ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test for spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GMO
Mood:

English test for spouse Visa

Post by GMO » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:59 pm

Hi,

Can expert please let me know; exactly which English exam needs to be taken for spouse visa ?

FYI, The applicant will be from south Asian countries.

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: English test for spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:48 am

GMO wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:59 pm
Hi,

Can expert please let me know; exactly which English exam needs to be taken for spouse visa ?

FYI, The applicant will be from south Asian countries.

Regards
A1 is required for initial phase of spouse visa whereas A2 for extension followed by B1 for settlement. However, nothing stops you in taking the B1 or even higher to it, because of its reusability in future too. Most importantly, while selecting the test & test centre, the following official guidance must strictly be adhered to.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prove-your- ... -test-selt

See also as what does these test actually entail & encompass:

https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ta ... ife-skills
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:49 pm

Thank you for the details . You mean if the person take B1 then use it for initial application , extension and selttlement. It will be valid for five years !!??

Or if they take A2 then use it for initial and extension as well .

Local British council I think would be the good place to undertake the exam .

Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:58 pm

GMO wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:49 pm
Thank you for the details . You mean if the person take B1 then use it for initial application , extension and selttlement. It will be valid for five years !!??

Or if they take A2 then use it for initial and extension as well .

Local British council I think would be the good place to undertake the exam .

Regards
All tests are valid for 2 years but are usable for subsequent applications even after being expired provided were used previously and meets the required level. For instance, a B1 test can be used all the way from initial spouse visa till settlement as the rules standing until today. Usually, A2 isn't available from overseas, and for test centres you have to strictly follow the previously given list.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:10 pm

Thank you.

Is it a new rule imposed that the applicant has to undertake A1, A2 and B1 three tests for the process ?
I thought the person has to sit for exam once when the apply initially !

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:01 pm

GMO wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:10 pm
Thank you.

Is it a new rule imposed that the applicant has to undertake A1, A2 and B1 three tests for the process ?
It is not a new rule. There are different levels or grades accepted for each stage. Imagine someone intending to apply with no background of English language. They have to prepare for the A1 and attain certain level to pass it, then apply for the initial spouse visa and get to UK.
For the next extension and after spending 2.5 years in the UK, it is believed they should have improved hence the need for an Higher level of English language speaking and listening i.e. the A2 exam.
The B1 used for ILR and Citizenship which is after 5yrs minimum be at a level showing integration.
However, if applicant has good knowledge for B1, why spend time and money for A1 and A2? Go for B1 directly and even though expired after 2years it can be reused so far
1) it was used successfully on a previous application
2) when reusing it, the test provider/centre is still on HO approved list.

Hope the above long winding explanation sufficient

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:24 pm

Thanks 👍

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:39 pm

GMO wrote:
Thank you.

If you are really inclined to read about it in full depth then refer to the following official guidance which will explain you its history till to date:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:30 am

Thank you seagul, I have another question please.

If someone apply under adequate maintenance category. Then how many months of bank statement the person have to display. I believe 6/7 months statements is enough to show the finiacial transaction and stability for adequate maintenance.

Please let me know. It would be helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:39 pm
GMO wrote:
Thank you.

If you are really inclined to read about it in full depth then refer to the following official guidance which will explain you its history till to date:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:14 am

GMO wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:30 am
Thank you seagul, I have another question please.

If someone apply under adequate maintenance category. Then how many months of bank statement the person have to display. I believe 6/7 months statements is enough to show the finiacial transaction and stability for adequate maintenance.

Please let me know. It would be helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:39 pm
GMO wrote:
Thank you.

You can find out about at here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... a8VCfDfJBU