ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence and Police Registration

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Davod 10
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Long Residence and Police Registration

Post by Davod 10 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi,

I have a question about applying to settle in the UK under the Long Residence immigration law.

So I have been living in the UK since June 2009 under tier 4 visa. I have overstayed once, for only 14 days. I then submitted my application and my visa was granted. Now, in about a year, which my current visa does cover it, I will be in the UK for 10 years. During these time, I have not left the country for more than 6 months continuously or was absent for more than 18 months as a whole. However, during these years I have not kept my police registration updated. I did not inform the police of the changes since 6 years ago but still has granted four visas, though my police registration was incomplete.

I also, thoroughly, have read the following documents, which they don't specifically mention police registration:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v15_0.pdf

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/what-ar ... residence/

https://www.gov.uk/long-residence

I would like to know if not having my police registration updated is considered a breach in my residence? keeping in mind that I was granted Leave to Remain on 4 occasions. It seems that my PR incompleteness was disregarded and my visa was granted in all 4 instances.

I have to also mention that during these years I have not worked over 20 hours limit or had access to public funds.

Thank you in advance.

Davod 10
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Re: Long Residence and Police Registration

Post by Davod 10 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:21 am

Hi,

I have a question about applying to settle in the UK under the Long Residence immigration law.

So I have been living in the UK since June 2009 under tier 4 visa. I have overstayed once, for only 14 days. I then submitted my application and my visa was granted. Now, in about a year, which my current visa does cover it, I will be in the UK for 10 years. During these time, I have not left the country for more than 6 months continuously or was absent for more than 18 months in total. However, during these years I have not kept my police registration updated. I did not inform the police of the changes since 6 years ago but still has granted four visas, though the police registration I submitted with every application was incomplete.

I also, thoroughly, have read the following documents, which they don't specifically mention police registration:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v15_0.pdf

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/what-ar ... residence/

https://www.gov.uk/long-residence

I would like to know if not having my police registration updated is considered a breach in my residence? by by this, I mean, would the situation be regarded as either a discretionary or mandatory refusal? keeping in mind that I was granted Leave to Remain on 4 occasions. It seems that my PR incompleteness was disregarded and my visa was granted in all 4 instances.

I have to also mention that during these years I have not worked over 20 hours limit or had access to public funds.

Thank you in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:54 am

Why don't you inform the police of the changes now?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Davod 10
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by Davod 10 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:50 am

I think I have to. The first time it happened I was very scared to confront it, worried about being fined up to 5000 or being deported. So every time I submitted my application I was just hoping that my oversight is forgiven, which it has.

I like to know, given this situation, is my residence is still considered lawful? or this could be a reason that my (ILR) application gets refuse?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:13 am

you can just correct this. I also missed once and can be corrected. The police doesn't care. They also mentioned to me that why they need to do this shit job, which is totally meaningless, but just the sign of discrimination based on nationality.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:18 am

As a general rule of thumb, Commonwealth citizens are not required to register with the police, unless your entry clearance/visa specifically states that you should so register. Given that your flag indicates that you are an Indian citizen, you would likely be fine.

Also see a list of countries whose citizens are required to register with the police. India is not on that list.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Davod 10
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by Davod 10 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:29 am

This is getting out of topic, I'm actually not Indian, I was meant to select Iran as my flag. I did have to register and keep the document updated according to the visa stamps. It was first an oversight and then my inability to confront the situation as it mentioned above.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:34 am

This is getting out of topic,
Members are only trying to offer advice based on what you posted and your profile. No one is causing it get 'out of topic'!!

Flag has been changed, which you could have requested a moderator to do in the sub forum link below.

comments-about-discussion-board/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.