ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

highlighters1
Newly Registered

Accomodation Questions

Post by highlighters1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi All,

I am sponsoring my new wife (married July '18) for her first FLR(M) visa, we will submit next month before her student visa expires in October.
We currently rent two rooms in a three bed property, we live with a house mate. We rent straight from the landlord, no agency. I have lived here for 2 years, while my wife has lived here for one year.

I have a couple of questions regarding accommodation:

1. On the tenancy agreement's, the 'end' dates have now past, however the contract is a rolling one. In the contract it states it is for a "minimum of 12 months". Our landlord is happy to explain this and to state we are allowed to stay here in his letter. Will this be enough, or shall we sign another year contract from now?

2. As we live with a housemate, do we need a Property Inspection Report? The property has four rooms that would count and only 3 of us here. It is definitely not overcrowded. Again, this will be explained in the landlord's letter, is this enough? Or do we need an official report?

3. Our landlord looks after all household bills, therefore we do not have enough correspondence to meet the requirement needed. Again, the landlord will explain this in his letter, and we will explain it in ours too, is this acceptable?
She has just been added to council tax (she was exempt as student), and we receive no other joint bills with our address on. We only have individual bank statements, NHS letter, payslips, a letter from Uni, possibly one or two more but they are all individually addressed. We cannot currently meet the 6 joint or even 12 individual correspondence requirement. Any advice?

Thank you in advanced.

vinny

Re: Accomodation Questions

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:04 pm

1. Have the landlord confirm.

2. An accommodation inspection report is not compulsory. However, if there is one, then make sure that it's not false.

3. Their list is not exhaustive. Supply whatever you can.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Accomodation Questions

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 pm

In my opinion proofs of cohabitation are not just utility bills, bank statements, council taxes but any document/letter/correspondence issued to sponsor & its partner on a particular address/addresses will have equal importance because HO authorities only want to see that whether the couple was actually living together.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.