ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Whatsapp chat and Holiday visa questions.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Thankyou22
Newly Registered
Mood:

Whatsapp chat and Holiday visa questions.

Post by Thankyou22 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:43 pm

Hello,

I’d like advice on a couple of questions please.

1) I’m British born and bred and got married in Pakistan but have yet to start the procedure to bring my wife over to the UK due to employment issues. I talk to her almost daily on Whatsapp. I have her as a contact in my phone, so in Whatsapp her number doesn’t show only her name shows.
Now I read somewhere that when I start to put together the paperwork to bring her over to the UK, I should also include our Whatsapp chatting history with her number showing not her name!

Can someone please confirm if that is what I need to do? Meaning delete her as a contact in my phone so her number shows on Whatsapp, so then I can print the chat history with the number showing.

2) If my wife wants to visit me in the UK on a six month holiday visa, do I need to be in employment for her to be able to get the visa? As I am currently unemployed.

All advice is very much appreciated, many thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Whatsapp chat and Holiday visa questions.

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Display of contact name with beautiful romantic picture in profile display is better than a mere number.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Thankyou22
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Thankyou22 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:37 pm

Serious responses only please. Maybe seagul doesn't realise the stress some people are going through.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Thankyou22 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:37 pm
Serious responses only please. Maybe seagul doesn't realise the stress some people are going through.
feel free to ignore but still again a mere display of a number isn't appropriate.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Flitch7
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Flitch7 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:26 pm

I used a program which time/date stamps every message and also the number of person who sent it. This is all transferred onto pdf format and can than be printed. This program is only compatible with idiot-phone though. Saved me a lot of time screen shoting.

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Post by Kwipeh » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:36 am

If HO insists that they only want to see phone numbers and not names, I hope someone in the building is aware that you can actually edit names on WhatsApp and replace them with any number you like?

On the display, you'll then see just a number, even though it is actually the 'name ID' of the contact.

Hopefully this 'displaying numbers' scenario is an anecdote and nothing more. There is little sense in it and I doubt that the HO would hold on to it as a policy albeit unwritten.

Even eight year olds can tell them it is not a surefire approach.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:10 am

So based on supreme common sense why not on the top page of whatsapp chat print outs simply attach a page of whatsapp profile where number & name both matches. Whatsapp screen shots are far better than importing or emailing chat which can be edited.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:24 am

Screenshots with messages and also a screenshot that shows the contacts phone number will be sufficient.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Thankyou22
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Thankyou22 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Thanks for your responses.

I'm still confused about what to do regarding question 1. Does anyone know what the actual Home Office requirement is regarding whether names should be visible or if the mobile number should be visible in the chat history, between husband and wife?

Also can anyone help with question 2?

Many thanks

Thankyou22
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Thankyou22 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:08 pm

By the way, our chat history is quite long over 2 years it's been.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:28 pm

Their is no specific requirement. Just prove its the spouses number with screenshot of contact detail which would link to the name anyway.

Take few screenshots per month for the 2 years. Home Office just want to see you were in contact throughout the 2 year period.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Thankyou22
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Thankyou22 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:40 pm

OK thanks for that. Can you advise on the second question? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:46 pm

2) If my wife wants to visit me in the UK on a six month holiday visa, do I need to be in employment for her to be able to get the visa? As I am currently unemployed.
Unlikely she will get a visitor visa unless she shows very strong ties to home country (social, family, financial, employment etc). Difficult when your husband is in the UK and HO often view these applications as suspicious for the applicant to get into the UK and potentially might not leave and try sort out a visa within the UK while a visitor (as many have tried to do and failed). Effectively using a visitor visa to circumvent the more difficult spouse visa rules.

Yes, there has been a lot of abuse of visitor visas in the past and applications are now heavily scrutinised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.