ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

section 1.17 address query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tuscan72
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Permanent residence PR 12 months before naturalization?

Post by tuscan72 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:27 am

I have been living in UK since 2002 when I started to work employed by and engineering company (I had the job offer whilst I was working in my country). Since I became worried about the effect of the UK leaving the EU, I decides to naturalise as a British citizen and I am in the process to obtain the resident permit and I am studying to pass the life in UK test. My understanding is that a person acquires permanent residence following 5 years’ residence in accordance with the EEA Regulations, not on the date they obtain a residence card, so as soon as I have the permanent residence certificate, am I eligible to apply for naturalization. This is because I am permanent residence since 2007 (2002+5 years), which is more than the required 12 months. Is that correct or I need to wait another year?
Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Permanent residence PR 12 months before naturalization?

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:03 am

It depends on whether you exercised treaty rights through a relevant 5 year period. You should get a letter with your PR card stating the date you attained PR automatically, which is different to the date on the PR card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tuscan72
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by tuscan72 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I found a link to a similar case with the response from the home office, I post the link below as others might be interested: (see the attached letter from Home Office at the bottom of the page)
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... dotheyknow

tuscan72
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

date and place of first arrival in the UK

Post by tuscan72 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:22 pm

Hello,
I am filling the application for the British citizenship, I arrived from Italy back in July 2002 and I started to work on Monday 29 of July 2002 (still got the letter from my employer) but I do not remember when I arrived if 27 or 28 of July and if I landed in Gatwick or Heathrow. I am not able to find the plane ticket nor the reservation/confirmation, and being part of the EEA no stamp was required on the passport, what shall I do?
Thanks
Tom

tallahassee

Re: date and place of first arrival in the UK

Post by tallahassee » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:53 pm

I guess the best way is to choose one of the two and then to explain that you aren't sure on the extra notes space at the back.

For the date - looks like you started work on Monday - I realise it's 15 years back, but do you remember where you first stayed and if you went to work directly the next day after arriving or had a day in between? Maybe thinking about what you did when you arrived may jog your memory :)

tuscan72
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by tuscan72 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi, yes I got a letter as you said that I am resident since 2007 although the PR is dated Nov 2017 so I suppose I can apply straight away

tuscan72
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Referees and Identity the same for 2 applications?

Post by tuscan72 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:03 pm

My wife and I are planning to submit our 2 applications on the same day using the Nationality and Passport Checking Service and since we have common documents we were told to submit the 2 applications in the same envelope (same as we did for the PR). My question is: do we need to use the same referee or we need to chose 2 for myself and 2 for my wife which are not related? :?:

baddy

Re: Referees and Identity the same for 2 applications?

Post by baddy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:58 pm

tuscan72 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:03 pm
My wife and I are planning to submit our 2 applications on the same day using the Nationality and Passport Checking Service and since we have common documents we were told to submit the 2 applications in the same envelope (same as we did for the PR). My question is: do we need to use the same referee or we need to chose 2 for myself and 2 for my wife which are not related? :?:
The same referees can be used both of you. But the two referees must not be related to you or to each other.

tuscan72
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Re: Referees and Identity the same for 2 applications?

Post by tuscan72 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:28 pm

Thanks. A family friend is a math teacher but she is retired and over 80, can we use her as referee or the person must be currently working and less than 75?

tuscan72
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

section 1.17 address query

Post by tuscan72 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:35 pm

I am filling the application for the citizenship, if I live at the same address from 2010 (8 years) in the section 1.17 what shall I write in the "To:" field, TO DATE, the date of submission or what date? :?:
thanks
Tom

ribena

Re: section 1.17 address query

Post by ribena » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Write 'Present' in the 'TO' field.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:46 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tuscan72
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Re: date and place of first arrival in the UK

Post by tuscan72 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:23 pm

tallahassee wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:53 pm
I guess the best way is to choose one of the two and then to explain that you aren't sure on the extra notes space at the back.

For the date - looks like you started work on Monday - I realise it's 15 years back, but do you remember where you first stayed and if you went to work directly the next day after arriving or had a day in between? Maybe thinking about what you did when you arrived may jog your memory :)
I think it was Saturday the 27 July 2002 but not 100% sure, unfortunately I lost all my yahoo email before 2006 so I am not able to get any confirmation, I called BA and they cannot help either. I am not sure if I landed in Gatwick or Heathrow either :?:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 am

I am not sure if I landed in Gatwick or Heathrow either
State 'London'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)