 2 years, including p60s, etc.. (2 years)

The point I am try to make here is the more the better. If they ask 3 months of something, give them 12 months if you can.

I have spent a long time silently on this forum before, during and after I made my fiancee application and I learned a few things and pattern about the HO on "visa refusal" or "taking too long" that can help some of you starting this:

1) For the application to be dealt quickly make sure all documents sent follow a chronological order and all papers are kept separate in different folder. Anyone should be able to read it easily. These people are getting tons of application. You do no want to give them the chance to make mistakes. A child should be able to go through your papers easily. I personally spend 4 months everyday preparing our documents. My solicitor had nearly no job to do.

2) MPs, phone calls and emails are a waste of time. I know it is not easy when you wait for months. But refrain using this because it will just stress you more for nothing and cost you more money (easy to say I know...).

3) Refusals or delays come down to two main thing I have noticed on the this forum: a)minimum income not met or not clear and b)not enough proof or relationship (according to HO). Get this 2 thing rights on your document sent and you have less chance to wait and get a refusal.

I hope this will help and give some form of and guidance and hope to some people here. I never wrote before and yet I feel knowing you and your stories. My journey ends here but I can't keep feeling for each and one of you still waiting. But keep hope, stay strong and never give up no matter what. Family and love always win!

I can now (finally) live my life with my love once (getting married soon here in UK). I hope you will be all able to do the same.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:59 pm

by sassceeme » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:50 pm
I replied answering the questions but found it a bit silly considering they would already have all of this information if they actually checked my status as all of this information is on the first page of our application.
Out of the 1000's of applications for various visas they receive, they are only doing their jobs asking for detailed information about your application to ensure they check the correct application and correspond with the correct person under the data protection act. Also, the email service is not necessarily sitting with your application form in front of them!! Nothing 'silly' about it and I am sure you would be angry if the wrong person got your information from a 'following up' email.
Anyone else received a email like this and if so did you receive a decision yet?
Yes many, nothing unique.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kumar5689
India

Post by Kumar5689 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi,
I emailed HO about status of my application in reply the y asked the all above details which is I provide them in response I received NSF email .
What else we can do .

sassceeme
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sassceeme » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:13 pm

Kumar5689 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:57 pm
Hi,
I emailed HO about status of my application in reply the y asked the all above details which is I provide them in response I received NSF email .
What else we can do .
NSF ? What does that mean, non sufficient funds?

Kumar5689
India

Post by Kumar5689 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi ,
NFS
Not straight forward

sassceeme
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sassceeme » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Kumar5689 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 pm
Hi ,
NFS
Not straight forward
Ahh ok, I received one of those a month ago and didn't email HO until now. Not even going to hope that I get anymore information from them unless I give them more money by calling them or send a fresh email for another £5.48.

Meedo7
Pakistan

Post by Meedo7 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Application category:Spouse (Non-priority)
Application submitted online : 09/02/2017
Biometric and passport submission : (Islamabad) 27/02/2017
Application forwarded to British high commission :13/03/2017

Supporting documents sent to Sheffield: 13/03/2017
Supporting documents received back : 16/03/2017

Sent lot of emails to ukvi for updates till 15 of June 2017 but they said to wait and wait

Sponser contacted by ukvi:
16/04/2017 received an email about my case not being straightforward
7/05/2017 ukvi call workplace for work inquiry

27/6/2017 Interview date for both spouse and sponsor but when spouse went to visa centre the center was close because of eid-ul-fitar holidays

Again on 29/6/2017 Interview done of both spouse and sponsor very well

Made lot of inquiries but not received any good info

12/07:2017 emailed them. Response "awaiting decision.
15/07/2017 called charged 36£ reply "awaiting decision.

emailed but same response.
emailed but same response awaiting decision
emailed and same awaiting decision

Email 5 times on different dates but reply awaiting decision
Called on 07/08/2017 ukvi said they will escalate your case today and will give you decision in 15 working days

No response again...

Called after 15 working days on 25/08/2017
Ukvi said we apologise you case will be forward to our manager now and will do something and will contact you back today
But no contact again

Called again on 30/Aug/2017
They said we escalated your case again without telling us lol and saying now wait for decision we can't give you time frame and will contact you when the decision will be made.

5/9/2017 my wife called again to ukvi today the informed her that all settlement cases had been put on hold due to a Supreme Court ruling and was lifted on 10

9 October received a email from ukvi that you will hear before 31 October

30 October received an email from ukvi that as we said that you will hear something by 31 Oct but we can’t decided your case yet so you have to patient and wait

Contacted for collection:17/November/2017
Collection made:20/November/2017

Alhamdulilah
Alhamdulilah
Alhamdulilah visa has been granted today
Advice to every one that pray to Allah and don’t lose hope Allah will help you for sure InSha Allah.

Barmo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

Post by Barmo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:46 pm

Meedo7 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Sent lot of emails to ukvi for updates till 15 of June 2017 but they said to wait and wait

27/6/2017 Interview date for both spouse and sponsor but when spouse went to visa centre the center was close because of eid-ul-fitar holidays

Called on 07/08/2017 ukvi said they will escalate your case today and will give you decision in 15 working days

No response again...

Ukvi said we apologise you case will be forward to our manager now and will do something and will contact you back today
But no contact again

They said we escalated your case again without telling us lol and saying now wait for decision we can't give you time frame and will contact you when the decision will be made.

5/9/2017 my wife called again to ukvi today the informed her that all settlement cases had been put on hold due to a Supreme Court ruling and was lifted on 10

30 October received an email from ukvi that as we said that you will hear something by 31 Oct but we can’t decided your case yet so you have to patient and wait

Alhamdulilah
Alhamdulilah
Advice to every one that pray to Allah and don’t lose hope Allah will help you for sure InSha Allah.
many congrats to you and your spouse
Make dua for all ppl still waiting don't fogot I'm happy for you brother for long time waiting
I apply April standard I hope hear good news soon inshallah

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:29 am

Hi
Any good news in this week. 96 Business Days still waiting.. Does anyone check the status of the application recently who is in nearly 100 business days. Didn't hear anything from HO explaining why is getting delay. They should at least write to us when they not able give the decision within their normal time frame. However still waiting to hear good news from HO. Hope for the best. Good luck for everyone.

wellwisher1928
Mood:

Post by wellwisher1928 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:05 am

Meedo7 wrote:

No response again...

But no contact again

Alhamdulilah
Alhamdulilah
Congratulation..... Allahamdulliah.... Happy for you .....

SP105
Newly Registered

Post by SP105 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:45 am

Biometrics: 20/02/17
Not straightforward email: 16/05/17
MP contact twice but not very helpful
Decision made: 16/11/17
Collection email: 20/11/17
Visa Granted!
Want to thank everyone on this forum. Kept me going through the uncertain and dark times. Congrats to those who got their visas. To those still waiting- not a pleasant situation to be in but just keep the faith and never lose hope. It will come soon and when it does you will forget how long you been waiting. Good luck to everyone in whatever direction your life takes you.

morjeker

Post by morjeker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Settlement application: India (spouse visa)
Application and documents submitted & biometrics enrolled at :08/09/2017
Application forwarded to British High Commission on :08/09/2017
Application under process at British High Commission on :13/09/2017

Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable)

Contacted with 'decision made' :
Contacted for Collection :
Collection made :
Decision of Application :
I recieved three missed calls from the home office on 19/11/2017. Follwoing which I contacted the customer care and was informed that they did not have any information regarding the call. The website only stated that my application was awaiting decision.
I have not heard from the home office since then either through call or email.

Please can anyone advice.

Thanks,

Meedo7
Pakistan

Post by Meedo7 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Barmo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:46 pm
Meedo7 wrote:

15/07/2017 called charged 36£ reply "awaiting

Alhamdulilah
Alhamdulilah
many congrats to you and your spouse
Make dua for all ppl still waiting don't fogot I'm happy for you brother for long time waiting
I apply April standard I hope hear good news soon inshallah
Brother don’t worry InSha Allah you will hear good news soon and then you will forget all that stress and wait and then you will be so Happy all of you who is waiting for visa will be in my prayers

zainoo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zainoo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:47 pm

morjeker wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Collection made :
I recieved three missed calls from the home office on 19/11/2017. Follwoing which I contacted the customer care and was informed that they did not have any information regarding the call. The website only stated that my application was awaiting decision.

Thanks,
Hi how do you know the home office called you? dont they call with withheld number?

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:07 am

ak80 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:58 am
Mid November
And still no decision. 🤷‍♀️

Hi
Have you heard anything from HO? Did you check the status of the application recently? I though we will hear good news this week. Hope for the best. Good luck.

press1977
Sri Lanka

Post by press1977 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:08 am

Ith wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:14 am
ak80 wrote:
Mid November
Yes me too still waiting since may 31 from Sri Lanka. Looks like it's going to be another 6 months wait for me.. i simple trying stopped thinking about this visa thing waiting for my hoilday next year because I taken all my hoilday this year have not seen my spouse since may :(

Because I see people who applied after September getting their visa so quick. Within day :(
Hi
Have you heard anything from HO? Did you check the status of the application recently? I though we will hear good news this week. Hope for the best. Good luck.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:37 am

press1977 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:07 am
ak80 wrote:
Mid November

Hi
Hi friend.
No I didn't get any sound. We called them in 9th nov for status check. It's still awaiting decision.
They have told me my application is in the final processing stages on 31 oct.
So I don't know what they meant by final and why it's taking so long if it's in Final stages.

I didn't see any srilanka no getting a decision in this forum so far.

😕

morjeker

Post by morjeker » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:12 am

zainoo wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:47 pm
morjeker wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Collection made :

Thanks,
Hi how do you know the home office called you? dont they call with withheld number?
Hi,
I rang up the missed call number and it was the home office.