ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can anyone help me with financial requirement part

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

prgrg
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

regarding the employer letter and what needs to be included in it

Post by prgrg » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:17 pm

hi there,
i am planning to sponsor my wife in a month. I just have a few queries regarding the letter from employer.

it says.
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application;
:idea:

I am relying upon my current hourly wages of 10.18 with 39 hr fixed contract. however, i ve only been paid this wage for 4 months now..previously it was 9.20 with the same contracted hours. is this gonna affect the application in any way?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: regarding the employer letter and what needs to be included in it

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:19 pm

What visa are you planning to apply for?

What is your current immigration status in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prgrg
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Re: regarding the employer letter and what needs to be included in it

Post by prgrg » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:29 pm

i have ILR and planning to sponsor my wife on spouse visa

prgrg
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

can anyone help me with financial requirement part

Post by prgrg » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:36 am

hello guys..

i am about to sponsor my wife, who lives abroad, in a month..I have ILR and also meet the financial requirements. however, i am confused on one part of the financial requirement, the letter from the employer.

the rule states that the employer letter should include among others:
the period over which they have been paid or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application.

my situation:
i) i just got promoted 4 months ago and currently earn 10.18/hr and contracted fixed 39 hrs a week. that makes my gross earnings 397.02/week, 1588.08/month, 9528.48 semi annual & 19056.96 anually.
ii) i used to earn 9.20 before i was promoted. i.e. 358.8/week, 1435.2/month, 8611.2 semi anually &17,222.4 anually.

however, i ve worked loads of overtime over the last 6 months every month. and the lowest earning in my payslip over the last 6 months is 1571.58

finally, how does the home office calculate my earnings. do they only calculate my contracted hours?
secondly, what do i ask my employer to write regarding the rule above? if they write that its only been 4 months that i ve been receiving the salary relied upon in the application, is it gonna affect the application?

any help would be appreciated. thanks xx

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: can anyone help me with financial requirement part

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:12 am

Employer letter usually contain the basic information such as title of job, date of job commencement, pay rate hourly/weekly/annually etc. However, what method of meeting financial threshold its the applicant need to decide depending on the wages. If you think that your monthly wages vary each month then you can apply under category A non salaried where the average of last 6 months wages will be taken to calculate yearly wages. Therefore, if you have earned at least £9300 during the last 6 months while remaining with same employer then you will be fine.
Another way that if you thinking that you are earning fixed wages before overtime through contractual hours then you are on salaried person route where lowest wages figure will be taken plus the overtime will be calculated by non-salaried person method as mentioned above. But I think first method is easy which is to simply become non-salaried person and if 9300 has been earned in last 6 months then requirement can be met.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

prgrg
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by prgrg » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:44 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:12 am
Employer letter usually contain the basic information such as title of job, date of job commencement, pay rate hourly/weekly/annually etc. However, what method of meeting financial threshold its the applicant need to decide depending on the wages. If you think that your monthly wages vary each month then you can apply under category A non salaried where the average of last 6 months wages will be taken to calculate yearly wages. Therefore, if you have earned at least £9300 during the last 6 months while remaining with same employer then you will be fine.
Another way that if you thinking that you are earning fixed wages before overtime through contractual hours then you are on salaried person route where lowest wages figure will be taken plus the overtime will be calculated by non-salaried person method as mentioned above. But I think first method is easy which is to simply become non-salaried person and if 9300 has been earned in last 6 months then requirement can be met.
thnx fo the reply..really helped a lot...
however, i still have some doubts..

i) should my employer include in the letter that i got the pay rise 4 mnths ago? and if they include this, is there gonna be any troubles with the application?

ii) in the VAF4A form, part 3- Financial requirements - 3.11, it asks whats your sponsor's annual income from this emplyment before tax? there is gonna be a gross salary stated in my employer letter calculated according to my contracted hours which is gonna be less than what i earned( worked a lot of overtime). so which one should i fill up in the form? do i just take the average of the 6 payslips and multiply by 12 or i need to fill up the one stated by my employer?

thans xx

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:51 pm

1. No problem will be if your employer mention about pay rise.

2. If your employer letter mention the contractual hours then should also mention the overtime as well. In that case your contractual hours will yield fixed income means you will be a salaried person but since your overtime vary each month for which you should use the non-salaried method and then added back to your contractual income to get the annual gross wages.
But if your employer letter don't mention contractual hours + overtime information rather mention gross salary in employer letter then simply all wages can be calculated under non-salaried method because overall wages figure varies.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.