ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success against HO’s Refusal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jozou
Newly Registered

Premium service - more documents needed

Post by jozou » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:07 am

Hi all,

I attended Premium Service yesterday and Croydon for SET (LR).

My case was very straightforward: I was first 2 years as student, 2 years PSW, 3.5 years T1 General, then 2.5 yrs EEA family member.

I have no gap in my visas and provided all mine and my husband’s P60, P45, bills etc. And made a very detailed list of the days I was absent from the U.K.

The only problem I had was the case work said they could not determine how many days I was out of the U.K. since I become EEA family member as the border control did not stamp my passport. Though I provided flight tickets, the case worker and his manager said they need to do their own checks to just ensure the dates are right. The manager said it will take 1-2 weeks.

So I received a letter saying my application is valid but more documents needed. My question is: anybody has been in the same shoes and how long it really took?

I just felt so disappointed as I prepared all my documents impeccably and they still could not make the decision on the day. The case work said there’s nothing wrong with what I prepared, really just their precaution as my absence days is very close to the limit)

Now with my case in HO’s hands without anyway to track/get an update, I feel so desperate... can anyone share your experience please?

Zak29
Newly Registered

Re: Premium service - more documents needed

Post by Zak29 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:21 am

jozou wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:07 am
Hi all,

My case was very straightforward: I was first 2 years as student, 2 years PSW, 3.5 years T1 General, then 2.5 yrs EEA family member.

I have no gap in my visas and provided all mine and my husband’s P60, P45, bills etc. And made a very detailed list of the days I was absent from the U.K.

The only problem I had was the case work said they could not determine how many days I was out of the U.K. since I become EEA family member as the border control did not stamp my passport. Though I provided flight tickets, the case worker and his manager said they need to do their own checks to just ensure the dates are right. The manager said it will take 1-2 weeks.

So I received a letter saying my application is valid but more documents needed. My question is: anybody has been in the same shoes and how long it really took?

I just felt so disappointed as I prepared all my documents impeccably and they still could not make the decision on the day. The case work said there’s nothing wrong with what I prepared, really just their precaution as my absence days is very close to the limit)

Now with my case in HO’s hands without anyway to track/get an update, I feel so desperate... can anyone share your experience please?
Hi

I am in a similar situation like you but i am yet to make my application. I have traveled to Europe a lot in the last 10 years and there are no entry stamps when i landed in Europe.
Which of your stamp was missing is it entry to Europe or UK border stamp missing?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:24 am

Zak29 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:21 am
Hi

I am in a similar situation like you but i am yet to make my application. I have traveled to Europe a lot in the last 10 years and there are no entry stamps when i landed in Europe.
Which of your stamp was missing is it entry to Europe or UK border stamp missing?
Your situation is not the same. The OP is an EEA Family member and passports do not get stamped in the EU countries or the UK at all as EEA FM's use the EU/British route to enter the countries and don't go through immigration.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jozou
Newly Registered

Post by jozou » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:06 am

In some cases, I do not have any stamps - it purely depends on the agent who looked at my passport. In your case, I would prepare ALL flight tickets maybe the case worker will just let you off the leash. I was “unlucky” my casework actually checked every single stamp I ever had in my three passports (I made about 100 trips in the past 10 years so that was lots of work)...
Good luck...

jozou
Newly Registered

Post by jozou » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:20 pm

Zak29 wrote:
jozou wrote:
Hi all,

Hi

My advice: if you are only missing one of the stamps (eg. You got stamped when u return to U.K. but no stamp when u enter EU), then just make sure you show the travel tickets. The number of my absent days is 538, very close to the limit. If you are far from the number, I don’t really think they worry too much. But in any case, be prepared.

rangers

Post by rangers » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:02 pm

jozou wrote:
Hi all,

Hi jozou,
So sorry to hear that they have hold you. other than that,how was the interview?i have mine a croydon in few weeks time.if you share your experience and any suggestion wold help me.thanks
regards
rangers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:05 pm

rangers wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:02 pm
Hi jozou,
So sorry to hear that they have hold you. other than that,how was the interview?i have mine a croydon in few weeks time.if you share your experience and any suggestion wold help me.thanks
regards
rangers
Premium service is NOT an 'interview'!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rangers

Post by rangers » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:10 pm

[/quote]
Premium service is NOT an 'interview'!!
[/quote]
Hi
My apology...lets call it appointment.
regards
rangers

jozou
Newly Registered

Post by jozou » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:57 am

rangers wrote:

Hi jozou,
regards
rangers
Hi Rangers,

You arrive 10-15 minutes before the appointment and go through security. Then report to reception where they check ur payment receipt, passport(S) and your application form, then they give u a number, u just go to the cafe and wait for your number to be called. Someone will check your passport(S) and enter your info, put all your documents in a folder (note: you need to separate original and copies in two piles), then you will go to do biological enrolment, till then it goes very smooth and fast. Then they will tell you to wait - for at least 2 hours. You can leave the building but come back in 1.5-2hrs and check status of your application on screen.

If it all goes well, they will return your documents and tell you that they approve ur application and you should get your BRC in 10 working days. In my case, I was called to a different counter than everyone else and had a “chat” with the caseworker. If they ask you for explanation or slash they cannot make the decision on the day, I recommend you to be persistent: ask why and whether anything you can do to facilitate the process, get your answers before you get out of door as afterwards you will be in complete darkness. Hope this helps, all the best.

rangers

Post by rangers » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:59 pm

jozou wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:57 am
rangers wrote:

Hi jozou,
regards
rangers
Hi Rangers,

You arrive 10-15 minutes before the appointment and go through security. Then report to reception where they check ur payment receipt, passport(S) and your application form, then they give u a number, u just go to the cafe and wait for your number to be called. Someone will check your passport(S) and enter your info, put all your documents in a folder (note: you need to separate original and copies in two piles), then you will go to do biological enrolment, till then it goes very smooth and fast. Then they will tell you to wait - for at least 2 hours. You can leave the building but come back in 1.5-2hrs and check status of your application on screen.

If it all goes well, they will return your documents and tell you that they approve ur application and you should get your BRC in 10 working days. In my case, I was called to a different counter than everyone else and had a “chat” with the caseworker. If they ask you for explanation or slash they cannot make the decision on the day, I recommend you to be persistent: ask why and whether anything you can do to facilitate the process, get your answers before you get out of door as afterwards you will be in complete darkness. Hope this helps, all the best.
Hi,Jozou,
Thanks for your reply and sharing the details.i hope you will get your well deserved permanent residence within very short time and off course dont forget to wish us luck.thanks again
regards
rangers

Zak29
Newly Registered

Post by Zak29 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:54 am

jozou wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:20 pm
Zak29 wrote:
jozou wrote:
Hi all,

Hi

My advice: if you are only missing one of the stamps (eg. You got stamped when u return to U.K. but no stamp when u enter EU), then just make sure you show the travel tickets. The number of my absent days is 538, very close to the limit. If you are far from the number, I don’t really think they worry too much. But in any case, be prepared.
Hi Jozou,

Thanks for your message. I pray that you get ILR soon and please don't forget to share the big news as it comes along.
In my case i have almost 90% of times missing EU entry stamps for which there is always a UK entry stamp so i have already printed the fight tickets for most of those journeys. Only problem is that i cant find tickets for 3 to 4 trips. I am 100% sure that during the last 10 years i have not stayed more than 150 to 200 days outside the UK. I hope HO will have the data on their system and they wont penalise me for not having travel tickets for those missing stamps.

I have requested an SAR report as well but i heard that it only goes back 5 years and i need exit dates before 5 years.

jozou
Newly Registered

ILR (LR) refused - Shall I appeal

Post by jozou » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi all,

Sadly my application has been refused (I went for Premium service and the caseworker said they needed to check how many days I was out of the country as I do not have all stamps on my passport due to EEA family member).

The reason they refused my application is as after receiving Advanced Passenger Information (API), they calculated my absence days as 560. In my own calculation which I am sure not wrong as I recorded every single trip, it was 539 days (I made sure I would not exceed the limits). The only reason I can think of is: there are four trips that I booked but did not end up going (in total 20 days).

In addition, I have:
- Visited home as was told my father and grandmother were ill and admitted to hospital
- My father-in-law was seriously ill and we visited him, and later attended his funeral
- I had an infected lump during one of my trips and had an operation.
I can provide hospital letters/statements or invoices for all of the above. In total, these count about 30 days. The only reason I did not provide evidence in my original application is that that I was confident I did not exceed the limit...

I wonder whether I have a strong case to appeal. If I wait, I can apply again next year in Sept (I spent 83 days abroad during the first year). What is your advise? If I appeal, other than the appealing fee, I will pay for probably 1000 to a solicitor and plus fees getting all the proof. But if I do not, I will waste the 3000 already spent and wait for another year...

Anyone? Thanks!

jozou
Newly Registered

Re: ILR (LR) refused - Shall I appeal

Post by jozou » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:14 pm

Thanks admin for merging the topics but my latest question is very different to my original one. Not sure whether people will see it after the merge. Is it possible to separate them?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (LR) refused - Shall I appeal

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:19 pm

jozou wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:14 pm
Thanks admin for merging the topics but my latest question is very different to my original one. Not sure whether people will see it after the merge. Is it possible to separate them?
The topics are related and about the same application, they need to be together to avoid duplicate questions being asked. They will not be separated. Members will see your last post and new topic heading.

See also multiple topics/posts (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jozou
Newly Registered

Success against HO’s Refusal

Post by jozou » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:49 pm

I have received a letter from HO which confirmed that they have reconsidered my application and over-turned their refusal. It was 1.5 months since I received the refusal letter and I thought it would be good to share with you my experience.

The refusal was based on: exceeding 540 days. My own calculation was 538, but the HO has requested API data and concluded my days to be 560.

The refusal letter was given with a chance to appeal. I immediately contacted a immigration solicitor for advice. She was super helpful and based on her suggestion, I did the below:

1. Write to the caseworker to ask for a reconsideration based on 1) the accuracy of API data 2) questioning the admin procedure - the caseworker did not contact me to ask for explaination or further supporting documents when there’s conflict of information.
2. Write an official email complain to HO siting the above reasons.
3. Lodged an appeal with the above reasons.
4. Gathering evidence for the extra 20 days (hospital admission/discharge letters, death certificate). Note: as these were posted from other countries and needed translation, I exceeded the 10 working day limit. If you are in similar situation, do it in stages - explain to HO and Court to request for extension in submitting evidence.

The Court was extremely fast in lodging the case and contacting me for evidence. They accepted my request for extension.

My letters to Casework was unanswered (but does not mean it was unread, I still think they helped). The HO replied to my complaint and sent my case to a Senior Caseworker to reconsider. I submitted all the evidence replying to that email and posted all the original and translated it evidence to the HO and Court. After 1.5 weeks sending the email/letter, I received an email from HO to withdraw my refusal and issue the ILR.

I then need to contact Tribunal Court to withdraw my Appeal (via email) and the HO is not proceeding my ILR to be posted to me in 2 days.

Though getting the refusal at the first place was not great. I was positively suprised by the efficiency and humanity both HO and Tribunal Court shown during the process. I do think if you have real reasons and put them rightly to the right people, you will get it at the end.

Hope this encourages other who are in similar situation and good luck to everyone!

Napoleon77
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Success against HO’s Refusal

Post by Napoleon77 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:03 pm

jozou wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:49 pm
I have received a letter from HO which confirmed that they have reconsidered my application and over-turned their refusal. It was 1.5 months since I received the refusal letter and I thought it would be good to share with you my experience.

The refusal was based on: exceeding 540 days. My own calculation was 538, but the HO has requested API data and concluded my days to be 560.

The refusal letter was given with a chance to appeal. I immediately contacted a immigration solicitor for advice. She was super helpful and based on her suggestion, I did the below:

1. Write to the caseworker to ask for a reconsideration based on 1) the accuracy of API data 2) questioning the admin procedure - the caseworker did not contact me to ask for explaination or further supporting documents when there’s conflict of information.
2. Write an official email complain to HO siting the above reasons.
3. Lodged an appeal with the above reasons.
4. Gathering evidence for the extra 20 days (hospital admission/discharge letters, death certificate). Note: as these were posted from other countries and needed translation, I exceeded the 10 working day limit. If you are in similar situation, do it in stages - explain to HO and Court to request for extension in submitting evidence.

The Court was extremely fast in lodging the case and contacting me for evidence. They accepted my request for extension.

My letters to Casework was unanswered (but does not mean it was unread, I still think they helped). The HO replied to my complaint and sent my case to a Senior Caseworker to reconsider. I submitted all the evidence replying to that email and posted all the original and translated it evidence to the HO and Court. After 1.5 weeks sending the email/letter, I received an email from HO to withdraw my refusal and issue the ILR.

I then need to contact Tribunal Court to withdraw my Appeal (via email) and the HO is not proceeding my ILR to be posted to me in 2 days.

Though getting the refusal at the first place was not great. I was positively suprised by the efficiency and humanity both HO and Tribunal Court shown during the process. I do think if you have real reasons and put them rightly to the right people, you will get it at the end.

Hope this encourages other who are in similar situation and good luck to everyone!
Congrats