ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestors Visa questions..please help :)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aussiemark74
Newly Registered
Australia

Ancestors Visa questions..please help :)

Post by aussiemark74 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:49 am

I’m Australian and will be applying for the ancestory visa along with my wife as a dependant and our 3 year old twin girls. I have an English born grandmother, I have her birth certificate which is great but my problem is this. My father is apparently still alive however I have not seen him or his family since I was a very young child. He was quite violent so am not looking to have contact with him nor find him to ask for the birth certificate. The births, death and marriage office is Western Australia have offered to write a letter to confirm he was in fact born to my grandmother and confirm the line of family heratige. Is this enough to apply for the visa and be accepted or will they require the birth certificate? I cannot contact him as I want no contact at all. I know I can’t be the only person that has no contact with the parent they need the info from, what happens in these instances? Thanks for any help

vinny

Re: Ancestors Visa questions..please help :)

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:03 am

Probably a non-starter without your father's birth certificate, unless you can claim via your mother. See also JAJ's advice for a similar query.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aussiemark74
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by aussiemark74 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:29 pm

Thanks for your reply, I decided to call the the very expensive Immigration number to ask. I have to supply the letter I mentioned from births,deaths and marriages in Perth to confirm that my father was born to my grandmother etc. I also have to write a letter along with that to explain why I cannot obtain the birth certificate from my father. That will suffice along with my grandmothers birth certificate and marriage certificates. A relief to know there are options

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:24 pm

aussiemark74 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:29 pm
Thanks for your reply, I decided to call the the very expensive Immigration number to ask. I have to supply the letter I mentioned from births,deaths and marriages in Perth to confirm that my father was born to my grandmother etc. I also have to write a letter along with that to explain why I cannot obtain the birth certificate from my father. That will suffice along with my grandmothers birth certificate and marriage certificates. A relief to know there are options
Approach any advice the line gives you with caution. In immigration forum circles (which I count myself a member of for the last 6 years), they are well-known for providing erroneous and misleading advice...

aussiemark74
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by aussiemark74 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:45 pm

I called the proper UK government immigration number given on their website. 👍🏻

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:05 am

aussiemark74 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:45 pm
I called the proper UK government immigration number given on their website. 👍🏻
They are exactly the ones who so very frequently give out incorrect information and take no responsibility for it. We understand it is an outsourced service.

It seems odd that in a country such as Australia, you are not able to order a duplicate birth certificate or an extract of the birth register. Possible in all other countries, including third world South Africa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aussiemark74
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by aussiemark74 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi just saw this, I contacted Western Australia’s Birth’s death and Marriage and was told there was no death certificate for him so I couldn’t get a copy of his birth certificate because he was alive but maybe she gave wrong information? I’ll have to ring them back and ask again, I did contact a visa company in Melbourne the same day I rang the Immigration line and they too said the letter from Birth Deaths and Marriage would be accepted. Now maybe they do give a portion of his birth certificate for the letter I’m not sure on that but will ring back and ask for sure. Thank you for explaining that

aussiemark74
Newly Registered
Australia

Ancestry visa financial questions

Post by aussiemark74 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:51 am

Hi, so as my title states I have a few questions about the financial side of the ancestry visa. I am applying for the Ancestry visa as my grandmother (father’s side) is UK born and I am Australian :) my wife and twin 3 year old daughters will be joining me as dependants. We have all the birth certificates, marriage certificates, passports, etc. that has all been settled so good to go in that regard. It’s the financial side that has me confused here are my questions and I do appreciate anyone replying as I have been googling this and never seem to find a direct answer:

1. I understand all the fees etc no issues there, however I do need to move my savings from an account that is not easily withdrawn from as its savings only and into a easily accessible with bank card account. How long does our savings need to be into that account for? It says nothing on the website but I have read 90 days all the way up to 6 months of bank statements? Also says I need bank statements but for what account and no mention of how many months? I have a joint account with my wife that my pay is deposited into and that has our everyday expendatures so do I provide that as well or only the account with savings?

2. I have also read I could just supply a proof of balance from the bank to show savings and the 90 days does not apply to the money, the bank statements are just to prove proof of income that I do in fact work? So does my savings need to be in the account I’ll be using when we move to the UK for 90 days from application?

3. We have no family in the UK so I will need to sort accomodation for us, I’m struggling with what is a good length of time to book? I know that no one can give me an exact number but is a month reasonable or longer? We would like to rent a house as soon as possible after arriving.

Any help would be appreciated to clear this confusion up, if I need to put the money into a different account for the 90 days I need to do that ASAP as we wanted to apply in August or September.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:09 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:52 am

See also Guidance for some information.