ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Long Residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

ILR - Long Residency

Post by talreh20 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Dear Experts

I hope someone can help me to get some answers.

I am going to apply under ILR 10 Years Long Residency soon. My history is as follows:

1- Tier 4 Student VISA Valid from 04/06/2009. Entered country 25/06/2009.
2- Tier 1 PSW VISA June 2011 to June 2013
3- Tier 2 Visa Sep 2013 to July 2016
However my sponsor lost their licence in January 2015. I was in my home country at the time when that happened and I decided to travel back to the UK. I arrived at the airport and the officer simply stamped my passport without asking me any work related questions and I entered the country. My sponsor lost their licence on 05 Jan 2015 and I entered the country on 06 Feb 2015.

I also didn't receive any curtailment letter from the home office. I found another sponsor in March 2015 and applied for Tier 2 with them in April 2015. My application was refused due to incorrect salary and employment period on the COS. Home office also returned my passport and my BRP card with the refusal letter.
I then applied again in July 2015 with the same organisation and new COS with correct salary and employment period and was granted with the VISA in Sep 2015. So:

4- Tier 2 Visa Sep 2015 to 25 July 2019.

So my questions are:
1- As i was made redundant in January 2015 and received the next visa in Sep 2015 (after 8 months and taking into account that I never received a curtailment letter from the home office and I entered the country when my first sponsor's licence was revoked) have I fulfilled 10 years requirement? I hope so.
2- Presuming my 10 years are not broken, when is the earliest i can apply. I understand I can apply 28 days before but i am confused:

Will my 10 years be counted from the first VISA validity date or the entry clearance date?
So in my case, Is it from the date i was granted my first student visa i.e. 04/06/2009 so by that method i'll complete 10 years on 04/06/2019.
Or is it when i entered the country which is 25/06/2009 so by that method, I'll complete 10 years on 25/06/2019.

So when can i apply?

assuming i can apply 28 days before:

10/05/2019 if home office considers first visa valid from date
28/05/2019 if home office considers entrance date in the country?

Can any one please help me with the above.

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Long Residency

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:38 pm

ILR based on long residence qualifying period starts from the date you ENTERED the UK.

Your tier 2 issue is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:41 pm

CR001

I am much obliged. You have always been so helpful.

Big relief.

One more question, When i am completing the online form and it states length of stay and If i am applying 28 days before lets say on 29 May 2019, what should i put there

9 years and 11 months as this will actually be the case on 25 May 2019. or should i put 10 years 0 months?

Kindly advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:45 pm

Either is fine. HO knows the rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:54 pm

Great.

Many thanks for all your help.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi CR001

I have a quick question as i am completing the ILR SET (LR) form:

It is asking me to complete my family details. I have a wife and 3 kids. Now they are saying to provide last two years of proof of address to prove that we are living together. Do they really mean that i now have to look for last two years of proof of addresses or am i miss reading it? Is there a catch?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 15, 2019 12:49 am

You do not need to provide such evidence. You must qualify on your own under SET(LR) and your application has nothing to do with your partner/children or dependants. The online system list is incorrect and we have seen this many times before
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:08 pm

Dear Zimba

Many thanks for your reply and apologies for another long post.

As the time is getting closer for me to apply, it is getting so stressful for me and many (relevant or probably irrelevant) questions are popped up in my mind and I am getting cold sweats when I think about these questions. If any one can answer my questions, I'll be very grateful. These questions are from the application form SET (LR). I am applying on 10 years long residency on or after 26 June.

1- Where did you spend time outside the UK?
I went to my home country about 7 times in 10 years. Each stay was for less than 1 month. I can only find an evening flight which means I'll leave the Uk (e.g.) on the 1st and will enter my home country (e.g.) on the 2nd. This means the entry stamp will be on the 2nd day in my passport from my home country but as the Heathrow airport doesn't have an immigration exit control, so passport doesn't get stamped on my exit. So what leaving date should i put in the filed "When did you leave the UK". Entry date in my home country as the passport was stamped i.e. 2nd as it can be proved or the 1st. I may not be able to prove that I actually left on the 1st as I don't have tickets or boarding passes any more.
2- Then it goes on to ask for reason for the visit. Nearly all my visits were to meet my family. If I put reason as family visit in 6 out of 7 travels, can this go against me as it might show to the visa processing officer that I have family ties to my home and birth country and they may decided to not to give ILR.
3- Then the form asks about the family in the country of birth/home country. Off-course i have mum and dad and brothers. The form asks to provide their names, where they live, how i am related to them and how i contact them. Pretty self explanatory but by providing all this information,
- Will that show that i have more ties to my home country than to the UK as i have no parental family here. I have my wife and three kids here. My wife is not a British national. - Should I provide them my parental family names and answers to the questions they are asking
4- Same as no.3 but now the form asks for friends and social and cultural ties to my home country. What would be reasonable answer to these questions? Any suggestions please. Again asking for their names etc. should I provide the names.
5- When did I start living with my wife?
We married in Jan 2014 and i came back to the uk after the wedding and left her there. I visited her again in Jan 2015. We spent 1 month together and I came back to the UK in Feb 2015. We had a child in Sep 2015. She got the visa in jan 2016 and she came over in Feb 2016 when we started to live together continuously. So what date should I put as "When did we started living together"
6- Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? Can you please suggest a reasonable answer for that. The document list also asks to provide proof for the provided reasons. Do i need to provide a proof?
7- Documents list asks for visas for my kids.
I have three kids. One was born back home. She came over on a visa. So i can provide for her. My other two kids were born in the UK. So i haven't applied for their visas. They have just the birth certificates and nothing else. How can I provide their visas when I don't have these. What to do in this instance. 2nd baby was born in Sep 2017 and third baby is born 2 weeks ago.

All these questions are stressing me out. If anyone can please clear my doubts and answer my questions, I'll be much obliged. I am sincerely sorry for such a long post.

I look forward to hearing from the experts. Many thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:47 pm

1- The day of your flight
2- No it would not work against you
3- No it is standard
4- NO need to enter names
5- Choose a date. Not relevant to the application anyway
6- Just say no
7- Provide what you have

You are being too paranoid :lol:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:49 pm

Hi Zimba

Many thanks for the answers. You are right. I am actually paranoid. Many thanks for clearing my questions.

Kind regards

dan883

Post by dan883 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:16 am

talreh20 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:49 pm
Hi Zimba

Many thanks for the answers. You are right. I am actually paranoid. Many thanks for clearing my questions.

Kind regards
Hi Talreh
Did you make an application yet. I understand you are eligible to make an application after 27/05/2019. Please update the progress if possible.

Good Luck

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:19 am

Hi Dan

I haven't made the application yet. I had been busy with couple of things. My plan is to get the documents sorted by this weekend and apply just after. I'll certainly keep you posted with the steps.

Are you applying as well for ILR on long residency grounds?

dan883

Post by dan883 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:50 am

talreh20 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:19 am
Hi Dan

I haven't made the application yet. I had been busy with couple of things. My plan is to get the documents sorted by this weekend and apply just after. I'll certainly keep you posted with the steps.

Are you applying as well for ILR on long residency grounds?
Ok. I see. I heard it will take 2-3 weeks to find appointment for bio metrics after you have done online application.

Yes I am applying in couple of months in 10 year basis. The process looks straight forward and hence not willing to use solicitors.

I would appreciate if you keep updating your progress.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi Dan

Sure I will.

Thanks for letting me know that it takes 2-3 weeks for the appointment to come. So I think I'll file the application by this sunday.

I have also tried to find the cost of super priority application. This is £3208.20. The standard application is £2,408.20. I thought it was extra £600. But the website is asking for extra £800.

So i guess i have to take the hit and hopefully I'll get the decision the next day.

Attachments
Fee.png
Fee.png (41.16 KiB) Viewed 1302 times

dan883

Post by dan883 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:30 am

talreh20 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:16 pm
I thought it was extra £600. But the website is asking for extra £800.
Yes they put the SP fees up by £200 in gone April. The standard application fees remained the same.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:54 am

Hi Dan

Many thanks for the info.

Kind regards

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi Everyone

I have just checked my status for work on gov.uk website. It says

"You can now work in the uk. There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK."

I used my old BRP card which is expiring on 25/07.

Does that mean I have got ILR?

I haven't received any letter or email so far to confirm. Can anyone please confirm.

Kind regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Wait to hear back from the UKVI. :!: :!:

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:32 am

Hi Everyone

I have received a letter just now from Home office to state that my application has been approved and BRP card will follow in 7 working days.

I am most grateful to all those who helped me throughout this stressful process specially CR001 and Zimba.

@dan883 Best wishes for your application too. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be more than happy to assist you.

Many thanks one again to all of you.

Kind regards