ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa for UK citizens moving to Republic of Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

numero1111
Newly Registered

Spouse visa for UK citizens moving to Republic of Ireland

Post by numero1111 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:36 am

Hi there,
I have a UK passport and am moving to the rebel city Cork! My fiance who lives in India is moving to Ireland with me. Can she apply for a tourist visa and then switch to a spouse visa whilst living in Ireland ? Also, do I need to have a job or a minimum threshold of income before she can move ? I am not sure what the requirements are and unable to find much information online.. would be really grateful if someone can shed some light on this. Cheers!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa for UK citizens moving to Republic of Ireland

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:07 pm

I am not experienced with Irish immigration but I know Cork. I go there 5 or 6 times a year as I have an important client there.

This is a VERY expensive city. Most of the people I work with there cannot afford to live in Cork and they all rent/buy outside. Some 1 hour drive+ from Cork.

So make sure income is not an issue if you go there.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:16 pm

dipeshosharma wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:36 am
Hi there,
I have a UK passport and am moving to the rebel city Cork! My fiance who lives in India is moving to Ireland with me. Can she apply for a tourist visa and then switch to a spouse visa whilst living in Ireland ? Also, do I need to have a job or a minimum threshold of income before she can move ? I am not sure what the requirements are and unable to find much information online.. would be really grateful if someone can shed some light on this. Cheers!
A tourist visa will sometimes have a note on the visa saying "strictly no extension". She will not be able to apply to change her status if she holds a tourist visa.

She needs to apply for a Type C Join Spouse visa if you want to exercise your EU Treaty rights. Apparently that will go away very soon, so you should aim to start your fiancee's application ASAP.

numero1111
Newly Registered

Post by numero1111 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:39 am

Thank you to those who replied.

Does this advice still stand in the current pandemic.

Also, moderators, I am unable to edit my username or deactivate my profile- can this be done please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:31 am

dipeshosharma wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:39 am
Also, moderators, I am unable to edit my username or deactivate my profile- can this be done please?
There are specific topics to post these requests.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/comme ... 98583.html

https://www.immigrationboards.com/comme ... 92946.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:53 am

No, she cannot get a tourist visa, and she won't get an EUTR visa as a fiancee.

You need to wait until you are married and then apply for an EUTR visa as a spouse. You do not need to earn a certain amount, other than you need to properly employed and living full time in Ireland. You need to show that you are properly and genuinely married.