ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Born child and Parents ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mzeeshanshakir
Newly Registered

UK Born child and Parents ILR

Post by mzeeshanshakir » Sun May 10, 2020 2:05 am

Hi
me and family is on Tier 2 and soon will be applying for ILR. I ve three chilren and one of the children born in UK back in 2008 when I was student here. Later I left UK in 2009 and now here again on Tier 2 with wife and all children and soon we all complete 5 years at the same time. I want to know if my UK born child in this case is eligible for naturalisation with out ILR if me and my wife get ILR through premium service along with other Non UK childrem ILR. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Born child and Parents ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:05 am

Children are registered. Only adults are naturalised.

Yes, a UK born child is entitled to apply to register as British once either parent is granted ilr.

Note their is no premium service at ukvi PSC centres anymore. It was discontinued in November 2018.

You have priority (£500) or super priority (£800) now, but both services are currently suspended due COVID and the ukcvas sopra steria biometric centres are closed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mzeeshanshakir
Newly Registered

Post by mzeeshanshakir » Fri May 15, 2020 12:08 am

thanks a lot

If we get ILR late and my son's current Tier 2 general dependant expires will he be over staying will he still be OK to apply for register ? how much time line matters?

Is there any document that says my son's case: he bron in UK and left UK and now again can be register for citizenship if parent gets ILR? or his exit has no relation here except our ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:25 am

If we get ILR late and my son's current Tier 2 general dependant expires will he be over staying will he still be OK to apply for register ? how much time line matters?
A UK born child has an entitlement to register, cannot be refused, and does not need a valid visa to apply for citizenship.
Is there any document that says my son's case: he bron in UK and left UK and now again can be register for citizenship if parent gets ILR? or his exit has no relation here except our ILR.
You are overthinking. A UK born child is entitled to register as British even if born in the UK and moved abroad. His leaving the UK for a period is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mzeeshanshakir
Newly Registered

Post by mzeeshanshakir » Thu May 21, 2020 2:13 pm

thank a lot for your kind help