ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(Tier2 + GTV) to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Berkay

GTV to ILR

Post by Berkay » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:07 am

Hi,

Currently I'm on GTV visa and it's valid until the end of 2025.
I'm now eligible to apply for ILR - but I have a question: if I apply for ILR and it's rejected for any reason, what will happen to my existing GTV - does the rejection affect it?

Thanks,

Berkay

Re: GTV to ILR

Post by Berkay » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:14 am

I would appreciate it if anyone could advise me on this matter - I've not found any answer for my question through other topics.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:28 am

An ILR rejected has no effect on your visa as long as your visa remains valid.

Also note, we are all unpaid volunteers on the forum!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Berkay

Post by Berkay » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:56 am

Hi,

Thank you so much indeed - of course, I know, what you do here is a great job as volunteers.

Berkay

(Tier2 + GTV) to ILR

Post by Berkay » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:13 pm

Hello,

I'm going to apply for the ILR visa scheme. I had been on Tier 2 visa for two years and have been on GTV visa for 2 years as well.

I need to combine the periods that I spent on the both visas (totally 4 years) - so shall I need to provide any document or any explanation about my previous visa (Tier 2) that I'm going to combine it with my current visa?

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:

Re: (Tier2 + GTV) to ILR

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:09 pm

No need. The rules simply allow the time spent under the skilled worker route (formerly Tier 2) to be used as part of the qualifying period for ILR under Global Talent visa route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Berkay

Post by Berkay » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:02 am

Thanks for this. So you mean they would have access to my visa's history through their system and I don't need to provide any copy or information of my previous visa/BRP (Tier 2)?

Sorry if I repeated my question - just it was question for me how home office knows about my previous visa.

With thanks,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:01 am

Berkay wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:02 am
Thanks for this. So you mean they would have access to my visa's history through their system and I don't need to provide any copy or information of my previous visa/BRP (Tier 2)?

Sorry if I repeated my question - just it was question for me how home office knows about my previous visa. Remember they issued the previous visa to you and keep records of it.

With thanks,

Berkay

Post by Berkay » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:27 am

Hi,

Sorry if I ask an off-topic question.
I'm applying for ILR and need to write a postal address. But the point is that I will move from where I'm currently living in next a few weeks and maybe would not be able to receive my BRP card.

I'm wondering if I can write a postal address of a friend or my workplace?

Thank you,

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:06 am

Can you supply the new address once you found accommodation? It should be your residential address.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Berkay

Post by Berkay » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:16 am

I need to complete my ILR application in next few days - and I've no idea of my feature accommodation's address that I would move to after 2 months. (recently I've got a notice from my landlord and must move from my current property)

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:21 am

You can use this form to report a change of circumstances once you have found a new place https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Berkay

Post by Berkay » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:31 pm

Thanks for this.

I have another question about the proof of my earnings under the GTV.

I have been on different jobs in the UK with my GTV - I'm wondering if I need to provide proof of all?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:55 pm

Berkay wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:31 pm
Thanks for this.

I have another question about the proof of my earnings under the GTV.

I have been on different jobs in the UK with my GTV - I'm wondering if I need to provide proof of all?
No. See: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-from-any ... l#p1990369
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Berkay

Post by Berkay » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:22 pm

The police registration has been cancelled (https://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-police) - but I don't know why it's still among the mandatory documents of the ILR application.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:06 am

Berkay wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:22 pm
The police registration has been cancelled (https://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-police) - but I don't know why it's still among the mandatory documents of the ILR application.
The list is generic and may not be up to date :!: Your application will be decided as per rules as they stand

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:51 pm

Berkay wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:22 pm
The police registration has been cancelled (https://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-police) - but I don't know why it's still among the mandatory documents of the ILR application. The wheels of HO doth grind too slowly to keep up with current policy realities even from them.

Berkay

Post by Berkay » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:16 am

For my ILR application,as a proof of English Language I'm going to use my expired IELTS certificate that I previously used for my Tier 2 visa application (3 years ago).
In the online application form in the English Language part there are two options: Reference number and Certificate - I have both but I'm wondering if my reference/UKVI number is still valid and they can track it? or I need to submit my certificate?

With thanks,

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:47 am

Berkay wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:16 am
For my ILR application,as a proof of English Language I'm going to use my expired IELTS certificate that I previously used for my Tier 2 visa application (3 years ago).
In the online application form in the English Language part there are two options: Reference number and Certificate - I have both but I'm wondering if my reference/UKVI number is still valid and they can track it? or I need to submit my certificate?

With thanks,
It does not matter as you already satisfy the requirement based on your previous applications

Berkay

Post by Berkay » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:50 pm

I'm waiting for my ILR BRP card. I'm just wondering if they send any noticing email before dispatching BRP? It seems they need signature for delivering it and I need to be home.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:46 pm

Berkay wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:50 pm
I'm waiting for my ILR BRP card. I'm just wondering if they send any noticing email before dispatching BRP? It seems they need signature for delivering it and I need to be home.
No you do not get a dispatch notice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:18 am

Berkay wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:50 pm
The courier or delivery company may contact you by email to inform you to look out/expect them and you can rearrange this to a suitable time for you.