ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent Child born in UK (on visa)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vfinancials

Tier 2 dependent Child born in UK (on visa)

Post by vfinancials » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi, I got same question as @silk_marchent

I got my ILR to apply after few months.
I have two kids both born in UK.

Child 1: One is about 3 and half years old and have my dependent visa approved while extension for first time and travelled once outside UK.

Child 2: The younger kid still has no visa since born. About him I am sure, I do not need to apply ILR with my application as he never have travelled outside UK or applied for visa before and can straight go to Registration after my approval.

My question is: Do I need to apply for Child 1 ILR with my ILR application? As My understanding, UK born children can straight apply for registration and British passport when I get my ILR approved.

Condition 1: if I do not apply ILR of Child 1 with my application and his visa expires as my visa expires. Would he be overstayer and can impact his registration after my approval?

Condition 2: I apply his ILR along with my application and it would be like wasting £2200+ as he can straight apply for British passport once my ILR approves.

This really confusing and frustrated part if anyone can help us properly on this. Thanks

shinhwa
China

Re: Tier 2 dependent Child born in UK (on visa)

Post by shinhwa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:06 am

who's the main applicant for your tier2 dependant visa? As you said you are dependant?

shinhwa
China

Post by shinhwa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:16 am

vfinancials wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Child 1: One is about 3 and half years old and have my dependent visa approved while extension for first time and travelled once outside UK.

Child 2: The younger kid still has no visa since born. About him I am sure, I do not need to apply ILR with my application as he never have travelled outside UK or applied for visa before and can straight go to Registration after my approval.

My question is: Do I need to apply for Child 1 ILR with my ILR application? As My understanding, UK born children can straight apply for registration and British passport when I get my ILR approved.

Condition 1: if I do not apply ILR of Child 1 with my application and his visa expires as my visa expires. Would he be overstayer and can impact his registration after my approval?

Condition 2: I apply his ILR along with my application and it would be like wasting £2200+ as he can straight apply for British passport once my ILR approves.

This really confusing and frustrated part if anyone can help us properly on this. Thanks

As your Chind 1 has got dependant visa, so unfortunately he must follow the PBS visa's 5 years route. You can not put him as your dependant on your ILR application form. But you can put your Child 2 if you dont want him to join British nationality. Or, you can apply British Nationality for your child 2 once you have received your ILR BRP card, and then apply the passport for him.

shinhwa
China

Post by shinhwa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:25 am

shinhwa wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:16 am
vfinancials wrote:

As your Chind 1 has got dependant visa, so unfortunately he must follow the PBS visa's 5 years route. You can not put him as your dependant on your ILR application form. But you can put your Child 2 if you dont want him to join British nationality. Or, you can apply British Nationality for your child 2 once you have received your ILR BRP card, and then apply the passport for him.
vfinancials wrote:

Your Chind 1 will not be an overstayer as long as his Dependant visa does not got expired, you can just extend it within 28 days before the visa expires.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:26 am

shinhwa wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:16 am
vfinancials wrote:

@ shimhwa - Kindly DO NOT give incorrect information and advice. Child one DOES NOT have to apply for ILR if the parents opt to register the child as British, regardless of whether the child has a dependent visa or not. A UK born child is entitled to register as British once EITHER parent is granted ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:27 am

shinhwa wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:25 am
Your Chind 1 will not be an overstayer as long as his Dependant visa does not got expired, you can just extend it within 28 days before the visa expires.
You are not helping here and only creating confusion as you do not seem to understand the rules at all for UK born children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:29 am

vfinancials wrote:

Please ignore the previous users advice.

Both children DO NOT require ILR if you are planning to register them as British on form MN1 once you get ILR. They are entitled to register as British even if they do not have a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vfinancials

Post by vfinancials » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:32 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:29 am
vfinancials wrote:

Please ignore the previous users advice.

Both children DO NOT require ILR if you are planning to register them as British on form MN1 once you get ILR. They are entitled to register as British even if they do not have a visa.
Thanks for the help and correcting previous Member. I just have a little more confusion here. Even If Child 1 previously granted visa and that visa expires till the time I get my ILR. So this thing will also not matter as long as child is British Born.
we can apply for straight for British Registration?

Please correct me if I am stating something Wrong. Much Appreciated.

P.S. I am applying my ILR through Tier 1 Ent 50K route completing 5 Years. This thread was started by some member who had Tier 2 visa.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:54 am

UK born child is entitled to register immediately after a parent has ILR. However, child aged 10 or over is subject to Good character requirements. If child is under 10 years old, then overstaying doesn't matter.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.