ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Collection for Spouse (PBS dependant)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rahulsrivastv
Newly Registered

BRP Collection for Spouse (PBS dependant)

Post by rahulsrivastv » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:30 pm

I am staying in UK for over 6 months under Tier 2 General VISA. My wife dependent visa will be arriving soon.
Unfortunately she is unable to come to UK for collecting her BRP.
As per this link BRP Collection she can nominate me to collect on her behalf stating the health reason with medical proof.

Please let me know the following if Home Office allow me to collect it
1) Will it mean her VISA gets activated ?
2) Can she travel after her Vignettes Sticker validity (within her VISA validity i.e 3 years from now)
3) Will there be an issue at Border Security when the find she has her BRP without Entry Stamp in her VISA/Passport.
3) Can someone share their experience / is there any other complication with this approach

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP Collection for Spouse (PBS dependant)

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:48 am

1. She needs her passport to collect the brp with the entry stamp on her visa vignette. This is what activates her visa.

2. No, she must apply for a visa vignette with a different date validity. It costs almost £200. She must arrive within 30 days and collect her brp within 10 days of arriving.

3. No idea

Nominating someone is likely only possible for an adult if they have arrived in the UK already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rahulsrivastv
Newly Registered

Post by rahulsrivastv » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:32 am

I believe I was not clear with my question.
I understand how normal process work I was specifically asking what happen (NEXT) if I collect BRP for my spouse.
CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:48 am
1. She needs her passport to collect the brp with the entry stamp on her visa vignette. This is what activates her visa.
Nominating someone is likely only possible for an adult if they have arrived in the UK already.
a) Will her VISA be activated if I collected BRP ?
CR001 wrote:

2. No, she must apply for a visa vignette with a different date validity. It costs almost £200. She must arrive within 30 days and collect her brp within 10 days of arriving.
b) How can she collect it again as I mentioned above I am going to collect her BRP
CR001 wrote:
Yes, I am an adult with Valid Tier 2 General VISA and staying in UK over 6 months

Hopefully it must have clarified my question

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:35 am

rahulsrivastv wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:32 am
I believe I was not clear with my question.
I understand how normal process work I was specifically asking what happen (NEXT) if I collect BRP for my spouse.
CR001 wrote:
a) Will her VISA be activated if I collected BRP ?
CR001 wrote:

b) How can she collect it again as I mentioned above I am going to collect her BRP
CR001 wrote:
Yes, I am an adult with Valid Tier 2 General VISA and staying in UK over 6 months

Hopefully it must have clarified my question
Clear enough for me to understand!!

1. When does she plan on entering the UK?? What are the visa valid from and expiry dates in her 30 day visa vignette.

2. She needs to show her passport and entry stamp when collecting her BRP card.

3. I was referring to HER being the adult and being in the UK and unable to collect it. Not you being an adult in the UK!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rahulsrivastv
Newly Registered

Post by rahulsrivastv » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:20 am

When does she plan on entering the UK?? What are the visa valid from and expiry dates in her 30 day visa vignette
Probably 3 months post her vignette expired.
She needs to show her passport and entry stamp when collecting her BRP card.
As I mentioned earlier her BRP will be collected me.Hence no reason for her trying to collect it again
I will be sending the BRP either personally or via Post.
When she travels to UK in 3 months she can show that BRP at Border Security
Will it work ??
I was referring to HER being the adult and being in the UK and unable to collect it. Not you being an adult in the UK!
No she is outside UK and unable to come here in time. Hence the reason I am collecting her BRP

As her BRP is collected by me in theory it must activate her VISA and then vignette sticker validty should not matter. Please let me know if thats not true

rooney0511

Post by rooney0511 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:33 am

You keep asking the same silly questions again and again even after explaining clearly.

This is the scenario.

1. Your wife has a one-month visa vignette on her passport, before that expiry she needs to travel to the UK.

2. Once she comes into the UK, her BRP will be processed and she will be able to collect it in a few days after her arrival in the UK. ( This is normally a week after she is in UK )

3. Coming back again to your question, If she doesn't travel to the UK in that one month, then there is no BRP to collect.

4. You need to inform the Embassy for a later arrival date if your wife is not travelling in the one month she is supposed to ( I do not know the fee and procedure for that ).

5. So final conclusion, Without entering into the UK, no BRP.

rahulsrivastv
Newly Registered

Post by rahulsrivastv » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:40 am

If you read the Headline of my question it is not about BRP Collection process its about nomination process.
I am keep getting the same response explaining the above process.
Without entering into the UK, no BRP.
I believe that is not true as I can collect her BRP if she nomicates me .
https://www.biometric-residence-permit.service.gov.uk/someone-else/arrange
It is not mentioned anywhere that the person for whom I need to collect needs to be inside UK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:45 am

The link to nominate very clearly states you need the persons passport (with visa vignett which will have the entry stamp) whose BRP you are nominated (and HO approved) to collect, which clearly means it relates to a person who has already entered the UK within the 30 day visa vignette validity.

https://www.biometric-residence-permit. ... se/arrange
If the Home Office approves this request, a letter of authority will be posted. The person collecting your BRP must bring this letter, the identity document selected above and your passport containing the vignette (sticker) to the Post Office when they collect your BRP.
You will need to apply for a replacement visa vignette for when she will be travelling and then collect the BRP when she is in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)