ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O Online Application Form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Re: SET O Online Application Form

Post by Kurdi » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:38 pm

Dear Zimba,

Thank you for your reply. I have read that from official document back in September that from 6 October 2019 the new changes will be applied. I am quoting the below section from workpermit.com and I shared the link above.

"Absence from the UK counted towards Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) applicants will no longer apply to Tier 2 PhD level migrants involved in overseas research projects directly linked to their employment. Dependent partners accompanying the main Tier 2 visa holder will also be exempt from this rule. "

Could you please confirm this is the case?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:49 pm

Point 263 on page 62 states it and what evidence you need and criteria relevant to be exempt.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... r-2-worker

How long was your absence(s) and what are the details?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:54 pm

Thank you very much for the reference. My absence was research related to my employment overseas for more than 2 years in total. I assume proving a letter from employer to confirm that they agreed to my absence should be okay.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:01 pm

How long was your absence is what I asked??

Where did you receive your salary payments?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:21 am

My absences were many, but longest ones were 160 days and 1 year. I received my salary payments from the UK.

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Dear Moderators,

I have completed PhD degree in the UK. Will my PhD certificate be sufficient for English proof while applying for ILR under Tier 2 General 5 years route?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Kurdi wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:31 pm
Dear Moderators,

I have completed PhD degree in the UK. Will my PhD certificate be sufficient for English proof while applying for ILR under Tier 2 General 5 years route?

Thanks
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)