ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What route do i have as options for me and my kids.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Unkown1234
Newly Registered
South Africa

What route do i have as options for me and my kids.

Post by Unkown1234 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:48 pm

I have a rather complicated situation and I am finding no one can really give me sound advise .
Basic details about applicants .
Me and two kids. We are originally from South Africa

I am illegal in this country since 2014 – Had an extremely abusive husband who tore my documents and passport and I could not leave
Had my baby here in 2014 too.
She is 6 years old, born here

My son is 16 years old on his father’s visa as his father is married to an EU citizen however their relationship broke off and she left the country
My sons south African passport is expired and the EEA visa expired in June last year .
We have applied for his unabridged birth certificate from South African and got that but because of this lockdown everything is on hold.

I need to know what options do I have please and would appreciate any guidance and assistance I can get .

Kind Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: What route do i have as options for me and my kids.

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:12 pm

Unkown1234 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:48 pm

I need to know what options do I have please and would appreciate any guidance and assistance I can get .

Kind Regards
Better to return back home. For this purpose you might get assistance:

https://www.gov.uk/return-home-voluntarily
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Unkown1234
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Unkown1234 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:34 am

We cant do that ,my daughter is born here and i cant register her as a south african without her fathers permission and signatures

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:12 am

Unkown1234 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:34 am
We cant do that ,my daughter is born here and i cant register her as a south african without her fathers permission and signatures
You need to seek a legal advice. If your daughter was born here in the UK? Is the father not British citizen or settled when she was born?

If your abusive husband tore all your important documents, did you report this incident to the police? Have you tried to properly legalised your stay in the UK?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:21 am

Unkown1234 wrote:
Many countries have similar procedure of registering births but also have the alternatives where these still can be registered in the absence of one partner. Also remember that UKVI can deport an overstayer with several years of ban to reenter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:54 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:21 am
Unkown1234 wrote:
Many countries have similar procedure of registering births but also have the alternatives where these still can be registered in the absence of one partner. Also remember that UKVI can deport an overstayer with several years of ban to reenter.
it is not possible to register a child as South African without both parents consent if both parents are named on the birth certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:20 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:54 am
seagul wrote:
Unkown1234 wrote:
it is not possible to register a child as South African without both parents consent if both parents are named on the birth certificate.
Then maybe south africa in world only has such exception but most countries do have alternative.
But that would not give any basis to stay in UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:30 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:20 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:54 am
seagul wrote:
Unkown1234 wrote:
Then maybe south africa in world only has such exception but most countries do have alternative.
But that would not give any basis to stay in UK.
South Africa has a lot of child abductions and child trafficking issues, so they are strict.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:19 pm

@CR001, if both the child's parents are South African, and the child can't be registered as a British citizen, will that make the child stateless?

To the OP; if both parents of the child do not have any citizenship other than South African, and the father is unwilling to register the child as a South African citizen, the child may be stateless.

As the child was born in the UK and has lived in the UK for the past five years(presumably), they can be registered as a British citizen using Form S3. Read Guide S from Page 5 onwards for more information about the requirements.

As for the 16 year old son, his right to reside in the UK may depend on how long the father's relationship with the EEA citizen lasted, what was the kind of relationship between the father and the EEA citizen(were they married or just in a relationship akin to marriage), and whether the EEA citizen divorced the father before leaving the UK or not.

When did you and your son arrive in the UK? How long has your son resided in the UK legally?

As for you, do you stay with the father? What was the original basis of your arrival in the UK? Were you married to the father when you arrived in the UK?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.