ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dsandhu

Uk spouse visa

Post by Dsandhu » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi , I'm new to This forum.

My husband applied for uk spouse visa in march 2019 ! I have called to check the status and it's awaiting decision.

Could someone advise me what does itmean amd how many stages are there before final decision is made!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Uk spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:25 am

Dsandhu wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:22 pm
Hi , I'm new to This forum.

My husband applied for uk spouse visa in march 2019 ! I have called to check the status and it's awaiting decision.

Could someone advise me what does itmean amd how many stages are there before final decision is made!
You need to wait more and next stage might be they contact you and your employer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Dsandhu

Post by Dsandhu » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Thanks for your reply! I'm not sure how often they change the status been 26 days not had any emails yet!

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:22 pm

Depends on the country of application, some have a typical time of 3 months so you have a while to wait yet.

Dsandhu

Post by Dsandhu » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:05 pm

Hi , i have made the application from india.
Online application 28 feb 2019
Biometric 8th march 2019
Document received at Sheffield:18th march 2019
I have not had any acknowledgment emails or recived my document back.

I checked my application status with ukvi and its awaiting decision!
I am little confused as in do they send any acknowledgment emails in between or just send decision made emails.

Please reply with advise

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:18 pm

Dsandhu wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:05 pm
do they send any acknowledgment emails in between No

or just send decision made emails. Yes

Dsandhu

Post by Dsandhu » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:25 pm

Thanks hopefully soon I will get some response from home Office been 6 weeks

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:03 pm

Dsandhu wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:05 pm
Hi , i have made the application from india.
Online application 28 feb 2019
Biometric 8th march 2019
Document received at Sheffield:18th march 2019
I have not had any acknowledgment emails or recived my document back.

I checked my application status with ukvi and its awaiting decision!
I am little confused as in do they send any acknowledgment emails in between or just send decision made emails.

Please reply with advise
Was that a priority or standard application?

Priority - waiting time is 30 working days.
Standard - 60 days but can go up to 120 working days depending on case to case.

Pls share your timeline in format provide in topic
" Spouse visa timelines from India".

You will find hundreds of people who shared their timelines...keeps updating them...It's really helpful to understand where do you stand in your case and it helps to calm nerves in this stressful phase... It helped me also waiting in queue. Thnx

Olihasan
Newly Registered

Post by Olihasan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:33 pm

Hi I applied on 15th feb for my wife and son i have received ihs link for my son on 3rd April to pay i made the payment on the 3rd is that a positive indication my 2 previous applications were refused and i didnt received any ihs link for those refused applications.
Is this positive indication?
How long would it take to get the decision?
Anybody can help please?
Thanks

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:50 pm

Olihasan wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:33 pm
Hi I applied on 15th feb for my wife and son i have received ihs link for my son on 3rd April to pay i made the payment on the 3rd is that a positive indication my 2 previous applications were refused and i didnt received any ihs link for those refused applications.
Is this positive indication?
How long would it take to get the decision?
Anybody can help please?
Thanks
Hi

This is surprising.....because the system always ask for IHS fee first and then goes to visa fee step...
Can't really understand....why it didn't ask for IHS on cases filed by you earlier ??
If it ask you to pay IHS fee this time... It's quite normal... It may not be correct to take it ask positive indication interms of decision.. Which will purely be based on your documents and case circumstances.

Regarding time....as already suggested...it depends on type of service you .. Priority means lesser time whereas stars means higher processing time
Thanks.

Dsandhu

Post by Dsandhu » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:47 pm

It's a standard service! Its been 29 days so far from biometric day which was on 8th march.

Its frustrating when they don't send any acknowledgment emails or update you whether the case worker is assigned or not yet .

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:09 pm

Dsandhu wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:47 pm
It's a standard service! Its been 29 days so far from biometric day which was on 8th march.

Its frustrating when they don't send any acknowledgment emails or update you whether the case worker is assigned or not yet .
Hi
In standard service,you may have to wait for minimum 60 WD max 120 WD but no limit on this... All depends on case to case.... I have read some people getting visa after 225 working days and this forum is full of horror stories like this.

Yeah.. It is frustrating... but you must remember that there are hundreds and thousands of people like you and me waiting all over the world..to hear a single word from HO......you have just applied..so you are not alone No doubt it's stressful but nothing we can do here.

I applied on 16 Jan..... and waiting. We can all just wait.. This is best we can do.. All the best

Dsandhu

Post by Dsandhu » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:16 pm

I understand what you mean! All we can do is wait.
I called the HO last week status was awaiting deciosn......i am not sure what it means

Did you check ur status with HO? Hopefully u will hear something next week as its been more the 60 days.

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:25 pm

Dsandhu wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:16 pm
I understand what you mean! All we can do is wait.
I called the HO last week status was awaiting deciosn......i am not sure what it means

Did you check ur status with HO? Hopefully u will hear something next week as its been more the 60 days.
Yeah..seriously...once you send them supporting documents... It's all upto HO... When to acknowledge.. Whom to acknowledge.. can't really control anything. Awaiting decision means... You application is not yet assessed by ECO and hence decision is pending or awaited

Yeah... I do sent an email fillingup form and paying fee and promptly after few hours, I got a standard reply that your case is still awaiting decision and two days after that mail..i received another email saying that my case is escalated to concerned depth... Ufffff.....It's really horrific and tense situation to be in.
Real test of patience 😥

Dsandhu

Post by Dsandhu » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:56 pm

Oh no fingers crossed hope all goes well for you! Its a real test which is unfair on everyone 😢
I'm reading people posts on this.....mostly everyone did get email that is being prepared by officer for consideration around 5 weeks time

Mine 6 weeks completed and haven't received anything is this normal?

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:28 am

Dsandhu wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:56 pm
Oh no fingers crossed hope all goes well for you! Its a real test which is unfair on everyone 😢
I'm reading people posts on this.....mostly everyone did get email that is being prepared by officer for consideration around 5 weeks time

Mine 6 weeks completed and haven't received anything is this normal?
Hi

Yeah... this is all I got after waiting for long 3 months....
Keeping hopes alive.. hope these are final stages of this process.
Thats why we must share all this information..at this platform.. It really help others in same or worse situation... as, we are getting benefited from information posted by other members.

Yes... there are some other people also,waiting for confirmation mail... However,I got confirmation in 4th week.... but no worries for you as you have already checked that your case has progressed.

But incase you insist on getting written confirmation....you can send them email on this subject... And then follow same mail after every 10 working days which is 2 weeks until to get it.

Thanks alot.

Dsandhu

Post by Dsandhu » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:07 pm

Fingers crossed 🙏🏼.

I think its better if they at least inform people what is going on with their case.

Like mine no emails to say its being prepared for
Consideration. Its only when i rang last Friday they said status is awaiting decision.

I will wait few days and might ring again.

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:37 pm

Dsandhu wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:07 pm
Fingers crossed 🙏🏼.

I think its better if they at least inform people what is going on with their case.

Consideration. Its only when i rang last Friday they said status is awaiting decision.

Yeah.. Agreed.... It seems that it will take some time to realise........ That things.... All the best..... Pls call at mobile number removed by moderator to discuss.. Note down my MB no... They will remove it...

Instantly...

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:44 pm

Sumit_sam wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:37 pm
Dsandhu wrote:
Fingers crossed 🙏🏼.

Yeah.. Agreed.... It seems that it will take some time to realise........ That things.... All the best..... Pls call at xxxxxxxx to discuss.. Note down my MB no... They will remove it...

Instantly...

Email address removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:35 pm

Sumit_sam wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:44 pm
Sumit_sam wrote:
Dsandhu wrote:
Fingers crossed 🙏🏼.

Yeah.. Agreed.... It seems that it will take some time to realise........ That things.... All the best..... Pls call at xxxxxxx to discuss.. Note down my MB no... They will remove it...

Instantly...

Email address removed by moderator
You clearly know the rules of the forum regarding posting of personal contact i formation. Everyone here is a complete stranger and we have 100s of scammers and spammers who trawl the forum daily!!

If you persist in posting your personal contact information, your now limited access will be terminated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:21 am

CR001

Noted. It will not be repeated. It means we should not also discuss the minute details of our case here... Even timelines....that we normally do. Thanks for your warning🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:21 am

Sumit_sam wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:21 am
CR001

Noted. It will not be repeated. It means we should not also discuss the minute details of our case here... Even timelines....that we normally do. Thanks for your warning🙏
You will note that I clearly stated PERSONAL CONTACT information, ie email, mobile or any social media contacts!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dsandhu

Post by Dsandhu » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:30 pm

Sumit_sam wrote:
Dsandhu wrote:
Fingers crossed 🙏🏼.

Yeah.. Agreed.... It seems that it will take some time to realise........ That things.... All the best..... Pls call at mobile number removed by moderator to discuss.. Note down my MB no... They will remove it...

Instantly...
Any updates?

Sumit_sam
BANNED
India

Post by Sumit_sam » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:08 am

Dsandhu wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:30 pm
Sumit_sam wrote:
Dsandhu wrote:
Fingers crossed 🙏🏼.

Instantly...
Any updates?
Nothing... The agony and pain continues.... they have nothing to do our pains and sorrows.

Dsandhu

Post by Dsandhu » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:24 am

Sumit_sam wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:08 am
Dsandhu wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:30 pm
Sumit_sam wrote:
Dsandhu wrote:
Fingers crossed 🙏🏼.

Instantly...
Any updates?
Nothing... The agony and pain continues.... they have nothing to do our pains and sorrows.

Oh no🙏🏼 Why don't u ring and check ur status again?