ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by wikki » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:11 pm

modk79 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:07 pm
wikki wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:13 pm
Hi everyone

I am in the process of asking for asylum and I just want to know a few things.
1. I read that once you are an asylum seeker (i.e pending decision) and or a refugee, the Home Office can deny you the right to study. I'd like to know if it is still the case??

2. Is it possible that the Home Office gives back your passport while the asylum claim is under consideration for urgent reasons?

Thank you
1) Normally, you should have no restrictions on being able to study whilst your claim is pending, and certainly not when you have been granted refugee status.

2) You can ask for your documents back. Contact your asylum unit
Thanks a lot for your reply.

For point 2, you mean I can get back my documents (passport, mainly) while the asylum claim is being considered? (I have already engaged with the process however, I am yet to go for my first interview, reason why I'm asking)

modk79
Newly Registered

Post by modk79 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:56 pm

wikki wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:11 pm
modk79 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:07 pm
wikki wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:13 pm
Hi everyone

I am in the process of asking for asylum and I just want to know a few things.
1. I read that once you are an asylum seeker (i.e pending decision) and or a refugee, the Home Office can deny you the right to study. I'd like to know if it is still the case??

2. Is it possible that the Home Office gives back your passport while the asylum claim is under consideration for urgent reasons?

Thank you
1) Normally, you should have no restrictions on being able to study whilst your claim is pending, and certainly not when you have been granted refugee status.

2) You can ask for your documents back. Contact your asylum unit
Thanks a lot for your reply.

For point 2, you mean I can get back my documents (passport, mainly) while the asylum claim is being considered? (I have already engaged with the process however, I am yet to go for my first interview, reason why I'm asking)
You can always ask. They may insist on you withdrawing your asylum claim

bubbly2703

Post by bubbly2703 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:32 pm

Hello

has anybody changed their address, sent a letter to HO to notify them and never received an acknowledgement letter for this change? If you were in this kind of situation please assist on what you did because I am nolonger sure if I have received any letters at the previous address. Cheers

Seena2
Newly Registered

Post by Seena2 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:00 am

Hi
Hope everyone is ok , I have an outstanding fresh claim since Dec/2018 ..I have contacted MP and my solicitor chased the case but all we hear from them is we will make Decison ASAP ..which is really funny because I don't see how they don't have time to look at cases in 9 months,.
My question is me and my partner have same case we won the case in court last year Jun /2018 .. my partner got granted and I did my fresh claim related to same case as i said we have same case ,, does anyone know if I can take home office to court for that as they're delaying my decision for no reason?
Help please.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:04 am

Seena2 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:00 am
Hi
Hope everyone is ok , I have an outstanding fresh claim since Dec/2018 ..I have contacted MP and my solicitor chased the case but all we hear from them is we will make Decison ASAP ..which is really funny because I don't see how they don't have time to look at cases in 9 months,.
My question is me and my partner have same case we won the case in court last year Jun /2018 .. my partner got granted and I did my fresh claim related to same case as i said we have same case ,, does anyone know if I can take home office to court for that as they're delaying my decision for no reason?
Help please.
Thank you
No you cannot sue the HO. Also each case is assessed and processed based on its own merits.

You can do a pre-action protocol or lodge a complaint.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Seena2
Newly Registered

Post by Seena2 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:40 am

Thank you for your respond and advices mate its just I have lived here 12 years and it gets annoying tbh

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:26 am

Hi All,

Tempted to call the home office but I don't know if it is even worth to be honest. Are there any of you who have had their screening interviews beginninng of the year 2019? Have you got your invitations for the main interview yet? Please share yours months with me. I had my screening in March and am still waiting for an invitation letter for the main interview.

Huleygirl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Gambia

Post by Huleygirl » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:38 pm

Hello everyone
I made a claim on Jan 2016 with my 4 children who are now 10, 9, 7 and 4 years old all born here. I had my interview in July 2016 and we've been waiting for a decision since but today I received a letter saying I have to go to Liverpool for my substantive interview. I am very confused and worried why would they interview me again.
I have 3 girls and a boy who is extremely autistic, my claim is for FGM for the girls and humanitarian for my son.
Has anyone been in this situation or know anyone that has and what might be the reason for a second interview
Thank you

Sam makh
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sam makh » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:31 pm

rina wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:26 am
Hi All,

Tempted to call the home office but I don't know if it is even worth to be honest. Are there any of you who have had their screening interviews beginninng of the year 2019? Have you got your invitations for the main interview yet? Please share yours months with me. I had my screening in March and am still waiting for an invitation letter for the main interview.

I claim asylum August 19, also waiting for main interview, in my personal opinion,
as I read on this site,75% people invited for main interview between 6 to 8 month (i am 100% sure first six month home office even don’t see your application 😔)
Hope you will received interview letter next month,
Please keep update me, my application is same as your application (flr fp to converted as asylum clam by home office )

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:17 pm

Sam makh wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:31 pm
rina wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:26 am
Hi All,

I claim asylum August 19, also waiting for main interview, in my personal opinion,
as I read on this site,75% people invited for main interview between 6 to 8 month (i am 100% sure first six month home office even don’t see your application 😔)
Hope you will received interview letter next month,
Please keep update me, my application is same as your application (flr fp to converted as asylum clam by home office )
Thank you so much for your wish and I pray I do get a letter next month. I will keep you posted for sure as soon as I hear anything.

Tina28
inactive
Indonesia

Post by Tina28 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:41 pm

Hi Rina, I claim asylum Feb this year and had my main interview and biometric in August . So if you claim asylum in March then you should receive a letter from HO for the main interview in September.

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:31 pm

@Tina28
@rina

Can I know if this you first asylum claim or asylum fresh claim because home office don't call people for main interview if you did asylum fresh claim but first time asylum home office call for main interview ok.

John200101
Newly Registered

Post by John200101 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:34 pm

John200101 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:19 pm
Hello guys,
I'm a single mother with 6 children, 2 born in the uk. Claimed asylum on jan 2019 with all my kids as my dependent and I've been in uk for 4 years, did screening, got sent piq which I filled in a sent back. Now I received invitation for main interview on 29th of aug. Claim is based on my mental health and ptsd as I was raped by gangs who attacked me back home because I turned down drug trafficking and nw diagnosed with HIV and also due to my husband family and stigmatisation back home and my children will be exploited and also my little daughter who is deaf and attends special needs school here.
In the letter I was asked to bring passport photographs of me and my dependent to the interview,is this normal?
Also could someone enlighten me about the interview?
And what are my chance of getting protection?
Thanks.
Hello again,
I have had my substantive interview but I've been soo ill so I couldn't update. My interview lasted for 8 hours😰 and the interviewer asked me 402 questions and I only had one break. She didn't even consider the fact that I was pregnant. I could tell she's incapable and probably new because majority of the questions she was asking was not really based on my claim( just a bit) but just mainly travel history. She even made soo many mistakes that I had to correct her during the interview. She also said she's not the one making the decision but someone else so now I basically feel like my claim and my children will be refused😭because the transcript was soo poor.
I'm I just freaking out?
Or do anyone think that the caseworker will really consider my case to see the positives?😬

Dede_2015
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Dede_2015 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:37 pm

Khatoon82 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:47 pm
Hi everyone

I applied for asylum all appeal rights exhausted then did my further submissions in Liverpool on child 7 year route got 4 children one uk born and three back home all been here for over 8 years. I did my further submissions on 22 November 2018 no contact from home office after that . I live in home office property and getting Nass support . Someone told me that they only take 2-3 months if you are on Nass and apply via child 7 years route , anyone can help.
I am stressed and guidance will be highly appreciated thanks

Can you please advise me on home office accommodation as I have 3 children I am worried about the places they send people and how is clean
Thanks

Tina28
inactive
Indonesia

Post by Tina28 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:49 pm

moore100 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:31 pm
@Tina28
@rina

Can I know if this you first asylum claim or asylum fresh claim because home office don't call people for main interview if you did asylum fresh claim but first time asylum home office call for main interview ok.

This is my first asylum claim.

Sam makh
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sam makh » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:14 pm

Tina28 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:41 pm
Hi Rina, I claim asylum Feb this year and had my main interview and biometric in August . So if you claim asylum in March then you should receive a letter from HO for the main interview in September.
Hi tina28
I also explain rina same thing mostly home office. Send main interview after 6 month,
Hows your interview goes can you please share your experience please ?
Where home office call for interview ?

Tina28
inactive
Indonesia

Post by Tina28 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:07 pm

Sam makh wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:14 pm
[quote=Tina28 post_id=<a href="tel:1820028">1820028</a> time=<a href="tel:1567258902">1567258902</a> user_id=223383]
Hi tina28
I also explain rina same thing mostly home office. Send main interview after 6 month,
[/quote]

I did my main interview in Solihull. They also send my an enrolment to do the biometric, so did the biometric before the main interview at the same day. The interview took about 4 hours with one break as I brought a child with me. There was a daycare for people who bring child with them as they are not allow children in the interview. The lady in the daycare also said mostly the interviews last for about 4 hours (starts at 10am finished at 2pm) and they rarely call you for another interview. The questions where about why you claim asylum, travel history and current situation. After the interview They will give you a flask disk consist of the transcript and audio recorder from your interview. And gave me 5 days to send new evidences. So now waiting for the decision, how long would you think is the decision for a new asylum claim?

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:36 pm

Tina28 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:41 pm
Thanks so much for your response as this gives me comfort as regards to timelines so I am really hoping to get my letter in September.

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:38 pm

moore100 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:31 pm
@Tina28
@rina

First asylum application

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:41 pm

John200101 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:34 pm
John200101 wrote:
Hello guys,
I'm a single mother with 6 children, 2 born in the uk. Claimed asylum on jan 2019 with all my kids as my dependent and I've been in uk for 4 years, did screening, got sent piq which I filled in a sent back. Now I received invitation for main interview on 29th of aug. Claim is based on my mental health and ptsd as I was raped by gangs who attacked me back home because I turned down drug trafficking and nw diagnosed with HIV and also due to my husband family and stigmatisation back home and my children will be exploited and also my little daughter who is deaf and attends special needs school here.
In the letter I was asked to bring passport photographs of me and my dependent to the interview,is this normal?
Thanks.
Hello again,
I have had my substantive interview but I've been soo ill so I couldn't update. My interview lasted for 8 hours😰 and the interviewer asked me 402 questions and I only had one break. She didn't even consider the fact that I was pregnant. I could tell she's incapable and probably new because majority of the questions she was asking was not really based on my claim( just a bit) but just mainly travel history. She even made soo many mistakes that I had to correct her during the interview. She also said she's not the one making the decision but someone else so now I basically feel like my claim and my children will be refused😭because the transcript was soo poor.
I'm I just freaking out?
Or do anyone think that the caseworker will really consider my case to see the positives?😬
Wow!! That is so long. Do not loose hope as I am sure you have done the best that you could do. Now leave it all to God if you believe in him. I wish you all the best as you have truly been through so much. May you be granted your wishes. God bless

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:47 pm

Tina28 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:07 pm
Sam makh wrote:
[quote=Tina28 post_id=<a href="tel:1820028">1820028</a> time=<a href="tel:1567258902">1567258902</a> user_id=223383]
Hi tina28
I did my main interview in Solihull. They also send my an enrolment to do the biometric, so did the biometric before the main interview at the same day. The interview took about 4 hours with one break as I brought a child with me. There was a daycare for people who bring child with them as they are not allow children in the interview. The lady in the daycare also said mostly the interviews last for about 4 hours (starts at 10am finished at 2pm) and they rarely call you for another interview. The questions where about why you claim asylum, travel history and current situation. After the interview They will give you a flask disk consist of the transcript and audio recorder from your interview. And gave me 5 days to send new evidences. So now waiting for the decision, how long would you think is the decision for a new asylum claim?
[/quote]

How much notice where you given before your interview, weeks or days?

Congratulations on completing this stage. I am a bit scared of this interview if am honest. I hope your decision is super quick for you.

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:57 pm

Khatoon82 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:47 pm
Hi everyone

I applied for asylum all appeal rights exhausted then did my further submissions in Liverpool on child 7 year route got 4 children one uk born and three back home all been here for over 8 years. I did my further submissions on 22 November 2018 no contact from home office after that . I live in home office property and getting Nass support . Someone told me that they only take 2-3 months if you are on Nass and apply via child 7 years route , anyone can help.
I am stressed and guidance will be highly appreciated thanks
Hi Khatoon82, please share how you went about submitting your further submissions in Liverpool based on 7 year route, i.e the whole procedure from start to finish. Thanks

John200101
Newly Registered

Post by John200101 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:09 pm

rina wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:41 pm
John200101 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:34 pm
John200101 wrote:
Hello guys,
Thanks.
Hello again,
I'm I just freaking out?
Wow!! That is so long. Do not loose hope as I am sure you have done the best that you could do. Now leave it all to God if you believe in him. I wish you all the best as you have truly been through so much. May you be granted your wishes. God bless
Thanks. I'm sure the lord sees my pain and struggles.
It's all waiting game now. Hopefully they decide within 6 months🤷🏽‍♀️.

Sam makh
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sam makh » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:26 am

Tina28 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:07 pm
Sam makh wrote:
Hi tina28
[/quote]

Hi
Tina 28
I am not sure about decision time, but my personal thinking as i read many asylum claim post and discuss with my soliciter, decision time maybe between another 3 to 6 month, maybe be case work make decision earlier,
I hope you got positive decision asap 🙏

If you don’t mind can you tell little story about your claim
So it can be help myself and rina where we are stand at the moment,
Because I think home office invited for main interview according to your claim how serious is, there’s many people who waiting for main interview over years,

Indu2
Sri Lanka

Post by Indu2 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:02 pm

Indu2 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:37 pm
munirabid wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:07 pm
Indu2 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:46 pm
munirabid wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:42 pm

JR always fifty fifty , so wait for HO to reply pre action Protocol.
Hi munirabid
Yeah let’s see hopefully I will get it
Thanks
seek advice from your solicitor.

JR is very expensive , its take too long , just wait for HO to reply for Pre action

tell me what basis of your Further Submission? and why HO refused ? So may I will and somebody other can help you.
Hi munirabid
I did fresh claim based on human right and I had some problems with back home they say we did not happy with you fresh claim and etc We already sent pre action so if didn’t work I have to go for jr

Thanks munirabid
Hi munirabid
I got appeal rights last week do you know how long they will take to go to the other court please let me know
thanks munirabid