ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 And FLR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Morobek
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 And FLR

Post by Morobek » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:57 am

Ok I think I understand, so to clarify I, she didn’t need a NARIC or test when we first applied for tier 2 when entering the country but for lLR specifically she does?

Thanks for the info about cohabitation, she hasn’t been on any of the leases as she doesn’t work! But will need to start putting her name on leases or getting a bank account or something!

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:09 am

she didn’t need a NARIC or test when we first applied for tier 2 when entering the country but for lLR specifically she does?
Correct.

Cohabitation evidence can be any letters, it does not only have to be bank statement or tenancy.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Morobek
South Africa

Post by Morobek » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:17 am

Very useful. Do you by any chance know how long the results are valid for (life in the UK and language tests)? For example if you take the test in Jan and you apply for ILR in September, is it still valid?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:18 am

Life in the UK does not expire.

English B1 test is valid for 2 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Morobek
South Africa

Post by Morobek » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:26 am

Ok so there is no need to take the text for example 2 months before application?

Very useful thanks

Morobek
South Africa

Post by Morobek » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:13 am

Hi all, just curious , as we’re about to apply for ILR, we’re on a skilled worker visa , my son was born in the UK while we were here but we haven’t applied for visa as yet for him. Do I need to apply for a visa for him before we apply for ILR or can we apply for all of us at the same time?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:06 am

Morobek wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:13 am
Hi all, just curious , as we’re about to apply for ILR, we’re on a skilled worker visa , my son was born in the UK while we were here but we haven’t applied for visa as yet for him. Do I need to apply for a visa for him before we apply for ILR or can we apply for all of us at the same time?

Thanks!
If you plan on registering the UK born child as British, the child does NOT need a visa or ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Morobek
South Africa

Post by Morobek » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:10 pm

I’m sorry, not sure I understand. Yes we plan on registering him as British- he has a British birth certificate, but how would we apply for his new passport? Would we apply for our ILR without him and then apply for his citizenship separately afterwards?

Morobek
South Africa

Post by Morobek » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:10 pm

Apologies , both parents would be applying for ILR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:47 pm

Morobek wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:10 pm
I’m sorry, not sure I understand. Yes we plan on registering him as British- he has a British birth certificate, but how would we apply for his new passport? Would we apply for our ILR without him and then apply for his citizenship separately afterwards?
A UK born child is entitled to apply for registeration as a British citizen on form MN1 once either parent has ilr. The child does not need ilr or a foreign passport to do this. Once the child is registered and you have received the certificate of registration as a British citizen, you can apply for a British passport.

You do not have to include him in your ilr application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)