ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation evidence for FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seahorse8

Cohabitation evidence for FLR(M)

Post by seahorse8 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:20 pm

askhans786 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:24 pm
Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years. See Note 11.
I am not doubting you for a moment, but I was just wondering where exactly does it say this in the guidance or on the Gov UK website? I could not find this information so am glad you have shared it here.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Cohabitation evidence for FLR(M)

Post by geoeng » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:33 am

seahorse8 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:20 pm
I am not doubting you for a moment, but I was just wondering where exactly does it say this in the guidance or on the Gov UK website? I could not find this information so am glad you have shared it here.
It's not particularly explicit but the online application form will generate it as required supporting evidence. It stems from paragraph E-LTRP.1.10. of Appendix FM which states:
The applicant and their partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK and, in any application for further leave to remain as a partner (except where the applicant is in the UK as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) and in any application for indefinite leave to remain as a partner, the applicant must provide evidence that, since entry clearance as a partner was granted under paragraph D-ECP1.1. or since the last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner, the applicant and their partner have lived together in the UK or there is good reason, consistent with a continuing intention to live together permanently in the UK, for any period in which they have not done so.
Here's a link to an archived version of the old paper application form (which is no longer used) where this requirement is discussed:

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:59 am

seahorse8 wrote:
askhans786 wrote:
Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years. See Note 11.
You will come across the information when filing the application form online.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:49 am

seahorse8 wrote:
askhans786 wrote:
FLR M form most often have this guidance but that is only applicable to those who are applying extension. Also that list is only illustrative which means that any documents either addressed in joint names or individual names even not in list can be used.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seahorse8

Post by seahorse8 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:26 pm

Thank you for your help everyone, much appreciated.

seahorse8

Post by seahorse8 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:23 pm

Another question about this sorry. I have been living with my husband since February 2018, and was granted my first Spouse Visa on 14 May 2018. I will be submitting my application for extension in October 2020. Do I need to submit correspondence dated from after May 2018, or from February 2018? The wording of the guidance is a bit confusing to me. Although it says a 'maximum of 2 years', so should it be from October 2018 onwards?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:32 pm

The two years (only two years) immediately preceding your date of application for an extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seahorse8

Post by seahorse8 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:45 pm

I have a question about using bank statements for my cohabitation evidence. At the moment I get my statements online, so I will need to order my statements online and have them posted to me. When my husband ordered his bank statements for my first Spouse Visa application, page 1 of each statement (which says 'please find your statements enclosed') had the date that they were ordered online, and then the subsequent pages of the statement had the date that they were originally generated (i.e. date on page 1 is 24 April 2018 when they were posted, date on page 2 etc is 17 September 2017 as this is the period the statement corresponds to). This wasn't a problem for my first application, as we were using the bank statements as evidence that his salary had been paid into his bank account. However, if we want to use bank statements for our cohabitation evidence, will it be a problem if page 1 of the statement does not have the date that they were originally generated, and is it also a problem that they were only just sent now? As they were not actually sent when they were generated, can I therefore not use these for my cohabitation evidence, as they were not actually posted to me when they were generated?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:26 pm

I have split your posts from the other users topics (which is NOT a general discussion topic). It is considered rude and unfair to other posters to hijack their threads.

Please keep all your questions in this topic only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seahorse8

Post by seahorse8 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:13 pm

Sorry that wasn't my intention :oops:

I was wondering if anyone can help with my question above?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri May 15, 2020 5:55 pm

seahorse8 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 5:45 pm
. However, if we want to use bank statements for our cohabitation evidence, will it be a problem if page 1 of the statement does not have the date that they were originally generated, and is it also a problem that they were only just sent now? As they were not actually sent when they were generated, can I therefore not use these for my cohabitation evidence, as they were not actually posted to me when they were generated?
Whenever the duplicate statements are being ordered then these always arrive with first letter dated with the latest date as when the request was executed due to security reason and the same will matter. Ideally excavate another source to replace it if possible otherwise if you are using online banking then may find all these statements with their innate date of generation in your portal usually held under the icon/button called "E-Documents".
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seahorse8

Post by seahorse8 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:13 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:55 pm
seahorse8 wrote:
. However, if we want to use bank statements for our cohabitation evidence, will it be a problem if page 1 of the statement does not have the date that they were originally generated, and is it also a problem that they were only just sent now? As they were not actually sent when they were generated, can I therefore not use these for my cohabitation evidence, as they were not actually posted to me when they were generated?
Whenever the duplicate statements are being ordered then these always arrive with first letter dated with the latest date as when the request was executed due to security reason and the same will matter. Ideally excavate another source to replace it if possible otherwise if you are using online banking then may find all these statements with their innate date of generation in your portal usually held under the icon/button called "E-Documents".
Hi seagul, thank you for your response. Yes, I have just checked my online statements, and these appear exactly the same as the ones that are posted out, so I presume I can use my online statements for evidence of cohabitation, and also obviously to show evidence that I meet the financial requirement. If this is the case then that would be very helpful, as I won't have to worry about ordering statements, and the dates will all be the original dates that the statements were generated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:32 pm

seahorse8 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:13 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:55 pm
seahorse8 wrote:
Hi seagul, thank you for your response. Yes, I have just checked my online statements, and these appear exactly the same as the ones that are posted out, so I presume I can use my online statements for evidence of cohabitation, and also obviously to show evidence that I meet the financial requirement. If this is the case then that would be very helpful, as I won't have to worry about ordering statements, and the dates will all be the original dates that the statements were generated.
Yes that's the case, you can use it.

seahorse8

Post by seahorse8 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:51 pm

I've just read Appendix FM-SE and it says:

(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

So I'll need to go to a branch and ask for a letter, or print them and get them stamped? If they are stamped with the date that they are stamped, will this cause problems, as it will then contradict the date of the statement itself :?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:17 pm

seahorse8 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:51 pm

(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

So I'll need to go to a branch and ask for a letter, or print them and get them stamped? If they are stamped with the date that they are stamped, will this cause problems, as it will then contradict the date of the statement itself :?
If you wish then can choose to go to branch for getting these be stamped. But in my view all these guidances haven't yet been updated and belongs to the time prior to the emergence of UKVCAS.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:21 pm

seahorse8 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:51 pm

No, you should not have a problem using it taking into consideration the prevailing circumstances of Covid-19.