ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Premium service success

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ljm1989
Mood:

Premium Appt and IHS Surcharge

Post by Ljm1989 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:51 am

Hi guys

I can apply for a Premium Appointment as of tomorrow, and I am just trying to get my IHS number beforehand so I'm all set to log in.

However, on the IHS website it says:
Use this service to:
pay the healthcare surcharge (unless you are applying for your visa online or at a UK Premium Service Centre)
However I need an IHS number when I go on the Premium Service website? Should I just pay the £500 or do I not need to? Just want to make sure that I do it all properly.

Thank you!

bathanza

Re: Premium Appt and IHS Surcharge

Post by bathanza » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:20 pm

It's all part of the premium application

When you apply you fill out your route and personal details. You are then taken DIRECTLY to the IHS site, pay and you are directed back to the application to continue to fix and appointment. Don't pay IHS before!

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:44 am

Done, thanks for your help!

We need an appointment from October 16th so I have started to look online and there is nothing at any of the centres after October 16. Does anyone have any insight into how they release appointments as I can see a lot on October 13th? When should I be looking etc?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:55 am

Hi guys

I got my premium service appointment which is a relief. I needed one for October 17th and got one today ast 12.30am UK time, there were about 20 appointments when I looked, so thats obviously a good time to be looking.

In terms of my visa application - apologies if this is a stupid question but my appointment confirmation has come through as "FLR (M) - Further Leave to Remain – partners", however we are married, should this say spouse, not partners or is it fine to leave as is?

Thanks
Lx

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:02 am

Same thing - Its a 5 year settlement router for a partner (spouse / wife / husband)
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:31 am

Fab, thanks for all your help. Much appreciated!

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:28 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:02 am
Same thing - Its a 5 year settlement router for a partner (spouse / wife / husband)
Agreed same thing, it was a headache for me to book. I accidentally did a FLR FP first but had to cancel and do a FLR M. Got all my money back by the time we attended our appointment luckily!

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

Ljm1989
Mood:

FLR (M) - Completing form and have questions

Post by Ljm1989 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:03 am

Hi there

I am just filling out my partners FLR (M) form and have the below queries - i've looked elsewhere on the forum and cant find answers to these specific ones, so any help would be much appreciated.

Just a background on our situation, I am from the UK, he is Australian and has completed his first period of 2.5 years in the UK as unmarried partners. We married in August last year and we are now applying for his first visa extension at a PSC in October.

Page 7:
Payment details, do I leave these blank? I already paid as doing it through a PSC.

1.4 / 1.5:
It's not clear as 1.4 says 'Your full name as in your passport or travel document', and 1.5 says 'Surname or family name'. Do I put his first name in 1.4 and family name in 1.5, or full name on 1.4 amd just family name in 1.5?

1.9: Provide details of other nationalities
His father is American, but my husband never lived there. Is this another nationality or do I just leave this blank?

1.13: Home Office Reference number
I dont think he has a home office reference number, how do I find this out?

2.2:
'Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiance or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor'

Of course he has applied for a visa as he has his original unmarried partner visa, and this is extending it? What do I say here?

2.3: Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.
I assume that as this is a straightforward, first extension of the visa, I tick box one? Just wanted to check. Or is it box 4?

5.2: When did you first enter the UK?
He lived her prior to this visa on a Youth Mobility Visa. However in this section do we just write when he entered the UK on this visa so March 2016?

5.3: In what category were you granted permission to enter the UK?
I assume this is where I just write the name of his visa he entered on in 2016?

6.8 Add all addresses you and your sponsor have lived at in the 2 years prior to this application if you have lived at your current address with your sponsor less than 2 years.
We have lived at our current address 6 months and lived at our prior adress 2 years. In this section do I put our current address, and our old address, or just our old address?

6.23 What type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership?
This was not at a church, it was conducted at a wedding venue by a registrar so do I answer civil ceremony?

7.3 From the list below, please indicate the financial source(s) and the amount of income you and/or your sponsor wish to rely on to meet the financial requirement'

- Current annual salary: We are just relying on my husbands salary of £41k as he has been employed at the same employer since 2017 and I changed job last month. Therefore do I just put his salary or do I put our combined salaries? n.b. this increased from 38k last month, so only his most recent payslip will show the higher rate?
- Indicate what option you are relying on: Category A / Category B I'm not sure how to answer this? Can someone explain the categories for me?

7.3A This is the form where you complete the income from salaried employment section and its a table of 'You' and 'Your Sponsor'. As we are just relying on my husbands income, do we just leave mine out? I dont want it to look like I don't work but I dont want to confuse things as I've only been in my current role a month.

(iii) His wage has increased about a month ago, but he is at the same company he was at, he just got a promotion. Do we therefore have to prove 12 months, not 6?

9.12 Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application made in the UK or abroad?
He has a biometic residence permit so therefore must have had them taken but we cant remember when or where - we applied in person in Australia for the visa in 2015, and he picked up his biometric residence permit in the UK in 2016. What do we do if we simply can't remember?

9.15 Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved in the application (s) was or were made abroad
What does this mean? Sorry! We applied for his visa in Sydney.

10.14 Please state what ties you have with: The country you were born. Any other country whose nationality you hold.
How much detail do we go into here? He has family and friends in both Australia and America.

Apologies in advance for such a long message - I've tried to go through it and ask any questions I'm not totally crystal clear on in one go.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:27 am

1. Very long posts with many questions like this are quite off putting to members (many on mobile phones) to answer.
Page 7:
Payment details, do I leave these blank? I already paid as doing it through a PSC.
Leave blank
1.4 / 1.5:
It's not clear as 1.4 says 'Your full name as in your passport or travel document', and 1.5 says 'Surname or family name'. Do I put his first name in 1.4 and family name in 1.5, or full name on 1.4 amd just family name in 1.5?
1.4 is the FULL name, ie all names. 1.5 is the SURNAME only.
1.9: Provide details of other nationalities
His father is American, but my husband never lived there. Is this another nationality or do I just leave this blank?
Only the nationality he holds and has a passport for and you don't state whether he holds a US passport. The question is not referrign to living in a country, just the nationalities he holds and has evidence of.
1.13: Home Office Reference number
I dont think he has a home office reference number, how do I find this out?
His current visa BRP card number.
2.2:
'Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiance or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor'
Of course he has applied for a visa as he has his original unmarried partner visa, and this is extending it? What do I say here?
My guess is 'no' as it is not the first application.
2.3: Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.
I assume that as this is a straightforward, first extension of the visa, I tick box one? Just wanted to check. Or is it box 4?

Box one yes.
5.2: When did you first enter the UK?
He lived her prior to this visa on a Youth Mobility Visa. However in this section do we just write when he entered the UK on this visa so March 2016?
Yes, March 2016. You can add more info in 'additional information' if you want. Howver you don't state (or I cannot see) what the gap was between the Tier 5 and initial UPV visa. He could have of course switched in country to FLR(M).
5.3: In what category were you granted permission to enter the UK?
I assume this is where I just write the name of his visa he entered on in 2016?
See my answer to 5.2
6.8 Add all addresses you and your sponsor have lived at in the 2 years prior to this application if you have lived at your current address with your sponsor less than 2 years.
We have lived at our current address 6 months and lived at our prior adress 2 years. In this section do I put our current address, and our old address, or just our old address?
Both addresses.
6.23 What type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership?
This was not at a church, it was conducted at a wedding venue by a registrar so do I answer civil ceremony?
Should be fine.
9.12 Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application made in the UK or abroad?
He has a biometic residence permit so therefore must have had them taken but we cant remember when or where - we applied in person in Australia for the visa in 2015, and he picked up his biometric residence permit in the UK in 2016. What do we do if we simply can't remember?
Don't you have an email of the appointment to submit and the date?? You can write month/year
9.15 Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved in the application (s) was or were made abroad
What does this mean? Sorry! We applied for his visa in Sydney.
It is the application centre was, i.e. VFS Sydney for example.
10.14 Please state what ties you have with: The country you were born. Any other country whose nationality you hold.
How much detail do we go into here? He has family and friends in both Australia and America.
See my answer re nationalities in 1.9. You don't have to go into huge amounts of detail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:01 am

Thanks so much for your answers @CR001 :). Good advice on the post length, i'll keep it shorter next time.

If anyone could help me with the below two questions that would be amazing!

7.3 From the list below, please indicate the financial source(s) and the amount of income you and/or your sponsor wish to rely on to meet the financial requirement'

- Current annual salary: We are just relying on my husbands salary of £41k as he has been employed at the same employer since 2017 and I changed job last month. Therefore do I just put his salary or do I put our combined salaries? n.b. this increased from 38k last month, so only his most recent payslip will show the higher rate?
- Indicate what option you are relying on: Category A / Category B I'm not sure how to answer this? Can someone explain the categories for me?

7.3A This is the form where you complete the income from salaried employment section and its a table of 'You' and 'Your Sponsor'. As we are just relying on my husbands income, do we just leave mine out? I dont want it to look like I don't work but I dont want to confuse things as I've only been in my current role a month.

(iii) His wage has increased about a month ago, but he is at the same company he was at, he just got a promotion. Do we therefore have to prove 12 months, not 6?

alewid
Newly Registered

Post by alewid » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:45 pm

Your husband is earning enough to meed the financial requirement so just use his income, no need to mention yours.

You need to apply under Category A as he has been with the same employer for the last 6 months.
Put down the salary as £38k, you need to enter the lowest amount received in the last 6 payslips as the annual salary. In your case the lowest amount from one of the payslips x 12 which should be £38k.

You can't put £41k as he hasn't earned that over the whole last 6 months.

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:26 pm

alewid wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:45 pm
Your husband is earning enough to meed the financial requirement so just use his income, no need to mention yours.

You need to apply under Category A as he has been with the same employer for the last 6 months.
Put down the salary as £38k, you need to enter the lowest amount received in the last 6 payslips as the annual salary. In your case the lowest amount from one of the payslips x 12 which should be £38k.

You can't put £41k as he hasn't earned that over the whole last 6 months.
Thanks so much! That all makes sense. So we only need payslips and bank statements over the past 6 months and then maybe a cover letter to explain why it's raised in the past month or so?

Thanks
Lois

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:10 am

I'll disagree with the salaried amount which you should state.

You meet the financial requirement over the last 6 months and you're WITH the same company. Even before the raise you meet requirements.

Your letter of employment will state £41k as your annual salary so do not change this from facts. But gain a cover letter from HR to explain the pay rise of the last month. Your payslips and bank statement will reflect this

Also. If you've been paid any extra for overtime or expenses outside of your normal pay day explain what they are and when you were paid. Put this in your covering letter

alewid
Newly Registered

Post by alewid » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:06 pm

bathanza wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:10 am
You mean agree.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:47 pm

alewid wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:06 pm
bathanza wrote:
You mean agree.
No I disagree with what the member said "Put down the salary as £38k"

Letter of employment will state the sponsor is earning £41k - OP is this correct or not?

alewid
Newly Registered

Post by alewid » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:24 pm

bathanza wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:47 pm
alewid wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:06 pm
bathanza wrote:
You mean agree.
No I disagree with what the member said "Put down the salary as £38k"

Letter of employment will state the sponsor is earning £41k - OP is this correct or not?
I'm the member that said that. Why are you confusing the OP with misinformation.

Her husband's salary was £38k and increased to £41k only last month.
For the purpose of category A the salary is calculated from the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6 month period. Therefore the annual salary figure to use for the financial requirement is £38k, they cannot put down £41k.

Yes the Employment letter will say £41k, but you cannot use that figure on the form.
You can ask the employer to include in the letter that the annual salary is £41k, increased from £38k on whatever date it was.

With my FLR a few years ago I had a recent pay rise before applying and my employer letter only stated my current higher salary. However on the form I wrote my annual salary as before the payrise, which was the lowest amount received in the 6 months payslips. On the notes at the end of financial section on the form I just wrote that I received a payrise in (whatever month) but that I was using the lower amount before the payrise, as per the financial requirement.

It's all on the payslips, you take the lowest monthly amount from your last 6 payslips and times by 12 to work out the annual figure to use.

alewid
Newly Registered

Post by alewid » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Let's say someone's current annual salary was £30k and the employer letter states the same.

However during one of previous 6 months from when they apply, they had to take some unpaid leave. That month they only received £1750 instead of £2500 as shown on the other 5 payslips.

For category A, the annual salary they would rely on and put on the form is £21k (1750 x 12). The lower amount.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:19 pm

alewid wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:46 pm
Let's say someone's current annual salary was £30k and the employer letter states the same.

However during one of previous 6 months from when they apply, they had to take some unpaid leave. That month they only received £1750 instead of £2500 as shown on the other 5 payslips.

For category A, the annual salary they would rely on and put on the form is £21k (1750 x 12). The lower amount.
Makes sense. I stand corrected

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:45 pm

In this example where the OP started earning £41K from one month then he can only show £41k if he chooses category B instead A where his annual salaried wages at the time of application will matter. Anyone who despite being fallen under category A can choose category B if has earned at least £18600 during the previous 12 months. But in ops situation he/she can fulfill requirement even with 38k so better to choose category A as other members has already advised accordingly.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi guys

Sorry been away for the weekend so just catching up on this :) thanks for all your help!

So just so I am clear, we apply under Category A, stating the his previous wage on the form. Then in the cover letter from his employer, we will ensure that the pay rise is explained there?

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:54 pm

Hey guys! Just checking the above is correct?

Thanks so much!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:23 am

Yes
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Ljm1989
Mood:

Financial Requirement

Post by Ljm1989 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:21 am

Thanks guys.

For the financial requirement, I am going to include:

Payslips: April - October
Bank statements: April - October. We are having these printed out at the bank - do I need to get these stamped on each page as I read somewhere that printouts will not be accepted?
2 x employment contracts showing new salary and old salary
Letter from employer explaining:
- Nature of employment
- Job title
- Promotion
- Salary pcm
- Start date

Is this enough? And as we are only relying on applicant's salary, do I leave all columns regarding sponsor's salary blank?

Thanks

Ljm1989
Mood:

FLR (M) Financial Requirement Documents

Post by Ljm1989 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:57 am

Hi guys

Sorry I cant seem to find my old thread - mods please merge if you can see it anywhere?

Context: My partner and I are applying for his FLR(M) and will rely on his salary alone for this under Category A.

We plan to include:
- 7 x months payslips showing April - October wages
- 7 x months bank statements April - October. We are having these printed at the bank as we dont have hard copies - do I need to get these stamped on each page by the bank? I read that printouts won't be accepted?
- 2 x employment contracts showing new salary and old salary (he had a pay rise last month)
- Letter from employer explaining:
Nature of employment
Title
Promotion
Salary pcm
Start date

Is this all we need? And do I leave all columns regarding sponsor's salary blank as we are not relying on this?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) Financial Requirement Documents

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:09 am

Sorry I cant seem to find my old thread - mods please merge if you can see it anywhere?
Merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.