ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I stop wife from entering UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Can I stop wife from entering UK

Post by 01484 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:32 pm

My wife has another boyfriend and she is planning of leaving me and going off with her new boyfriend.
I have 4 kids aged 6,9,12 and 16.
She doesn't look after the kids properly and take care of them. They want to stay with me.
She has been in the UK for 16 years from Pakistan.
She has got a Pakistani green passport with a permanent visa in which is required for her to enter the UK.
She does not have a British passport.
She is currently in Pakistan.
Is there anyway I can stop her from coming back into the UK.
If I get rid of her passport with the visa stamp in will she be able to make another one? If yes how long would it take?
Will it require my consent for the visa/passport.

Thanks for your help

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Can I stop wife from entering UK

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:45 pm

01484 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:32 pm
If I get rid of her passport with the visa stamp in will she be able to make another one?
You mean stealing/snatching her passport which is a crime although you are sponsor.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:53 pm

If she holds ilr then there isn't much you can do and she is not dependent on you for her to be able to stay in the UK.

If she reports her passport and ilr as lost or stolen, she can get a replacement to enter the UK.

If she holds ilr, she doesn't need your consent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:07 am

01484 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:32 pm
She has got a Pakistani green passport with a permanent visa in which is required for her to enter the UK.
If she has acquired a permanent visa (I presume you mean ILR), she is independent of you for immigration purposes and indeed can sponsor her boyfriend to the UK on the same terms as a British citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

hashim1
BANNED

Post by hashim1 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:17 pm

How long is she been in Pakistan? I think ILR expires after 2 years out of the country

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:59 pm

RobBrad wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:05 pm
I note that this is your first post on the forum. Please desist from making judgemental and disrespectful comments. Your post has quite rightly been removed by a fellow moderator,
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

RobBrad
Newly Registered

Post by RobBrad » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:14 pm

Casa, apologies, I will desist.

The original poster has asked if he can stop his wife returning by stealing and destroying her passport.

Surely this merits an outright ban? Surely this forum doesn't want to help facilitate criminal and abusive behaviour?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:06 am

RobBrad wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:14 pm
Surely this forum doesn't want to help facilitate criminal and abusive behaviour?
The forum is hardly 'facilitating criminal and abusive behaviour' when the OP has already been advised by a member of this board that to do so would be a criminal offence.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.