ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Property Inspection

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

peterv
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Property Inspection

Post by peterv » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Dear All,

I`m sponsoring my wife on UK spouse Visa application and we are about to start in a month. I`m moving to double room in a 4 bedroom house of a friend who lives there with her daughter only at the moment.

She is happy to provide a tenancy agreement + no objection letter for my spouse. I won`t have any utility bill as the rent includes bills but I`ll get a letter from home office regarding my tax return, also a bank statement+ payslip, etc.

The question is : Do I REALLY need to do a property inspection ? Is it mandatory in this case? The house is clearly not overcrowded even it`s a shared flat.

Is there anyone here who got their Visa granted while sharing flat in a similar way without providing an inspection report?

Your response will be much appreciated
Thank you,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Property Inspection

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:54 pm

In this case you will have to provide inspection report because it's sharing and is not entirely/exclusively under your control.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

peterv
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by peterv » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:02 pm

This is from the guide to supporting documents:

Details of the accommodation that you and your sponsor intend to live in and permission for you to stay there along with evidence of any other occupants

This could include:
- Land Registry documents
- mortgage statements
- rent book or tenancy agreement
- council tax statements
- property inspection report
- utilities bills
- accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord
confirming that you are able to stay there

I clearly have the tenancy agreement and the accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord confirming that you are able to stay there. I could probably get the land registry of the landlord too..

Are you sure it`s not enough?

Thanks for your help,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:50 am

But you DO NOT have an exclusive tenancy agreement for the WHOLE property.

You need a property inspection report as you are only renting a room in a house.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

peterv
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by peterv » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:07 am

Thanks for your response.

Is there anyone here who got approved/refused by that very reason?

I though in a cover letter I could sort this problem explaining the situation, it`s embarrassing to ask my friend to get a property inspection for Visa purposes.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:13 am

Why is it embarrassing? HO want to know that the property won't be and is not overcrowded and a property inspection report is expected if you are in shared accommodation.

immigration-for-family-members/guidance ... t6227.html

Is she a tenant herself or does she own the property?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

peterv
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by peterv » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:26 am

She is the owner, I`ll be able to prove that as well.

It just doesn`t add up in my head why is that so necessary when it`s obvious. We are planning to find a place for ourselves as soon as her Visa is granted.

Could you copy past a quote where it`s been clearly stated that it`s a MUST please?

Thanks for taking your time answering!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:41 am

Contained within the link I already posted.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ercrowding
Char (CR001 not Casa)

peterv
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by peterv » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:18 am

I might be overlooking something but I can`t see any proof that in either of those links you`ve sent it`s a MUST!

If I could prove that only 3 people (less than 7.5) living in 4 bedroom flat ( letter from all of them) + my wife would have permission (letter from the owner) will provide pictures of the house as well (it`s a nice one worth more than £600k) . Will have a tenancy agreement for 6 month on top of them + cover letter. Why on Earth would they refuse the application?

I really would like to avoid paying £100-£200 for a nonsense property check of my friend`s house..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:41 am

Your choice then.

Given the current lengthy delays for spouse visa approvals and some refusals for the slightest thing not correctly met, I certainly would err on the side of caution, but maybe that's just me and a host of other members who submit everything required PLUS extra to make their case as strong as possible, just in case!

Good luck.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

peterv
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by peterv » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:49 am

Thanks for your fast response, I`ll defo need luck like everyone else here!

My only concern really is that I can`t see a proof that a property inspection is mandatory. I completely agree with you to submit as many things as possible.

I`d love to hear someone else`s experience as well who is/was sharing and didnt submit property inspection.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:40 pm

If you search the forum then will find a lot of successes where similiar advice was given. Remember an house inspection report will cost less than £100 but its absence may cost you the heavy application fee. If you are still unwilling then can gamble.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

peterv
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by peterv » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:19 pm

I`ll try to find a surveyor then near Brighton area. Do you have any suggestion by any chance?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:45 pm

peterv wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:19 pm

I`ll try to find a surveyor then near Brighton area. Do you have any suggestion by any chance?
Names of people or companies are not permitted to be posted. Most estate agents can also do it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Danra
Ireland

Post by Danra » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:37 pm

peterv by any chance could you tell me if your visa was successful or unsuccessful with or without this property report.
I am having the same problem. We are going to share the property with my wife's parents. It's a two bedroom house. My wife is the only child of her parents. Me and my wife and her parents would be staying there. Would I need this report? It might be two late for me anyway since my biometric appointment is on 27th out side UK.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:07 pm

Danra wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:37 pm
peterv by any chance could you tell me if your visa was successful or unsuccessful with or without this property report.
I am having the same problem. We are going to share the property with my wife's parents. It's a two bedroom house. My wife is the only child of her parents. Me and my wife and her parents would be staying there. Would I need this report? It might be two late for me anyway since my biometric appointment is on 27th out side UK.
House inspection report in your case might not be needed because none of you non-related to each other. However, the documents such as parents noc letter allow you to stay there, mortgage statement/title deed will be needed to attach.

Danra
Ireland

Post by Danra » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:03 am

Yes, we have all the documents ready to attach with visa file. The house is owned by her parents, there is no mortgage on the house, measurements of each room is also mentioned in house papers and house deed.