ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Category G Financial requirement question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jdurrin
Newly Registered
United States of America

Spouse Visa Renewal - Issues with Financial Requirements

Post by jdurrin » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:00 pm

Hello. I am new to this Immigration forum and wanted to see if I can be pointed in the right direction.

I am A US citizen married to a British Citizen. My wife and I moved to the UK and were gainfully employed when I got my first Spouse Visa (5 year track). That visa is set to expire October 27th of 2019. The financial requirements were not an issue when we first applied.

We have since moved from London to Wales to live a "simpler" life but are not making much money IN the UK.

I run a business in the US and pay taxes in the US as well on that money. But we try and keep our US business and UK stuff separate. But I am afraid I will have to claim that income in order to qualify for the minimum income requirements when renewing my spouse visa later this year. I live in the UK while maintaining my business in the US.

Does anyone know how to do this process of claiming income from the US in the UK? My wife is only making about 15,000 GBP a year at the moment and I am not working in the UK. So we do not hit the minimum income requirements.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Renewal - Issues with Financial Requirements

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:53 pm

My understanding is that for an extension, it is only UK income that is counted.

Do you have any savings?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jdurrin
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jdurrin » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:59 pm

Not enough savings to make up for the lack of annual income.

So it would not be possible to claim foreign income in the UK in form of UK tax returns?

My wife is a co-owner in the US business. So I was thinking it might be possible for her to claim additional income from our US business as long as it was filed here in the UK?

Does that make sense?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:38 pm

You still got more than 6 months left so why not you find a job or your partner start working overtime in same place or find another part time job to fulfill the requirement. Or if possible then withdraw money from your US business and deposit it in bank for six months to cover the shortfall.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jdurrin
Newly Registered
United States of America

Category G Financial requirement question

Post by jdurrin » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:42 pm

Hello.

I am going to be applying for my extension for my spouse visa in the next few weeks and need some clarification.

My partner (whos income we are using) was earning a lot more money when I got my initial visa to move to the UK. Earning over 50K a year. She left that job and we moved to the countryside where we bought a house and she started her own business in May January of 2018 and has been earning about 1400 a month for the past year, but prior to that she was employed as a PAYE employee and making over 5K a month.

Can we use the combined income from the past two years in order prove we meet the financial requirements under category G, or does that category not allow us to use her PAYE income because she will not be earning money from that organization at the time of my renewal application?

Thanks a lot for your help with this. Our financial situation is confusing as I run my own business in the US and keep those finances completely separate and out of the UK.