ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

eke123
Nigeria

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by eke123 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:41 pm

khannn99 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:17 pm
eke123 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:32 pm
khannn99 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:11 pm
Hi guys .. can anyone please tell me
If i can apply to EU SETTLEd/pre settled status as spouse of EU citizen. We both live in the UK and she works here. previously i got refused a residence card under EU Fm case back in 2018. Is it possible to apply under EU settled/pre settled status without any residence card or valid visa.

We are married and have a Polish marriage certificate. Along with certified english translation .

It's possible
Are you married or are you in a durable relationship
Please read the guidelines below

EU Settlement Scheme: evidence of relationship to an EU citizen

If you hold a valid document which confirms your right of permanent residence in the UK

You’ll not need to provide any evidence about your family relationship to an EU citizen if you have a valid permanent residence card issued to you under the EEA Regulations on the basis of your family relationship to that EU citizen.

If you hold a residence card as the family member of an EU citizen

If you have a valid biometric residence card (BRC) as a family member of an EU citizen which does not confirm your right of permanent residence in the UK, this will be accepted as evidence of your relationship to that person if it was issued to you on the basis of that relationship and that relationship continues to exist (or did so for the period of residence relied upon).

You can tell if it’s the right type of BRC if:

on the back it says ‘EU Right to Reside’at the bottom it says ‘Residence card of a Family member of a union citizen’ or ‘Residence card issued under the EEA regulations’

You’ll also need to provide evidence of:

the identity and nationality of that EU citizenthe continuous UK residence of that EU citizen

You’ll need to provide evidence of your family relationship to an EU citizen resident in the UK if:

your BRC was not issued to prove your family relationship to an EU citizenyour BRC was issued to prove your family relationship to an EU citizen but you’re now relying on a family relationship with a different EU citizenyou do not have a BRC

Documents you must provide to show evidence of your relationship to an EU citizen

You can upload evidence of your relationship in your application. This evidence can be scans or photos of documents. The Home Office can require you to submit the original document where it has reasonable doubt as to the authenticity of the copy relied upon.

If you’re their spouse or civil partner

You’ll only need to provide this evidence if you do not have a relevant document issued to you on the basis that you’re the EU citizen’s spouse or civil partner.

A relevant document here includes:

a family permita residence card

You must provide evidence of your marriage or civil partnership. Accepted forms of evidence include:

a valid document of record of a marriage or civil partnership recognised under the law of England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, such as a marriage or civil partnership certificatea valid overseas registration document for a same sex relationship which is entitled to be treated as a civil partnership under the Civil Partnership Act 2004

If you’re their unmarried (durable) partner

You must hold a relevant document issued to you under the EEA Regulations on the basis that you’re the durable partner of an EU citizen.

a family permit
a residence card

You must provide evidence that your durable partnership with the EU citizen continues to subsist.

The list below gives some examples but is not exhaustive. Each case will be considered on a case by case basis.

Evidence that you’ve lived together for at least the past 2 years:

bank statements or utility bills in joint names at the same addressresidential mortgage statement or tenancy agreement in joint namesofficial correspondence that links you at the same address

Evidence of joint finances, business ventures or commitments for at least the past 2 years:

tax returns, business contracts or investments

Evidence of joint responsibility for a child:

the child’s birth certificate which names both parentsa custody agreement showing that you’re living together and sharing parental responsibility
So you can apply
But it's better your wife applies first through the app.
Since she's EU it won't take long for hers to be granted and then you can apply online using your valid passport to prove your identity and also linking your application to hers ie when you're applying online for yours there's a place you'll need to enter her application number to make it easier for Home office to know it's you and I also believe you have NI number.
The app your wife need to apply with is called EU Exit:ID Document Checker and you can download it from Android play store version 6 and above and also on idiot-phone 7 and above. It's simple to use, hopefully she'll get hers withing a week or two and then you can apply.
I hope this helps.
All the best man.

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:24 pm

eke123 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:41 pm
khannn99 wrote:
eke123 wrote:
khannn99 wrote:
If i can apply to EU SETTLEd/pre settled status as spouse of EU citizen. We both live in the UK and she works here. previously i got refused a residence card under EU Fm case back in 2018. Is it possible to apply under EU settled/pre settled status without any residence card or valid visa.

We are married and have a Polish marriage certificate. Along with certified english translation .

It's possible
Are you married or are you in a durable relationship
Please read the guidelines below

EU Settlement Scheme: evidence of relationship to an EU citizen

If you hold a valid document which confirms your right of permanent residence in the UK

You’ll not need to provide any evidence about your family relationship to an EU citizen if you have a valid permanent residence card issued to you under the EEA Regulations on the basis of your family relationship to that EU citizen.

If you hold a residence card as the family member of an EU citizen

If you have a valid biometric residence card (BRC) as a family member of an EU citizen which does not confirm your right of permanent residence in the UK, this will be accepted as evidence of your relationship to that person if it was issued to you on the basis of that relationship and that relationship continues to exist (or did so for the period of residence relied upon).

You can tell if it’s the right type of BRC if:

on the back it says ‘EU Right to Reside’at the bottom it says ‘Residence card of a Family member of a union citizen’ or ‘Residence card issued under the EEA regulations’

You’ll also need to provide evidence of:

the identity and nationality of that EU citizenthe continuous UK residence of that EU citizen

You’ll need to provide evidence of your family relationship to an EU citizen resident in the UK if:

your BRC was not issued to prove your family relationship to an EU citizenyour BRC was issued to prove your family relationship to an EU citizen but you’re now relying on a family relationship with a different EU citizenyou do not have a BRC

Documents you must provide to show evidence of your relationship to an EU citizen

You can upload evidence of your relationship in your application. This evidence can be scans or photos of documents. The Home Office can require you to submit the original document where it has reasonable doubt as to the authenticity of the copy relied upon.

If you’re their spouse or civil partner

You’ll only need to provide this evidence if you do not have a relevant document issued to you on the basis that you’re the EU citizen’s spouse or civil partner.

a family permita residence card

You must provide evidence of your marriage or civil partnership. Accepted forms of evidence include:

a valid document of record of a marriage or civil partnership recognised under the law of England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, such as a marriage or civil partnership certificatea valid overseas registration document for a same sex relationship which is entitled to be treated as a civil partnership under the Civil Partnership Act 2004

If you’re their unmarried (durable) partner

You must hold a relevant document issued to you under the EEA Regulations on the basis that you’re the durable partner of an EU citizen.

a family permit
a residence card

You must provide evidence that your durable partnership with the EU citizen continues to subsist.

The list below gives some examples but is not exhaustive. Each case will be considered on a case by case basis.

Evidence that you’ve lived together for at least the past 2 years:

bank statements or utility bills in joint names at the same addressresidential mortgage statement or tenancy agreement in joint namesofficial correspondence that links you at the same address

Evidence of joint finances, business ventures or commitments for at least the past 2 years:

tax returns, business contracts or investments

Evidence of joint responsibility for a child:

the child’s birth certificate which names both parentsa custody agreement showing that you’re living together and sharing parental responsibility
So you can apply
Since she's EU it won't take long for hers to be granted and then you can apply online using your valid passport to prove your identity and also linking your application to hers ie when you're applying online for yours there's a place you'll need to enter her application number to make it easier for Home office to know it's you and I also believe you have NI number.
The app your wife need to apply with is called EU Exit:ID Document Checker and you can download it from Android play store version 6 and above and also on idiot-phone 7 and above. It's simple to use, hopefully she'll get hers withing a week or two and then you can apply.
I hope this helps.
All the best man.
Sorry idiot-phone 7 I mean
It's a typing mistake

khannn99
Mood:

Post by khannn99 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:27 pm

eke123 wrote:
khannn99 wrote:
eke123 wrote:
khannn99 wrote:
So you can apply
I hope this helps.
All the best man.
Thank you for ur response. My wife has already applied yesterday, but I can't apply online as u either need an eu passport/Id or a BRC to apply.. i think mine will be through post?

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:49 pm

khannn99 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:27 pm
eke123 wrote:
khannn99 wrote:
eke123 wrote:

So you can apply
I hope this helps.
All the best man.
Thank you for ur response. My wife has already applied yesterday, but I can't apply online as u either need an eu passport/Id or a BRC to apply.. i think mine will be through post?
Yes it's true
Sorry for the mistake above it keeps reoccurring
Anyways yes it's by post but you won't be posting anything unless HO ask you to, everything is done on the Internet just that you'll select prove my identity by post and then you enter your passport details fill out all the different sections, upload your documents and book your Biometrics.
Home office may not even ask you to post anything once they confirm your identity using your passport.

bwunmi

Post by bwunmi » Mon May 18, 2020 1:24 am

minttie wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:09 pm
Thanks to everyone that mentioned “write to MP” in this thread! I’ve sent an email to mine, fingers crossed.
Hi,could you please share a copy of the letter you sent ,if you don't mind. I would like to contact my MP as well. I applied August 2019 and still haven't heard anything from them.
Thanks

minttie
China

Post by minttie » Mon May 18, 2020 10:40 am

Hey i just started with “can an inquiry be made into my case under EU Settlement Scheme please” then quote my application ref. Talked around the timeline of my husband’s and mine, and a bit of background story of our immigration status and work situation. Don’t forget to detail your full name, address, phone number, so that the office of MP would know you are in their area.

I just got a response from the MP office saying they will write to Home Office but expect a response after 20 working days or even longer due to the current crisis.

minttie
China

Post by minttie » Mon May 18, 2020 11:03 am

bwunmi wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:24 am
minttie wrote:
Thanks to everyone that mentioned “write to MP” in this thread! I’ve sent an email to mine, fingers crossed.
Hi,could you please share a copy of the letter you sent ,if you don't mind. I would like to contact my MP as well. I applied August 2019 and still haven't heard anything from them.
Thanks
Sorry replied in the previous post without quoting

MuhammadM86
Mood:

Post by MuhammadM86 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi BGB
No Problem, I know how it feels. That should be enough for now, trust me if they need any additional documents they will get in touch. Let me know what happen with you?
BGB wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:45 am
MuhammadM86 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:44 pm
Yes you should be fine. I have done the same with my wife. She is Polish and got British nationality last year and I was still able to apply as she is my sponsor and got the paper work last month

quote=BGB post_id=1898137 time=1589096938 user_id=235489]
Misfits wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:09 am
Hi BGN ,

Your sister was born in England?
Hello,
Yes she was, but she was given a French passport from birth, because neither one of her parents were British she only received her British passport 2 years ago therefore she now has dual.
omg, thank you so much MuhammadM86 you have made me feel better about the whole situation. One question, should I upload both of her passports as ID or just one? As I’ve upload her British one as proof of ID, but I realised that I put her nationality as French and can’t change it. Should I just upload her french passport too?
[/quote]

EU_settlement2020
Newly Registered

Post by EU_settlement2020 » Mon May 18, 2020 7:23 pm

My time-line for application as a non-EU family member

Previously held EEA residence permit for 5 years and the relationship status had already been established.
Applied - 30/11/2019 using postal route since I didn't have BRC. Didn't have to send my Passport.
Biometrics - 30/11/2019
COA received - 12/12/2019
1st escalation - 20/02/2020
2nd escalation - 18/05/2020
Decision - 18/05/2020 (Settled status)

Over the last 6 months I have made numerous telephone calls and emails and it was a very harsh waiting time. My life was on the verge of collapse without the UK Visa and I was utterly frustrated and today I spoke to a supervisor. He was indeed a gentleman and he listened well and understood what I was going through. And said he couldn't promise anything but he would try his best to convey my frustration and escalate my case once again. Then in the afternoon I've got my settled status via an email. Please don't give up !!! I first thought my case was straight forward but it wasn't easy and COVID-19 crisis didn't help too. I must say this forum has been incredibly helpful during last 6 months. I found this way I could cope with stress, at least seeing other getting their status. So I wish everyone here all the best and hope yours will arrive soon too !!! :)

bwunmi

Post by bwunmi » Mon May 18, 2020 7:33 pm

minttie wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:03 am
bwunmi wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:24 am
minttie wrote:
Thanks
Sorry replied in the previous post without quoting
Hi.
Thank you so much for your help.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Mon May 18, 2020 7:42 pm

khannn99 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:16 pm
Alijee786 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:28 pm
khannn99 wrote:
If you are recognised married partner only then you can apply directly for EU Settlement Scheme.

What is a recognise partner? We are married and have a polish marriage certificate.
I meant proper registered marriage. Like HO do not accept religious marriages.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:42 pm
khannn99 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:16 pm
Alijee786 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:28 pm
khannn99 wrote:
If you are recognised married partner only then you can apply directly for EU Settlement Scheme.

What is a recognise partner? We are married and have a polish marriage certificate.
I meant proper registered marriage. Like HO do not accept religious marriages.
If you are legally married in Poland and the marriage is recognised in Poland, then you are married and no need to marry again in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lifeinpain101
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by lifeinpain101 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:40 am

Hello,

I just wanted to update you with my case:
Application submitted: 05/03/2020
Biometrics enrollement: 06/03/2020
CoA: 07/05/2020
Outcome: 19/05/2020 (pre-settled granted)

I applied on the basis of an EU settlement scheme Family permit as the spouse of an EU national who was already granted a pre-settled last year.

Best of luck for everybody and hope you all get your positive results soon.

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Tue May 19, 2020 3:54 pm

lifeinpain101 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:40 am
Hello,

I just wanted to update you with my case:
Application submitted: 05/03/2020
Biometrics enrollement: 06/03/2020
CoA: 07/05/2020
Outcome: 19/05/2020 (pre-settled granted)

I applied on the basis of an EU settlement scheme Family permit as the spouse of an EU national who was already granted a pre-settled last year.

Best of luck for everybody and hope you all get your positive results soon.
Congratulations!! Best of luck for the future.

I hope I have good news to share in the next few days.

Kalanyos niazi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Kalanyos niazi » Tue May 19, 2020 4:23 pm

Hey lifeinpain) congratulation for your good news and it really gives us some hope who shares there experience,and hopefully we get some good news in a few days
And is there any guy who has applied in march and have recieved any update That will be helpful if you guys share your experience as well.
My timeline:
I have submitted 08/03/2020
Biometric enrolled 11/03/2020
Coa recieved 06/05/2020
Final decision still waiting...
Thanks everyone

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Tue May 19, 2020 5:22 pm

Kalanyos niazi wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:23 pm
Hey lifeinpain) congratulation for your good news and it really gives us some hope who shares there experience,and hopefully we get some good news in a few days
And is there any guy who has applied in march and have recieved any update That will be helpful if you guys share your experience as well.
My timeline:
Coa recieved 06/05/2020
Thanks everyone
Biometrics: 06/Feb/2020
COA: 27/04/2020

Decision: still pending.

Kalanyos niazi
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Kalanyos niazi » Tue May 19, 2020 6:01 pm

OptimisticNow wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:22 pm
Kalanyos niazi wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:23 pm
My timeline:
Coa recieved 06/05/2020
Thanks everyone
Biometrics: 06/Feb/2020
COA: 27/04/2020

Decision: still pending.
Thanks for sharing your status

docado

Post by docado » Tue May 19, 2020 8:13 pm

monik175 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:47 pm
Hi Guys,

I am EEA and brought my Non-EEA mum on a EU Settlement Scheme FP. We applied for her pre-settled status and this is our time line:

Submitted application online: 31st Jan 2020
Biometrics appointment: 3rd Feb 2020
CoA received by email: 22nd Apr 2020
Final decision: Still waiting...

I have heard if the relationship to the EEA is not know to the home office it takes longer. Is that true ? Does that mean our application will take longer to be processed?

Has anyone applied for pre-settled status for dependant parents that can share their ?

Hi Monik175,
Any update so far?

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:05 am

Alijee786 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:18 pm
Hi
Anyone waiting since November or earlier ??? I applied mid November 2019 and despite several efforts still waiting. Everytime its the same answer i get “ its under process”
Yes. I've been waiting since July 2019. Several phone calls and emails. Still waiting. The latest home office Stats Shows that only 34% of Cases our family members has been dealt with.

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:21 am

asadaqeel wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 2:35 pm
Nasara1 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:55 pm
asadaqeel wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:10 am
Nasara1 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:31 pm

Yes .We divorced before I submitted my application.Documents included were my divorce certificate,bills bank statements for the three years that I lived with my ex-wife and an expired passport copy of hers.

Hi Nasara, are you divorced ? What documents did you provide them ? I applied as a seperated partner. I couldnt provide me ex valid id.

Thanks

Hi Nasara,

Did you hear anything about your application ? Any update ?

Thanks
Asad
NO Still waiting.

EU_settlement2020
Newly Registered

Post by EU_settlement2020 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 pm

Nasara1 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:21 am
asadaqeel wrote:
Nasara1 wrote:
asadaqeel wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:10 am

Hi Nasara, are you divorced ? What documents did you provide them ? I applied as a seperated partner. I couldnt provide me ex valid id.

Thanks

Hi Nasara,

Thanks
Asad
NO Still waiting.

Try speaking to a supervisor and explain your frustration and ask for another escalation. Just take your time to how this whole thing has affected you. I was on the verge of losing my job so I was depressed anyway so was on the call over 15 mins. I told them if our lives are destroyed while waiting for this visa, it's not even worth having it later. That's the only way I got mine. Talking only to the first line of contact doesn't do anything. Only the supervisor can convey information to your case worker. Specially if you're waiting over 6 months supervisors will assist you. Trust me !

settleMeAsap
Newly Registered
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by settleMeAsap » Wed May 20, 2020 8:46 pm

Hello guys i'm new to this forum.
i'm just getting ready to submit an application to the euss by post but i dont previously have a resident card.
I got married last year and my wife has got settled status.
But our marriage was done by proxy and properly registered with marriage certificate,registration document and an affidavit and proxy marriage by customary process is legal in my country Nigeria which is what we did and i also have a child with her.
does anyone know if this will be accepted and rhe status ill get.
by the way ive been in the UK since 2014
im very confused and need opinions please
thanks a lot

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:10 pm

EU_settlement2020 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 pm
Nasara1 wrote:
asadaqeel wrote:
Nasara1 wrote:

Hi Nasara,

Thanks
Asad
NO Still waiting.

Try speaking to a supervisor and explain your frustration and ask for another escalation. Just take your time to how this whole thing has affected you. I was on the verge of losing my job so I was depressed anyway so was on the call over 15 mins. I told them if our lives are destroyed while waiting for this visa, it's not even worth having it later. That's the only way I got mine. Talking only to the first line of contact doesn't do anything. Only the supervisor can convey information to your case worker. Specially if you're waiting over 6 months supervisors will assist you. Trust me !
I called aswell but the rep refused to transfer the call to a supervisor saying we are working from home and under current situation it is not possible to forward the call or escalate the case !!

Saa123
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Saa123 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:41 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:10 pm
EU_settlement2020 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 pm
Nasara1 wrote:
asadaqeel wrote:

Hi Nasara,

Thanks
Asad
NO Still waiting.

I called aswell but the rep refused to transfer the call to a supervisor saying we are working from home and under current situation it is not possible to forward the call or escalate the case !!

I have called them yesterday I spoke to rep and he said no point to escalate your case because they wiring on it and you will here very soon
Finger cross sometimes positive will happen Isa

samejaz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by samejaz » Thu May 21, 2020 3:23 am

Hi , me and my brother came from Italy and we have Italian permanent residence card from italy.My father moved to Uk last year and he has italian citizenship and we are from Pakistan Originally.we came to uk in January 2020 with 6 month visit visa from Italy to join our father and my father has already pre settled status.
So we applied Eu Fm scheme.so here is our timeline;
Application Submitted online: 23/01/2020
Biometric Enrollment: Same day 23/01/2020
Coa received: 08/03/2020 n my brother received on 12/03/2020
Final Decision: Pending
But we did not emailed and called HO.
What do you think guys???
Thanks