ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Does correction possible to the submied ILR form?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raoraorao
Newly Registered
India

Help filling online application form

Post by raoraorao » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:03 pm

Dear friends,

I am filling the "indefinite leave to remain" (5 years, spouse of BC, SET M) online application form for my wife.

I am not quite sure about the following:

Regarding the house: there is only : a) Own, b) Rent C) Neither own nor rent options

My flat is shared-ownership between me and a private housing association.

I pay both : a) mortgage for my share, and b) rent + service charge to the housing association for their share.

What would be my best option here to choose?

Should I select a) Own and enter monthly mortgage cost, or (mortgage + rent total cost)
then explaian about rent details in the covering letter? or something else?

My bank statements show both my mortgage + rent monthly direct debits,
and I am also providing annual summary of the same.

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

Cheers
Rao..

shazekh
Newly Registered
India

Re: Help filling online application form

Post by shazekh » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:55 am

For shared ownership it should be A) Own and enter mortgage + Rent, then you can explain split in cover letter. Or if they have specifically asked just mortgage then put mortgage and explain in cover letter total amount and split.

raoraorao
Newly Registered
India

Re: Help filling online application form

Post by raoraorao » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:07 am

Thanks a lot for your advsie shazekh!!!

Cheers
Rao

raoraorao
Newly Registered
India

URGENT: Does correction possible to the submied ILR form?

Post by raoraorao » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:35 pm

Dear friends,

I was filling the "indefinite leave to remain" (5 years, spouse of BC, SET M) online application form for my wife.

When i am filling the application form, for housing there were 3 options:
a) Own, b) Rent C) Neither own nor rent options

I choose option a) "I OWN"" ( as if this is my application form, should have paid more attention :( )

Although my wife doesnt actually own the house. I own the flat, its shared-ownership with housing association for which i pay rent + mortgagae and she lives with me.

Not sure how will this affect her application, I submitted and paid her fees, have booked UKCAS appoinememtn on Friday, 15 February 2019.

I am in the process of uploading her documents to UKVCAS.

As a proof of housing costs, I am going to provide:
- my mortgage payemtns
- and housing rent.

Should I get the house option to "C) Neither own nor rent options" ?

How I can do this? any suggestions please?

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

Cheers
Rao..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT: Does correction possible to the submied ILR form?

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:39 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raoraorao
Newly Registered
India

Post by raoraorao » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:38 pm

I am leaving my experience here so people in similar situation in future would get benfit from:

- my wife called home office to explain the mistake she made in her application form, they said provide a covering letter explaining the mistake, along with my mortgage letteres.

ukvcas experience: (new onlline form feeback)

- you apply onlline, save, correct,download, then once finally submitted, you need to pay fee
- then it will redirect you to ukvcas webiste, where you can book appointment to your nearest center (£60)
- in ukvcas webiste you will need to upload scanned documents
- TIP: each doc is only 6MB size, but take good quality scan, if needed split documents into multiple parts(pdfs/jpgs), for example : applicant_name_bank_statmenets_part1.pdf, applicant_name_bank_statmenets_part2.pdf
- let file_names explain what they are, for example: housing_mortgage_annual_statement.pdf
- we paid for super priority service, and our closet ukvcas center is in our local library
- we have an appointment at 10am, but we went by 9:40am, and the guy called us in
- he took appointment letter, followed by biometrics
- then scaned my wifes passport
- then he started checking each uploaded document, for quality, readability, i started explaining the each document, this is where having proper file naming is useful
- he clicked "verify" button for each document( this is the only time taking part)
- I explained to him abour our mistake in the application form
- my wife wrote covering letter requesting to correct it, which I uploaded as well, then he wrote his comments agisnt this document, so homeoffice case worker can have a look.
- Thats it, no originals was checked, we finish by 10:15

same day after noon by 3pm we have recived email from home office granting my wife ILR.

HTH
Rao

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:39 am

[quote=raoraorao post_id=1743284 time=1550266720
- TIP: each doc is only 6MB size, but take good quality scan, if needed split documents into multiple parts(pdfs/jpgs), for example : applicant_name_bank_statmenets_part1.pdf, applicant_name_bank_statmenets_part2.pdf
- let file_names explain what they are, for example: housing_mortgage_annual_statement.pdf
-

HTH
Rao
[/quote]

My wife is about to upload her files on the SS website but the PDF file name is limited to few characters so she can't see the whole name of the file
According to your case you write for ex applicant_name_bank_statmenets_part2 how did you manage to let all this name can be seen
What the case working can see the name of the file or description of the file?
Another thing when my wife upload the files the first one uploaded become the last one on the list of that category
For ex if you want upload 3 files A,Band C
If you start uploading file A then b then c
On the list of that category will be c,b and last is A
Iam thinking to upload the list of the any category by decroissent order (start from last one to the first one)
How did you upload your liste order?

raoraorao
Newly Registered
India

Post by raoraorao » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Sorry for the late reply:

Filenames:
-- you could try file names to be more concise yet understandbale, like:
"FirstnameSurname_BankStatements_part1.pdf "
"FirstLetterFromFirstnameSurname_BankStms_p1.pdf "
After you uploaded the file you can see your filename visible as "xyz....xyz.pdf"

How did you upload your liste order?
---I uploaded part 1, part 2, etc in that order.
Of course it means part 1 goes bottom of the list, but I didnt bother toomuch about it.

--In any case my wife covering letter has an INDEX of files/documents we provided/uploaded, under different categogories: passports/housing/finanance/letters(joint/indivual names(as a table)/etc
More than anything I think this helped the case worker to quickly glance through and tick box, make a quick decission within under 5hours.