ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Financial Requirement

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:15 am

claraluh wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:36 pm
Should I send only my financial paperwork then? It will be pretty much the same paper work I’ve sent since the first application, as it’s still same employer, income etc.
Yes as all financial requirements and its corresponding documents remain identical on each time.
claraluh wrote:
Should the employer mention in the company letter that I have been on Furlough even though it’s mentioned in my payslips?
Yes since it is a key information
claraluh wrote:
And as I have been on furlough since March, should I sent the 6 months playslips prior to March or the P60 would suffice? Or maybe I can send both payslips + P60 for 2019/2020?

Thanks again!!
Ideally covering the recent 6 months from the date of application. P60 is not required which instead can be used as an evidence of cohabitation (if needed).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:51 am

So, we are putting the paperwork together to make an application as soon as possible. About the payslips, I read somewhere that if your income has been affected by the covid-19 situation you should send the 6 payslips prior to lockdown, so prior to March/April, should I do that? send my payslips from Oct19-Mar20 to show that I was receiving over the threshold???

Second question is about proof of residency, is credit cards statements / bank statements allowed? we are also sending Council Tax (but as I am studying my name is not on the Council tax bill this year and I think last year's as well, only my partners name), Tenancy agreements, P60, P45, Letters from HMRC to my partner for self-employment registration, letters from car insurance company, DVLA etc.

My partner has the LITUK test next week, can we apply before the test and then supply the documents or do they require the results during the application?

Many thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:39 am

claraluh wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:51 am
So, we are putting the paperwork together to make an application as soon as possible. About the payslips, I read somewhere that if your income has been affected by the covid-19 situation you should send the 6 payslips prior to lockdown, so prior to March/April, should I do that? send my payslips from Oct19-Mar20 to show that I was receiving over the threshold???
That temporary concession over loss of income was in place from March - August and there hasn't yet been any practical experience be shared, therefore, nothing can be said for sure unless by trying yourself & see in eleventh hour.
claraluh wrote:
Second question is about proof of residency, is credit cards statements / bank statements allowed? we are also sending Council Tax (but as I am studying my name is not on the Council tax bill this year and I think last year's as well, only my partners name), Tenancy agreements, P60, P45, Letters from HMRC to my partner for self-employment registration, letters from car insurance company, DVLA etc.
Anything bearing the name, address & date either addressed in sole or joint name can be utilized for meeting the cohabitation requirement.
claraluh wrote:
My partner has the LITUK test next week, can we apply before the test and then supply the documents or do they require the results during the application?
Yes you can apply without it and supply it later, but if the visa isn't going to expire till next week then better to wait until getting the result.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:51 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:39 am
That temporary concession over loss of income was in place from March - August and there hasn't yet been any practical experience be shared, therefore, nothing can be said for sure unless by trying yourself & see in eleventh hour.
I have been on furlough since April, so my income from April to September has dropped, I will send the past 6 payslips + bank statements + letter of employer confirming annual income as per contract and that I have been furloughed since April (April and May payslips says salary, June to September says furlough salary but it's the same amount). So, what I wanted to know is if I have to send as well the past 6 payslips before being placed on the furlough scheme to show that I was earning over the threshold?

I am receiving Adult's dependant grant from Student Finance this year as my partner's income has dropped significantly, could this grant be added as income or should I ignore that?

Or instead, as I mentioned before, my partner is registered as self-employed since 2018, have made the self assessment for 2018-2019/ 2019-2020, have all the invoices and bank statements. Maybe we could add this income as well so they can see that we don't need to rely on government benefits to survive? If we do add this income for partner's, under which category should we do it?

Thanks a million for you patience in this matter, I really appreciate that, you can not imagine how helpful you have been.

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:14 pm

Dear Seagul, I believe you’re tired of me already :? but could you just help me with those above questions pleasee?

I have already complete the whole application online(but not submitted) as I wanted to be aware of the questions asked. Quite simple questions actually, the only thing I noticed is that If I add my partner’s self employment they’ll also ask for a letter from accountant, but we don’t have one as the paperwork is quite straightforward and we can do it ourselves, as we don’t want to spend more money on accountants we will leave that aside and put only my employment (even though I have been on furlough and earning below threshold for a while, hope they’ll take covid situation into consideration).

Another question I found strange was when they ask if you have family and friends in another country and ask for name of the persons.( My partner has Mom and sisters, father is deceased, and to be honest only one friend in our home Country(if we put no friends they ask why, I found it funny)) And if you have cultural ties with other Country ( I put no for this as my partner doesn’t have any cultural ties and we only go there once a year or two to visit my relatives).

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:46 am

claraluh wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:51 pm
So, what I wanted to know is if I have to send as well the past 6 payslips before being placed on the furlough scheme to show that I was earning over the threshold?
I think the payslips from October 2019 - March 2020 may work as per the official link which was again updated on 12Th October.
If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus up to 31 August, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus, provided the requirement was met for at least 6 months up to March 2020.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
claraluh wrote:
I am receiving Adult's dependant grant from Student Finance this year as my partner's income has dropped significantly, could this grant be added as income or should I ignore that?
That will only be acceptable if it isn't a loan same as said previously.
claraluh wrote:
Or instead, as I mentioned before, my partner is registered as self-employed since 2018, have made the self assessment for 2018-2019/ 2019-2020, have all the invoices and bank statements. Maybe we could add this income as well so they can see that we don't need to rely on government benefits to survive? If we do add this income for partner's, under which category should we do it?
Combining self employment with salaried/none-salaried income might make the case more complicated because that income must fall within exactly the same financial year for which the self employment income relate to.
claraluh wrote:
Thanks a million for you patience in this matter, I really appreciate that, you can not imagine how helpful you have been.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:51 am

claraluh wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:14 pm
we will leave that aside and put only my employment (even though I have been on furlough and earning below threshold for a while, hope they’ll take covid situation into consideration).
Yes because furlough income will be considered as 100%
claraluh wrote:
Another question I found strange was when they ask if you have family and friends in another country and ask for name of the persons.( My partner has Mom and sisters, father is deceased, and to be honest only one friend in our home Country(if we put no friends they ask why, I found it funny)) And if you have cultural ties with other Country ( I put no for this as my partner doesn’t have any cultural ties and we only go there once a year or two to visit my relatives).
Simply reply it truthfully based on your circumstances and the same wont be impactful over the outcome.

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:25 am

Thank you Seagul for the replies!!

I was reading through the guidelines again and as it mentions

“If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.”

I will then leave aside the other payslips prior to March, but I am sending P60 issued in April this year so they will see my annual income for last year up to April this year. I truly believe this will suffice.

Only waiting for my partner to pass the LITUK test now and all ready to be submitted.

I will keep this post updated about the outcome, as there are no real experiences posted about this reduce in income during the covid period.

All the best x

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:32 pm

Thought I should update this post as new updates came out on the Covid-19 income concession:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

“ Coronavirus (COVID-19) concession
Instruction for handling cases which raise the impact of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic as grounds for not meeting the minimum income requirement in an entry clearance, leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain applications under the family Immigration Rules.
This guidance sets out the approach you must take over defined periods, when deciding a case, to ensure applicants are not disadvantaged as a result of circumstances beyond their control because of COVID-19.
Income received via the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme or the Coronavirus Self- Employment Income Support Scheme can count as employment or self-employment income. Where there is evidence of a temporary loss of income due to COVID-19 during the period 1 March 2020 and 1 January 2021 you will apply the following concessions:
• a temporary loss of employment income between 1 March and 1 January 2021 due to COVID-19, will be disregarded provided the minimum income requirement was met for at least 6 months immediately prior to the date the income was lost - this is for a loss of employment income between 1 March 2020 to 1 January 2021 due to COVID-19an applicant or sponsor furloughed under the Government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme will be deemed as earning 100% of their salary
• a temporary loss of annual income due to COVID-19 between 1 March 2020 and 1 January 2021 will generally be disregarded for self-employment income, along with the impact on employment income from the same period for future applications.
• evidential flexibility may be applied where an applicant or sponsor experiences difficulty accessing specified evidence due to COVID-19 restrictions”

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:26 am

My partner has passed the LITUK test and we are submitting the application now. If we are to write a cover letter, do we attach it to the main application or do I submit it later with the other documents?

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 am

I have also just realised that the annual income on the employers letter and my actual annual income submitted in the application do not match. The difference is not much about 500 pounds, I think it might be due to annual increases due in April, but I’m still earning the 80% furlough amount based on my annual income prior to April, so In the application I put the previous which matches my P60 and payslips, in the letter he put the new amount. Will that be an issue? I don’t want to ask my employer for another letter because he might say no, as I’m actually on notice now.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:20 pm

claraluh wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 am
I have also just realised that the annual income on the employers letter and my actual annual income submitted in the application do not match. The difference is not much about 500 pounds, I think it might be due to annual increases due in April, but I’m still earning the 80% furlough amount based on my annual income prior to April, so In the application I put the previous which matches my P60 and payslips, in the letter he put the new amount. Will that be an issue? I don’t want to ask my employer for another letter because he might say no, as I’m actually on notice now.
It should not be an issue. This could be a point to clarify in your cover letter and definitely being more and backed by documents should do no harm.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:37 pm

claraluh wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 am
I have also just realised that the annual income on the employers letter and my actual annual income submitted in the application do not match. The difference is not much about 500 pounds,
The income provided on the application must match with the employer letter where you are working on a base salary (salaried person) despite the furlough income will be considered 100%. It will now totally depend on the caseworker as how she/she perceive it.

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:57 pm

Thanks God I got the employer to correct the letter and send me a new one by email. This will be alright isn't it?

Now scanning and uploading the documents, I'm aware I have to scan all pages of applicant's passports, do I also have to scan all pages of sponsor's passport?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:13 pm

Thanks God I got the employer to correct the letter and send me a new one by email. This will be alright isn't it?
Yes fine.
Now scanning and uploading the documents, I'm aware I have to scan all pages of applicant's passports, do I also have to scan all pages of sponsor's passport?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:14 pm

claraluh wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:57 pm
Thanks God I got the employer to correct the letter and send me a new one by email. This will be alright isn't it? Yes

Now scanning and uploading the documents, I'm aware I have to scan all pages of applicant's passports, do I also have to scan all pages of sponsor's passport? No, the biodata page of sponsors passport will suffice.

Thanks

claraluh

Documents for IRL

Post by claraluh » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:59 pm

I'm sorry I think I will be forever asking questions :roll:

Checklist asks for "Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live"

So we have all the Council tax bills, I'll be sending for the last 3 years, but the Last two years Council tax bills is only in the name of my partner (the Applicant) as I am a full-time University student and therefore don't have to pay council tax. Do I have to explain that in the cover letter??

"Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live"
I believe the Tenancy Agreement will cover this.

"6 letters and/or other documents addresses to you and your partner at the same address for the past 2.5 years"
Do we have to send 6 letters each making a total of 12 letters? The only joint letter we had was the council tax bill for 2018-2019 the rest are all apart, but same address.

"A P60 for the relevant period(s) of employment relied upon"
I think this will be P60 for April 2020, right?

"A signed contract of employment ..."
I've been there for quite a while, so I will be sending the last job review signed in 2017 when I was promoted to Senior staff, it's not really a contract thought.

Thanks

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:04 pm

So I am about to finish the cover letter, would it be important to add that the past two years Council Tax bills have been issued only in the name of my partner as I am a full time student?

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:38 pm

claraluh wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:04 pm
So I am about to finish the cover letter, would it be important to add that the past two years Council Tax bills have been issued only in the name of my partner as I am a full time student?

Thanks.
Not necessary if you have supplied other correspondence to shore up evidence of cohabitation.

Please do clarify it as it was specifically asked for.

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:58 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:38 pm
Please do clarify it as it was specifically asked for.
It was among the document list but not under the "Mandatory document" list. I have clarified it on the cover letter anyway as I thought I should.

Thanks for your answer.

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:05 pm

I have everything asked for scanned on the computer and I will upload it this evening after my online class. Should I submit it straight away? We only managed to book a free Biometrics appointment for the 16th November, there was not paid appointments before that date either, so at least we managed to get it for free. Maybe I should submit the documents straight away to speed up things? I haven't added a help/scan service.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:15 pm

claraluh wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:05 pm
I have everything asked for scanned on the computer and I will upload it this evening after my online class. Should I submit it straight away? We only managed to book a free Biometrics appointment for the 16th November, there was not paid appointments before that date either, so at least we managed to get it for free. Maybe I should submit the documents straight away to speed up things? I haven't added a help/scan service.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support/o ... eDocuments

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

claraluh

Post by claraluh » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:30 pm

Thanks once again Seagul.