ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leila82
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by leila82 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:47 pm

@leila, did you email them to follow up your application? What was your timeline like? Thank you!
[/quote]

I’ve done my biometric on 16th of April and I didn’t receive any letter so on 12 Aug I sent an email to them asked about my application status they responded on 19th that I will receive the letter in 21 working days.

leila82
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by leila82 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:59 pm

erd03 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:01 pm
Do they email you? I thought they don’t usually communicate unless you email them for updates ?
no they do not contact unless need more information I emailed them to update me about my application progress and they kindly responded.

cb090466
Newly Registered
Moldova

Post by cb090466 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi all. I was hoping to get some advice on my issue. I have made a typo on the application by saying my dad's birth year is 1997 rather than 1967. Do you think I should contact the nationality enquiry mailbox and inform them of that? How likely is it that this typo can become a big issue?

Thanks in advance.

naz98
Newly Registered

Post by naz98 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:04 am

Hey quick question do we submit payslip with bank statements for nationality and how many do I need to submit. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:09 am

naz98 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:04 am
Hey quick question do we submit payslip with bank statements for nationality and how many do I need to submit. Thanks
1. You do realise that this topic you keep asking questions in about applying is actually for discussions AFTER application has been submitted. Not sure why you could not keep all your questions in your own topic you started at the beginning of August :idea: :idea: british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... l#p1809433

2. No, payslips and bank statements are not required. Follow the guidance notes and checklist!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:56 am

Hello guys I need some help

Yesterday I email to nationality enquiry normally they reply back simply but yesterday they reply me differently.
Thank you for your e-mail.

I cannot comment on other applications. However the simplicity or indeed complexity of an application cannot be known until it has been considered by a caseworker. Nevertheless, UKVI aims to complete 95% of cases within 6 months from the date of receipt. Therefore as your application was received on 08-Apr-2019, it will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Thanks
What's mean that ?? My file with caseworker or this is normal email plz reply me back if any one have experience. King regard

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:14 am

It’s a generic response I got the same reply two days earlier.

clairepf

Post by clairepf » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:43 am

I applied for mine 18 February and still waiting. Sent them an email to ask where I can send additional information as I’m now also married to a British citizen and got this response

“Thank you for your email but just to let you know your case is still awaiting checks, before it can get allocated to a caseworker, once your case is with a caseworker they will then look into what evidence is required and get in touch with you regarding this.” Waiting game I guess😟

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:49 am

clairepf wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:43 am
I applied for mine 18 February and still waiting. Sent them an email to ask where I can send additional information as I’m now also married to a British citizen and got this response

“Thank you for your email but just to let you know your case is still awaiting checks, before it can get allocated to a caseworker, once your case is with a caseworker they will then look into what evidence is required and get in touch with you regarding this.” Waiting game I guess😟
You are fully aware your history is not straightforward and your application will likely have a lot of additional checks. You were also previously refused when you applied for citizenship so HO is likely looking very carefully at your full history in the UK. Being married to a British citizen makes no difference really to the success or failure of your application.

british-citizenship/naturalisation-enqu ... l#p1291828

Also useful if you stick to your own topic you started earlier in the month.

british-citizenship/naturalisation-app- ... l#p1815849
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

clairepf

Post by clairepf » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:53 am

Thanks for your reply. I’ve always thought once I was over the 10 year free from immigration mark it would be easier (when they refused me last time they said I needed to reapply from January 2019).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:02 am

clairepf wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:53 am
Thanks for your reply. I’ve always thought once I was over the 10 year free from immigration mark it would be easier (when they refused me last time they said I needed to reapply from January 2019).
All the same checks are done again each time you apply and all records checked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

redkite
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by redkite » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi guys,

I applied for naturalisation 6 months ago and today | got the following email:

"Dear MRS ……..,

Case ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email."

I don't quite understand what this email signifies -it appears to be a system generated and therefore generic email, acknowledging that I've applied, but why am I receiving this after 6 months and not when I applied initially? I am really puzzled and not sure what to do.

joseph2019
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by joseph2019 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:43 pm

Hi All,

I have finally gotten my approval letter today, exactly six weeks after applying/submitting my biometrics (Applied on 16/07, biometrics done the next day).

I am grateful to have had a chance to come through to this forum and find answers to most of my questions, but also to bear the wait and read about the fortunes/misfortunes of everyone here.

I have contacted the Home Office on a couple of occasions to enquire about the progress of my application, and had an email from them today saying a decision was made on my case a week ago. It also appears that my legal representative received the letter by post shortly before I got their email.

Thanks again to all members/moderators, and I wish everyone here the best of luck on their upcoming/ongoing applications.

erd03
Newly Registered

Post by erd03 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:30 am

Waiting for that decision letter is a pain and it’s not really healthy! I know it’s a case to case basis when it comes to the application but as far as I know, mine is pretty much straightforward like the majority. However, I can’t help myself to compare but there are applications that were submitted after mine and now they have their decisions. To date, since the confirmation from the HO, it’s now 41 days. Just me overthinking that it might get lost along the way. I am itching to email them to ask for updates and ring the council as well.

What’s the best thing to do? (I know the answer already - wait!)

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:47 am

Hi, I applied on and submitted biometrics on 23rd July. I must travel and it’s often harder to get visas on travel Docs for certain countries. Can some pls share the email address do I can as if my case has been assigned to case worker yet? It’s been six weeks and I still have access to UKVCAS files that I’ve uploaded, does it mean it’s not?

Overall, would do any harm if I asked for an update? Only concern I’ve is my travel dates may have not been very accurate due to loss of my passports. I didn’t note this on my application, however mentioned that I could not submit my previous travel docs due to having lost them. Pls if some can advise. Thank you

Andy3018
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Andy3018 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:55 am

leila82 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:47 pm
@leila, did you email them to follow up your application? What was your timeline like? Thank you!

I’ve done my biometric on 16th of April and I didn’t receive any letter so on 12 Aug I sent an email to them asked about my application status they responded on 19th that I will receive the letter in 21 working days.
[/quote]

@leila, i did my biometric at ukvas too in April. Just to confirm, is this their email add you used? Thanks nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

erd03
Newly Registered

Post by erd03 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:57 am

Oria wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:47 am
Hi, I applied on and submitted biometrics on 23rd July. I must travel and it’s often harder to get visas on travel Docs for certain countries. Can some pls share the email address do I can as if my case has been assigned to case worker yet? It’s been six weeks and I still have access to UKVCAS files that I’ve uploaded, does it mean it’s not?

Overall, would do any harm if I asked for an update? Only concern I’ve is my travel dates may have not been very accurate due to loss of my passports. I didn’t note this on my application, however mentioned that I could not submit my previous travel docs due to having lost them. Pls if some can advise. Thank you
I am travelling as well in 2 weeks. I think we are allowed to travel (short period) as technically we still have our current status documents to be used for travel? Just a thought.

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:06 am

erd03 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:57 am
Oria wrote:

I am travelling as well in 2 weeks. I think we are allowed to travel (short period) as technically we still have our current status documents to be used for travel? Just a thought.

Yes we can travel but I need visa and it takes 6 weeks to obtain visa on a travel document for India.

erd03
Newly Registered

Post by erd03 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:10 am

Oria wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:06 am
erd03 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:57 am
Oria wrote:

Yes we can travel but I need visa and it takes 6 weeks to obtain visa on a travel document for India.
But you have your passport and your brp with you, right?

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 am

Yes, I’ve a current travel doc and Brp. Only thing is that it takes a lot of time to obtain visa for India on a travel doc. I’ll try to call them for an update.

erd03
Newly Registered

Post by erd03 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:17 am

Oria wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 am
Yes, I’ve a current travel doc and Brp. Only thing is that it takes a lot of time to obtain visa for India on a travel doc. I’ll try to call them for an update.
It make sense now. I was a bit confused when you said travel docs = passport. I hope you’ll get it sorted soon! Share your experience here for there reference of other people that may have the same situation.

erd03
Newly Registered

Post by erd03 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:42 am

I need your advice urgently!

I couldn’t bear it any longer so I have called my council today and they have confirmed that they have my citizenship certificate from HO dated 21 August. What is the next step? Do I return my BRP now? Or wait for the HO decision letter to arrive? I have booked my citizenship ceremony already but the earliest date is 15th October. Another issue (?), I am travelling on 17th September and I’m worried that I will be held on my way back to the UK.

Please advise.

Thank you so much!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:14 am

erd03 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:42 am

I couldn’t bear it any longer so I have called my council today and they have confirmed that they have my citizenship certificate from HO dated 21 August. What is the next step? Do I return my BRP now? Or wait for the HO decision letter to arrive? I have booked my citizenship ceremony already but the earliest date is 15th October. Another issue (?), I am travelling on 17th September and I’m worried that I will be held on my way back to the UK.

Please advise.

Thank you so much!!!
Calm down!!

You only return your BRP once you have attended your ceremony. You are not British until that point. Until then, you are a foreign national with ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

erd03
Newly Registered

Post by erd03 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:33 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:14 am
erd03 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:42 am

Please advise.

Thank you so much!!!
Calm down!!

You only return your BRP once you have attended your ceremony. You are not British until that point. Until then, you are a foreign national with ILR.

CR001

Many thanks! You have been such a great help. I’ve been reading your responses/advises from other applicants since my Tier 2, ILR and now Citizenship applications. Will post my timeline later on.

Thank you again! 🙏🏼

jenglasgow
Newly Registered

Post by jenglasgow » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:47 am

Hello. I submitted my biometrics on 23 July so realise that is quite recent in the scheme of things. However, I am going abroad for work/holiday for a month next weekend and want to send an email saying to please contact me by email if additional information is required or anything is posted. I live alone so wont have someone watching my post and it comes in a communal slot so a bit nervous it could get thrown away when I am gone. What email address should I use to contact the naturalisation group? Thanks in advance.