ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long a holiday can you take on spouse visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Edwardo
Mood:

How long a holiday can you take on spouse visa?

Post by Edwardo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:08 pm

My wife would like to go home for about 80 days (she is on the spouse visa, been here a year) and while we seem to be getting information 'no more than 90 days in a year' I'd like to check if that is true (90 days max) and - critically - is that a calendar year (Jan- Dec) or the UK tax year (April to April ) or....from when you arrived, in her case October last year? (So Oct-Oct)

Thanks as always.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long a holiday can you take on spouse visa?

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:14 pm

There is NO absence limit for spouse visa holders.

Not sure where you are getting your 'information', but it is wholly incorrect.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

usasunshine23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by usasunshine23 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:36 pm

From the advice I got from a solicitor they said it does not matter. I am temp living in Australia and I am fine to go back to the UK as long as my visa does not expire at entry

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:19 am

usasunshine23 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:36 pm
From the advice I got from a solicitor they said it does not matter. I am temp living in Australia and I am fine to go back to the UK as long as my visa does not expire at entry
Despite there is no absence threshold for spouse visa holders but longer absence can affect the generation of cohabitation evidences which are vitally needed for extension.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

usasunshine23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by usasunshine23 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:58 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:19 am
usasunshine23 wrote:
Despite there is no absence threshold for spouse visa holders but longer absence can affect the generation of cohabitation evidences which are vitally needed for extension.
yeah but if I have a genuine relationship with my husband, have my son who is 6 months, and have enough supporting evidence, and enough financials Im sure ill be ok - no guarantees of course

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:01 am

usasunshine23 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:58 am
seagul wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:19 am
usasunshine23 wrote:
yeah but if I have a genuine relationship with my husband, have my son who is 6 months, and have enough supporting evidence, and enough financials Im sure ill be ok - no guarantees of course
@usasunshine23 Your situation is different to the OP's. In posting your questions in this thread you are causing confusion. Please continue to post in your own topic.
immigration-for-family-members/australi ... l#p1842449
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.