ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meeting financial requirements for FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tme
Newly Registered

FlR (M) visa extension enquiry

Post by Tme » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:48 pm

Hello All

We are due to apply for my husband's spouse visa extension in a few days and I had a question about my emloyment contract and was hoping someone here could help me with it.

I had been working full time with the NHS for a few months in 2018, so my contract states that I work full time. However since the birth of my daughter I came back to work part time and did not change my contract on paper. My payslips clearly shows that I work part time. I have asked my manager to state that I have been working part time since the time I was back from maternity leave and I also clarified it on the cover letter we will supply with the application. Do you think this going to be a problem? Or is it enough that I have clarified it in the letters?

Please answer ASAP as we are due to submit our documents soon.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FlR (M) visa extension enquiry

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:52 pm

Does your husband work and meeting the financial requirement?

Whose income are you relying on to meet the financial requirement?

There is no requirement to submit your employment contract. You simply need an employer letter detailing your employment details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Tme wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:48 pm
Hello All

We are due to apply for my husband's spouse visa extension in a few days and I had a question about my emloyment contract and was hoping someone here could help me with it.

I had been working full time with the NHS for a few months in 2018, so my contract states that I work full time. However since the birth of my daughter I came back to work part time and did not change my contract on paper. My payslips clearly shows that I work part time. I have asked my manager to state that I have been working part time since the time I was back from maternity leave and I also clarified it on the cover letter we will supply with the application. Do you think this going to be a problem? Or is it enough that I have clarified it in the letters?

Many thanks
No issue provided you are earning sufficiently after returning to work/until going on maternity leave. No contract document is required except an employer letter delineating all key information about the employment.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Tme
Newly Registered

Post by Tme » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:52 pm
Does your husband work and meeting the financial requirement?

Whose income are you relying on to meet the financial requirement?

There is no requirement to submit your employment contract. You simply need an employer letter detailing your employment details.
Thanks for replying so quick. We are relying on both our incomes to cover the financial requirement.

I am a little confused because " A signed contract of employment - for Mr (my husbands name)" and "A signed contract of employment - for Mrs (my name)" has been listed as part of the documents list at the end of the application!

We have also be asked to supply 12 months payslips not 6!

Tme
Newly Registered

Post by Tme » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:12 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 pm
Tme wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:48 pm
Hello All

Many thanks
No issue provided you are earning sufficiently after returning to work/until going on maternity leave. No contract document is required except an employer letter delineating all key information about the employment.
I am a little confused because " A signed contract of employment - for Mr (my husbands name)" and "A signed contract of employment - for Mrs (my name)" has been listed as part of the documents list at the end of the application!

We have also be asked to supply 12 months payslips not 6.

Also will these info be enough on the employer letter?
"A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming
1. the employment and my title ;
2. the gross annual salary;
3. how long the employment has been/was held;
4. the period over which the person has been paid the current salary
5. the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency); and
6. a confirmation that the payslips submitted by myself are genuine. (I will be submitting the payslips provided by the company)”

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Tme wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:12 pm

We have also be asked to supply 12 months payslips not 6.
Maybe you have selected those options which awakens category B.
Tme wrote:

Also will these info be enough on the employer letter?
"A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming
1. the employment and my title ;
2. the gross annual salary;
3. how long the employment has been/was held;
4. the period over which the person has been paid the current salary
5. the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency); and
6. a confirmation that the payslips submitted by myself are genuine. (I will be submitting the payslips provided by the company)”
Yes seems fine which perhaps even could be more robust if the information regarding your maternity leave will be added too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Tme
Newly Registered

Post by Tme » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:54 pm

Maybe you have selected those options which awakens category B.
Tme wrote:

Yes seems fine which perhaps even could be more robust if the information regarding your maternity leave will be added too.

Well for my husband I selected the option for earning that says he doesn't earn the same amout continuously, and the total anual income is below the requirement. To be honest he is only £200 under the threshold. But he earns a different amount each month as it depends on shift patterns. Maybe that's why. But together we should cover the income requirement.

I have also asked my manager to add a line that says I have returned back to work part time. Do you think I should ask her for a new contract or the letter should be enough?

Thanks a lot for your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Tme wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:54 pm
Do you think I should ask her for a new contract or the letter should be enough?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Employer letter is predominately important but no harm in trying to obtain the revised contract too for none-immigration matters too.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:36 pm

Tme wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:54 pm

But together we should cover the income requirement.
Then this is what should be selected on the application form.

Selecting 'below the requirement' may present a problem.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Tme
Newly Registered

Post by Tme » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:28 pm

Hello again

I was wondering about something else and hope that somebody can help me. I work with the NHS and my HR refused to include tgat my payslips are genuin saying that it should be enough that it is printed with the hospital logo on top.
In the employment letter listed on the application documents list it doesn't ask for the employer to include a confirmation about the authenticity of payslips, however I have seen people on the forum including it with their documents. Is this still a requirement? Or would payslips with hospital logo be enough?

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Tme wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:28 pm
Hello again

I was wondering about something else and hope that somebody can help me. I work with the NHS and my HR refused to include tgat my payslips are genuin saying that it should be enough that it is printed with the hospital logo on top.
In the employment letter listed on the application documents list it doesn't ask for the employer to include a confirmation about the authenticity of payslips, however I have seen people on the forum including it with their documents. Is this still a requirement? Or would payslips with hospital logo be enough?

Many thanks
If these aren't marked pacifically as "online copy" and are carrying the official logo then won't require any letter of authenticity. Simply upload these without printing by decrypting any security feature (password).

Tme
Newly Registered

Post by Tme » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:14 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:34 pm
Tme wrote:
Hello again

Many thanks
If these aren't marked pacifically as "online copy" and are carrying the official logo then won't require any letter of authenticity. Simply upload these without printing by decrypting any security feature (password).

Hi, thank you for your answer. My payslips are paper copies I will just scan them into PDF.
However, my husband's payslips are usually sent to his email (but doesn't say online copy), they do not have company logo only company name. His employer stated in her letter " I confirm that the payslips he is submitting is genuin" would this be okay? or does she need to give details of the exact payslips?

Thanks again

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:12 am

Tme wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:14 pm
seagul wrote:
Tme wrote:
Hello again

Many thanks

Hi, thank you for your answer. My payslips are paper copies I will just scan them into PDF.
However, my husband's payslips are usually sent to his email (but doesn't say online copy), they do not have company logo only company name. His employer stated in her letter " I confirm that the payslips he is submitting is genuin" would this be okay? or does she need to give details of the exact payslips? This should be ok and with the letter if there is any concern HO can reach employer to clarify.

Thanks again

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:25 am

Tme wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:14 pm
seagul wrote:
Tme wrote:
Hello again

Many thanks

However, my husband's payslips are usually sent to his email (but doesn't say online copy), they do not have company logo only company name. His employer stated in her letter " I confirm that the payslips he is submitting is genuin" would this be okay? or does she need to give details of the exact payslips?

Thanks again
Should be fine. Simply one sentence can confirm the authenticity of all payslips at once.

Tme
Newly Registered

Post by Tme » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:18 am

Thank you all. We have submitted the application last night and now for uploading the documents and booking the appointment.

Our payslips and bank statments for September are not out yet. I should get them in a few days and my husband on the 5th. Can I double check that the dates of the latest payslips and bank statements can be dated after the application date?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:22 am

They need to be dated on or before the date of application, which is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tme
Newly Registered

Post by Tme » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:39 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:22 am
They need to be dated on or before the date of application, which is the date you submit and pay online.
Okay I have a mini-heart attack now! we haven't printed out the statements yet... I submitted last night and they want 12 months bank statement. We were going to print them at the bank after pay day. If I print them today it will not include September pay and the statements will be dated today 29th not 28th!!!

Tme
Newly Registered

Post by Tme » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:54 am

Tme wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:39 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:22 am
Okay I have a mini-heart attack now! we haven't printed out the statements yet... I submitted last night and they want 12 months bank statement. We were going to print them at the bank after pay day. If I print them today it will not include September pay and the statements will be dated today 29th not 28th!!!
Okay disregard my last post. I checked the application form and it is timed after midnight. SO I can just print the bank statements today and they will be good. I will have to not include payslips for this September and include payslips of last September (2019) instead to cover the 12 months they want. However, last September my husband had an additional job and we did not mention it in the application because we didn't think we will need to include September 2019. He doesn't have a payslip for this second job, and it's wage was transferred on a different bank account. September 2019 was the last months he worked for them. Do we need to include documents about it ?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:24 pm

Have you or your husband received any pay in Sept. 2020. If so, on what date?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:34 pm

Tme wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:54 am

Okay disregard my last post. I checked the application form and it is timed after midnight. SO I can just print the bank statements today and they will be good. I will have to not include payslips for this September and include payslips of last September (2019) instead to cover the 12 months they want.
Good idea provided the date of your latest payslip isn't older than 28 days from the date of application. In that case simply supply your payslips covering the period from September 2019 - August 2020 (most probably the August pay be paid in September 2020). or use your partner's September payslip (if was dated before the date of application)
Tme wrote:
However, last September my husband had an additional job and we did not mention it in the application because we didn't think we will need to include September 2019. He doesn't have a payslip for this second job, and it's wage was transferred on a different bank account. September 2019 was the last months he worked for them. Do we need to include documents about it ?
If by putting aside the income from this additional job meets the requirement then better to keep it ignored.

Tme
Newly Registered

Post by Tme » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:07 pm

Korekt wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:24 pm
Have you or your husband received any pay in Sept. 2020. If so, on what date?
Yes he did get paid for August less than 28 days ago so his should be fine.

Tme
Newly Registered

Post by Tme » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:12 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:34 pm
Tme wrote:

Okay disregard my last post. I checked the application form and it is timed after midnight. SO I can just print the bank statements today and they will be good. I will have to not include payslips for this September and include payslips of last September (2019) instead to cover the 12 months they want.
Good idea provided the date of your latest payslip isn't older than 28 days from the date of application. In that case simply supply your payslips covering the period from September 2019 - August 2020 (most probably the August pay be paid in September 2020). or use your partner's September payslip (if was dated before the date of application)
Tme wrote:

My husband got paid for August in September so his latest payslip is within 28 days. However my last payslip and payment was in August (so the payslip will be more than 28 days old) but there isn't much I can really do . I will get paid tomorrow and was thinking to supply the September payslip and bank statement as extra documents if they want to have a look at it. So they will have August paylips and September but it will be dated after the application date !

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:35 pm

Tme wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:12 pm

My husband got paid for August in September so his latest payslip is within 28 days. However my last payslip and payment was in August (so the payslip will be more than 28 days old) but there isn't much I can really do . I will get paid tomorrow and was thinking to supply the September payslip and bank statement as extra documents if they want to have a look at it. So they will have August paylips and September but it will be dated after the application date !
In that case, I will still attach my latest payslip & bank statement even dated after the date of application which despite will most likely be disregarded (may be it gets considered) but certainly be complemented with other partner's payslip within 28 days.

Tme
Newly Registered

Meeting financial requirements for FLR (M)

Post by Tme » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 pm

Hello

I was wondering if someone can help me with understanding the different categories for financial requirements.

I work different shift patterns with different hourly rate at my job which I have been employed at for over a year. My employer has stated in their letter that my annual salary is about £200 below the requirement. However, due to the different shift patterns for the past 6 months I have been earning more. I have selected the option "not earning the same amount continuously, under the minimum financial requirement" according to the amount calculated by my employer.

My question is will I be considered under category A or B? I have been asked to supply payslips for the past 12 months, that's why I am confused. If I am considered under category A I will be able to prove that I earn more than £18,600 using the caculation "(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6-month period, dividedby 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted
towards the financial requirement."

Please help!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Meeting financial requirements for FLR (M)

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:56 pm

Tme wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 pm
My employer has stated in their letter that my annual salary is about £200 below the requirement.
That is bit weird to hear unless you are indirectly meant that they have mentioned £18400 in the employer letter.
Tme wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 pm
However, due to the different shift patterns for the past 6 months I have been earning more. I have selected the option "not earning the same amount continuously, under the minimum financial requirement" according to the amount calculated by my employer.

My question is will I be considered under category A or B? I have been asked to supply payslips for the past 12 months, that's why I am confused. If I am considered under category A I will be able to prove that I earn more than £18,600 using the caculation "(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6-month period, dividedby 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted
towards the financial requirement."

Please help!
Maybe the same issue has resurrected again where on choosing the options other than the first one, compel you to supply 12 months of payslips.