ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent renewals - how much early can one apply

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deepakp7
Newly Registered
India

PBS Dependent Extension - Travel History Question

Post by deepakp7 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:35 pm

Hi,

My wife is applying to extend her PBS (Tier 2) Dependent Visa since she does not satisfy the 5yr residency req. I have received my ILR. She has been staying in the UK for 5y9m.

There is a travel history question that asks: "Have you been to any other countries in the past 10 years?". Her last 10y stay is split as 4y3m (stay in India), followed by 5y9m (stay in UK). There have been some tourism visits during the initial 4y3m stay as well (some of that is to the UK). Let us say the following is the travel history:

Stay in India (Sep 2011 - Dec 2015)
A) Tourism visit to Russia (Mar - April 2013)
B) Tourism visit to UK (Nov - Dec 2013)
C) Tourism visit to Korea (Mar - Apr 2015)
Stay in UK (Dec 2015 - Current)
D) Tourism visit to India (July - Sep 2016)
E) Tourism visit to India (Dec 2017 - Sep 2018)

There is no confusion in that D and E above should be part of 'other country visits'. However, should A and C be treated as other country visits? Or should the entire stay [Sep 2011 - Dec 2015] be treated as other country visit (though it was not strictly a 'visit', since she was staying in India).

Responses would be highly appreciated.

deepakp7
Newly Registered
India

PBS Dependent renewals - how much early can one apply

Post by deepakp7 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:00 am

Hi,

My wife and kids PBS dependent visas are expiring in December 2021. However, since we have some planned travel around December, and since the renewal process takes 2 months apparently, I have been trying to apply it in September. Are there any guidelines on how earlier than expiry one can apply for renewals? I know that one can apply up to 28 days past expiry, but there appears to be no direction on how earlier than expiry. The application system seems to accept an application when I started filling in the details. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
Deepak

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent renewals - how much early can one apply

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:17 am

They can apply at any time. It is a 3 year extension regardless if when they apply.
I know that one can apply up to 28 days past expiry
Not sure what exactly you mean but there is no such concession to apply 28 days AFTER a visa has expired. Any applicant MUST apply BEFORE their visa expires otherwise they become overstayers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

deepakp7
Newly Registered
India

Post by deepakp7 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:20 am

Thanks for the information. On the 28 day grace period, this is one reference to it on the web: third party solicitor weblink removed. Perhaps, that has changed, as you indicate in your response.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:33 am

That’s changed.
Important to apply before expiry of leave!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:23 am

deepakp7 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:20 am
Thanks for the information. On the 28 day grace period, this is one reference to it on the web: third party solicitor weblink removed. Perhaps, that has changed, as you indicate in your response.
Always useful to read the UKVI guidance rather than some random lawyer blog.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.