ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage certificate as 2 years of cohab doc?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pouria
Newly Registered

Change new passport

Post by Pouria » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:41 am

Hi all,

My passport has only 3 blank pages left and expires in one year. I am traveling soon and soon would be left with no blank pages! My questions are:

Am I allowed to change passport whilst on tier 2?

If yes, can you please send me the link?

Best regards

P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change new passport

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:18 am

Am I allowed to change passport whilst on tier 2?
Why wouldn't you be allowed to?? This has nothing to do with immigration rules or HO.
If yes, can you please send me the link?
Contact your country embassy!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pouria
Newly Registered

Post by Pouria » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:56 am

Thanks for your prompt response. I mean how should I inform the HO my new passport details?

Also, I have a newborn baby who is born in England, do I have to inform HO of his birth? If yes, kindly share the link.

I was previously advised in this forum that if I don’t take my baby out of the UK I don’t need to apply for visa for him and can apply British passport once I receive ILR. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance
P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:22 am

Thanks for your prompt response. I mean how should I inform the HO my new passport details?
Your previous post from September suggested you were applying for ILR in October/November?? Have you done this??
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-for-newb ... l#p1822733
Also, I have a newborn baby who is born in England, do I have to inform HO of his birth? If yes, kindly share the link.
No!!
I was previously advised in this forum that if I don’t take my baby out of the UK I don’t need to apply for visa for him and can apply British passport once I receive ILR. Is this correct?
Only a British Citizen can apply for a British passport. Your child is NOT a British citizen yet. You were also advised in the post link above that you can register the child as British once either parent gets ILR and a link to the guidance was provided. A passport application is separate and after registering the child as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pouria
Newly Registered

Post by Pouria » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:51 am

I have not applied for ILR as my passport only has a couple of blank pages... I want to get a new passport and then apply for ILR.

If I understood correctly from your comments, I do not need to inform HO on the birth of my baby. Also , I don’t need to apply for visa dependant visa for my baby and can apply for his citizenship after I receive the ILR! Is this correct?

Best regards
P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:53 am

I have not applied for ILR as my passport only has a couple of blank pages... I want to get a new passport and then apply for ILR.
You simply need a valid passport. There is NO requirement to have x number of blank pages for ILR. ILR is not stamped in your passport.
If I understood correctly from your comments, I do not need to inform HO on the birth of my baby.

No.
Also , I don’t need to apply for visa dependant visa for my baby and can apply for his citizenship after I receive the ILR! Is this correct?
Correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Pouria
Newly Registered

Should I include my UK born baby in my ILR application?

Post by Pouria » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:06 pm

Dear advisors,

I am completing the ILR form and reached the step that asks add dependants. I am adding my wife’s details in my application but can you please advise if I need to include my baby (who UK born) in our application?

Previously I was advised in here not to include my baby as he is entitled to apply for citizenship as soon as my wife and I receive our ILR. However, the form is asking us about my wife maternity leave and asks to add dependant children!? Please advise whether to add my baby details for ILR or not

Thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Should I include my UK born baby in my ILR application?

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:41 pm

Pouria wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:06 pm
Dear advisors,

I am completing the ILR form and reached the step that asks add dependants. I am adding my wife’s details in my application but can you please advise if I need to include my baby (who UK born) in our application?

Previously I was advised in here not to include my baby as he is entitled to apply for citizenship as soon as my wife and I receive our ILR. However, the form is asking us about my wife maternity leave and asks to add dependant children!? Please advise whether to add my baby details for ILR or not

Thanks in advance
You dont have to apply for ILR for your UK born child. However, if the form asks about any non-applying dependents or dependents you should list child’s name there. That question has nothing to do with applying for child’s ILR.

Also, note, its a normal practice that HO writes and asks about why you have not applied for your child. Its to safeguard children safety. In case HO writes you later in the processing, simply state you will register your child as a BC after you get your ILR.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Pouria
Newly Registered

Marriage certificate as 2 years of cohab doc?

Post by Pouria » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi,

Can you please advise if I can submit my marriage certificate as co habit certificate? My wife and I don’t have any other evidence!

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Marriage certificate as 2 years of cohab doc?

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:55 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Marriage certificate as 2 years of cohab doc?

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:55 pm

Pouria wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:53 pm
Hi,

Can you please advise if I can submit my marriage certificate as co habit certificate? My wife and I don’t have any other evidence!

Thanks in advance
A single document, i.e. marriage cert, is NOT sufficient.

You need 3 to 6 different source in both your names for the last two years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)