ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Documents Checklist

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mashayekh_hosein

Spouse Status When Switch ILR to Citizenship

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:07 am

Hello,

I have recently received ILR in the UK through Tier-2 General. I have 2 questions regarding the spouse visa. I appreciate your help.

1- I would like to bring my future partner to the UK to live with each other. I want to ask if she can do the IELTS test now, and use it in summer for her visa application, or is there a specific time limit on when she can take the test? We are not married yet. She plans to take the 'IELTS General for UKVI' test instead of the 'IELTS Life Skills' test for a spouse visa. Hope this is OK?

2- I will apply for naturalization next year. This will be after she has received her spouse visa based on my ILR and has entered the UK. Will the change of my status from ILR to Naturalised Citizen have any impact on her visa, i.e. reset her clock for ILR? Do we have to do anything after my citizenship application approved?

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Status When Switch ILR to Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:18 am

1. English test is valid for 2 years. She needs the A1 life skills for a spouse visa.

2. Nothing to do. It is the same visa whether you hold ilr or citizenship.

Presumably you are marrying before you apply??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mashayekh_hosein

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:21 am

Thank you CR001 for your assistance. Yes, we have been long-distance so far, I plan to marry her in summer and then apply for spouse visa. I will naturalize next autumn.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:24 am

Spouse settlement visa then and you need to make sure you meet the financial requirements and adequate accommodation etc.

Current visa fee is £1523 plus £1200 IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mashayekh_hosein

Spouse Visa Documents Checklist

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:54 pm

Hello,

I am currently on ILR and am about to get married in April & would like to bring my wife to the UK to live with me. We have been in a long-distance relationship but have travelled with each 5 times in the past 2 years.

We are looking at preparation of necessary documents. Can you please check and let me know if we miss anything? Thank you.

1- Payslips and corresponding bank statements for the past 6 months confirming my salary of £40k
2- Her IELTS Life Skills A1 Pass Certificate
3- Tenancy agreement of my currently rented house plus pictures of the house in a separate document
4- Pictures of us in trips abroad to prove the relationship dating back to 2 years ago plus marriage ceremony pictures
5- Some Pictures of social media interactions, i.e. Whatsapp messages
6- My ILR BRP Scan
7- Overseas Marriage Certificate and its official translation

Please let me know if I have to prepare anything else as well?

Many Thanks.

mashayekh_hosein

Re: Spouse Visa Documents Checklist

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:39 pm

All,
I would be highly grateful if you could comment on whether the above list of documents are sufficient, or whether in your opinion I would need additional documents?
Appreciate your support.

mashayekh_hosein

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:02 pm

All,

Can you please refer to me a post where the list of documents necessary for Spouse visa is listed? I have gathered the below so far. Is it sufficient?

1- Payslips and corresponding bank statements for the past 6 months confirming my salary
2- Her IELTS Life Skills A1 Pass Certificate (taken 6 months ago)
3- Tenancy agreement of my currently rented house plus pictures of the house in a separate document
4- Pictures of us in trips abroad to prove the relationship dating back to 2 years ago plus marriage ceremony pictures
6- My ILR BRP Scan

Is any document missing?

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:08 pm

Check if she is from a country that as per HO she requires TB certificate.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:31 pm

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:02 pm
All,

Can you please refer to me a post where the list of documents necessary for Spouse visa is listed? I have gathered the below so far. Is it sufficient?

1- Payslips and corresponding bank statements for the past 6 months confirming my salary
2- Her IELTS Life Skills A1 Pass Certificate (taken 6 months ago)
6- My ILR BRP Scan

Is any document missing?

Thank you.

+

1. Employer letter

3. Landlord/estate agent noc letter
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.