ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone applying for UK spouse visa from uae (dubai/abu dhabi)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uaemanc
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Anyone applying for UK spouse visa from uae (dubai/abu dhabi)

Post by uaemanc » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi,
Hope there is someone on this forum that will be applying from UAE. Do you know what the current processing times are and when do we pay for the NHS surcharge is it after we submit online application or at the VFS centre? Can we pay for priority when submitting at the centre or is it online?
Thank you :wink:

Casa

Re: Anyone applying for UK spouse visa from uae (dubai/abu dhabi)

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:56 pm

uaemanc wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:15 pm
Hi,
Hope there is someone on this forum that will be applying from UAE. Do you know what the current processing times are and when do we pay for the NHS surcharge is it after we submit online application or at the VFS centre? Can we pay for priority when submitting at the centre or is it online?
NHS surcharge and Priorty payment is made online before attending the VFS.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/uae/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:13 pm

uaemanc wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:15 pm
Hi,
Immigration Health Surcharge will be paid online as part of submitting the online visa application form.
(i.e. IHS and Application Fee will be paid online)

UAE has a quick turnaround time from my experience, i.e. a few weeks

As I understand, priority service is something which has to be purchased online - using VFS website.

uaemanc
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by uaemanc » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:33 pm

Thank you so much for your reply! Did you apply for the spouse visa too? do we need to submit a police clearance also?

sams99
Newly Registered

Post by sams99 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

Where do we submit Sponsors documents when applying from UAE, do we need to send documents to UAE to applicant or we send them to Sheffield office here in UK?

Any advice.

Thanks

LAD_10
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by LAD_10 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:38 am

Hello,

I am applying for the Uk spouse visa in dubai. u I hv started my application on the Visa4uk and nw trying to book an appointment on the vfsglobal but it says my reference shd isnt correct. Can u plz advise? Where did u start ur application? Wats the next step plz? Many thanks

weddingBug
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by weddingBug » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:42 pm

Did you get your visa ?

Same situation here, applied 18th July.

angelgwen
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by angelgwen » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Hi, I applied last June 7 and still waiting for the result. Tbh, I am nervous and not so confident with my application. My husband and I both live in Dubai and will be moving to UK. My case is different from the situations of others who live in different countries. Has anyone got their result yet?

nish_du
Newly Registered

Post by nish_du » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi
I am applying UK spouse visa in September from Dubai- although my previous application was refused in December last year stating insufficient evidence to prove that we intend to live together permanently in the UK.
my husband is a UK citizen but he currently works in Dubai, we both wants to move back to the UK. now that we did our home work and reapplying with all necessary paper works
hopefully they will grant a visa this time

have you got your visa yet?

Are you applying on priority service?

Mohsinpopi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Mohsinpopi » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:16 am

weddingBug wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:42 pm
Did you get your visa ?

Same situation here, applied 18th July.
i also Applied 31st July still waiting :)

SassyCus02
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by SassyCus02 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Hi,
I submitted the application to VFS 27th of September, biometrics done at the same day.
A week had past and it feels like a year already.
Waiting for a positive result :D

SassyCus02
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by SassyCus02 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi,
I submitted the application to VFS 27th of September, biometrics done at the same day.

oxy12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by oxy12 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Hi. For all of you who applied for UK spouse visa from UAE, did you also include 6 months UK payslips of your spouse?

Thanks

oxy12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by oxy12 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:27 pm

nish_du wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:37 pm
Hi
I am applying UK spouse visa in September from Dubai- although my previous application was refused in December last year stating insufficient evidence to prove that we intend to live together permanently in the UK.
my husband is a UK citizen but he currently works in Dubai, we both wants to move back to the UK. now that we did our home work and reapplying with all necessary paper works
hopefully they will grant a visa this time

have you got your visa yet?

Are you applying on priority service?
Did you get your visa nish_du?

SassyCus02
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by SassyCus02 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:56 pm

oxy12 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:26 pm
Hi. For all of you who applied for UK spouse visa from UAE, did you also include 6 months UK payslips of your spouse?

Thanks
Hi, yeah we actually submitted 12months of original payslips

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:39 am

6 months payslips for category A and 12 months for category B are needed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

xtina28
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by xtina28 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:48 pm

SassyCus02 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:34 pm
Hi,
Hi angelgwen,

any news on your visa? did you apply for visit visa or indefinite leave to remain? is there a way I can speak to you privately?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:03 pm

xtina28 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:48 pm
SassyCus02 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:34 pm
Hi,
Hi angelgwen,

any news on your visa? did you apply for visit visa or indefinite leave to remain? is there a way I can speak to you privately?
This topic is very clearly for a spouse visa application from abroad and NOT for a visitot visa or ILR.

As a new member, suggest tead the forum rules. You are not permitted to post personal contact information. Post in public if you want help from members on the forum with your visa application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

permitteduser
Newly Registered

Post by permitteduser » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:30 pm

Hi all,

I am in the same boat as many of you - applying for spouse visa for my wife who is in UAE (I am a British citizen who is in UK). I am considering submitting the application in UAE rather than sending the application via post to Sheffield.

I do have one question, when applying from Dubai, do they photocopy the originals and give you the originals back? I see there is an option for 'Keep your passport' as additional services at https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/uae/.

I was planning on going to UAE while my wife submits the documents at VFS, but I just want to confirm that my (sponsors) passport won't be kept by VFS after submission (if this is the case I can't obviously go, I will have to send all the documents to my wife while she submits it herself)

If they don't keep sponsors passport I was thinking of going to help my wife out during the submission process.

Thanks for the help! (P.S I paid and contacted UKVI to ask these questions, but they gave me generic answers and did not answer a single of my questions directly, which was disappointing. They said: "Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you" )

Mobz
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Mobz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:27 am

Applied for priority settlement visa from Abu Dhabi on 21/01/19 (biometrics was done on the same day)and received the generic email from UK decision making centre on 02/02/19. I am hoping to hear back within 6 weeks otherwise I will regret paying for priority service :) Is there anyone who applied on priority service around the same time or even standard service who can shed some light on processing time of applications from the UAE? Thanks

mfarhan_15
Newly Registered

Post by mfarhan_15 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Hello everyone,

I was just going through this forum and found a few questions which I had when I was applying for my spouse. So just sharing my experience, I made the application on the 22th of January online and my wife attended appointment on the 28th of January. 27th February she got the generic email. I have not heard anything back yet though.

Just a little bit about the process which is you make an application form online and fill in the details. I also filled out appendix 2 form as it was relevant to my application. Once the application is completed, you have to make the IHS payment which is £400 per year so it will come to £1200 pound. Then you go on and make the application fee payment. Once payment is made only then you can book an appointment.

For the appointment you have to take all your documents with you and the printed application form also. There they will scan your documents and also keep the originals. You have the option of your documents being returned to you sooner if you want to pay for it. The documents do not need to be sent to Sheffield by you if you send your spouse all the documents and they will send it for you.

They will text you once the result is completed.

MasterLio
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by MasterLio » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:57 am

I also applied for spouse visa for my Mrs who’s resident in Dubai. We paid for priority service with the hope of receiving a decision quicker.

Just wishing to know if any of you who recently applied from Dubai has got a decision and how long was the processing time. For anyone who paid priority service, was it worth it?
Thank you!