ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 hmrc check

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Classact
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 salary increase

Post by Classact » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi,

First of all, thanks a lot for the extensive guidance and support this forum is offering

I am on tier 2 visa for 4.5 yrs now,

Employer 1- 1.5yrs
Employer 2 - 3yrs

I am going for extension, currently 26500 is my salary, which would be sufficient for extension as old rules applies for me,

But 5 months later, im eligible for PR as i would have completed 5 yrs, so after this extension, how should be my salary increase to attain the required 36k by next year? Quick increase create suspiscion ive read, so what would be the ideal timescale? What would be the best way to do it? My employers are helpful (i think) to get me ILR

Thanks a lot

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 salary increase

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:37 pm

You may need to get promoted, and at the same time the role of your promotion is still within the SOC, so you don't need to have new VISA. At the same time, the salary you received should fit your the job title in the market. Eg. Account manager can fit 36000, but not accountant clerk. if your salary under the job title is too high over the market, the same problem can occur.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:41 pm

currently 26500 is my salary, which would be sufficient for extension as old rules applies for me
Which old rule applies on you? As far as I know is that for any tier 2 extension the pay requirement is £30,000 or the appropriate rate for the job, whichever is the higher.

Please, go through the policy guidance before extension application.

Thanks,
Hassan

Classact
Newly Registered
India

Post by Classact » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi hassanh, my cos was assigned before nov 2016, 30k threahold dont apply for those, solictor and guidance notes says 30k applies for only cos assigned after nov 2016 (any employer)

Hi, cyclina1, thank you, im a physiotherapist and ideally london physios make around 35k, so soon after i extend should i jump to 35k or progress gradually in the remaining available 1.5yrs so that HO dont get suspicious?

Thank you guys for swift responses, much appreciated👍

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:11 pm

my cos was assigned before nov 2016, 30k threahold dont apply for those, solictor and guidance notes says 30k applies for only cos assigned after nov 2016 (any employer)
Thank you for correcting me Classact.

Regards,
Hassan

Classact
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 hmrc check

Post by Classact » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi,

My first sponsor in 2013 although A rated was dodgy, he never paid me full salary, no bank transfers or payslips/P60, P45 for 1 year, now he has closed down the company.
After an year with him, i joined a proper sponsor doing a full time job, excellent documentation, apt salary etc from 2014-2018, im planning to apply ILR after completing total 6yrs work permit rather than 5, so that i can hit 37k legal requirement, so when i apply ILR in 2020, would the lack of hmrc records from first employer be checked? Can i personally pay the tax for that year now and sort it out, or would case workers not be too inquisitive regarding that? Whats the best way forward? Thanks in advance guys

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 hmrc check

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Topics Merged (click)

Was your first sponsor an umbrella company or were you required to find your own contracts etc??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Classact
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 hmrc check

Post by Classact » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:36 pm

Hi, no first employer was a small scale company. A wellness centre doing yoga, herbal treatments etc. They offered me cos and job, they traded for 4years i think and closed, never paid any staff properly and ended up closing

Thank you