ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short Term Visa (C) for Residency 3 Year Requirement

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bettyob
Newly Registered
Ireland

Naturalisation through Irish marriage

Post by Bettyob » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi All,
I’m a bit confused about Naturalisation through marriage to an Irish citizen. I’ve been in Ireland on a stamp 4 for 2 years now. I want to apply for Naturalisation I’ve been married for 4 years now and we have a son together who is an Irish citizen also. Has anyone applied before the 3 years residence and gotten approved for Naturalisation based on marriage to an Irish citizen and being a mother of a Irish citizen(Irish association) thank you for your advice

Ryy22
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation through Irish marriage

Post by Ryy22 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:08 pm

all I know is most people that tried to apply ahead or were just short of a few days have had their application returned and fee (175 euro) kept. Not worth it in my opinion. You could ask a lawyer

It doesn’t matter how long you been married. But you have to be resident in the state for 3 years and no missing dates or lapses on your stamp.

Bettyob
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Bettyob » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Thanks Ry22 was thinking of applying early as I had read that it could take a year for a decision. Guess I’ll have to sit on the application and wait for next year to role around.

Ryy22
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ryy22 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:44 pm

If it makes you feel better, applications through spouse of Irish is handled pretty quick as well if your children are Irish as well. But every application is different but most I heard spouse of Irish are dealt with faster. Provided all your documents are in order

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:56 am

Ryy22 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:08 pm

It doesn’t matter how long you been married.
Doesn't seem to be true. Snapshot from the relevant section (page 3) of Form 8 -

Bettyob
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Bettyob » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:34 pm

This area would be ok with me as we are married for 4 years :D :D

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Bettyob wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:34 pm
This area would be ok with me as we are married for 4 years :D :D
Yeah, that's evident from your first post. I just wanted to correct inaccurate information for the sake of others who might be in a similar position and reading this thread. :D

Bettyob
Newly Registered
Ireland

Short Term Visa (C) for Residency 3 Year Requirement

Post by Bettyob » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Good Afternoon All,

As the title suggest, can you use your short term visit visa or stamp c as part of the 3 year residency requirement? I used the INIS Residency checker and added this is as the oldest stamp and put it down as stamp C and it is showing that they'll accept that.

I know that it would only reduce the waiting time by 3 months before I can apply. But I'm super impatient and 3 months is a long time :lol: :lol:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Short Term Visa (C) for Residency 3 Year Requirement

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bobu2kadu

Re: Short Term Visa (C) for Residency 3 Year Requirement

Post by bobu2kadu » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Hey Bettychod, Yes, you better apply soon, looking at the most recent timelines; you would need all the extra time to not only get the application approved but also to apply for your new Irish passport with more than 70 thousand passport requests still pending with the department :D :D :D
Bettyob wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:20 pm
Good Afternoon All,

As the title suggest, can you use your short term visit visa or stamp c as part of the 3 year residency requirement? I used the INIS Residency checker and added this is as the oldest stamp and put it down as stamp C and it is showing that they'll accept that.

I know that it would only reduce the waiting time by 3 months before I can apply. But I'm super impatient and 3 months is a long time :lol: :lol: