ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS Family Permit Timeline - Durable Partners

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dexmo

EUSS Family Permit Timeline - Durable Partners

Post by dexmo » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:38 am

Given very few have shared their EUSS Family Permit timeline on here I thought I'd post this as people might find it useful particularly if you're applying for an EUSS Family Permit or waiting to hear back from UKVI.

Application type: EUSS Family Permit - durable partner
Application date: 01.07.2022
Automated UKVI email acknowledgement application received: 01.07.2022
Documents uploaded: 07.07.2022
Biometrics: 09.07.2022
UKVI email application is being processed: 5.10.2022
EUSS Family Permit issued: 31.10.2022
Passport collected: 24.11.2022

Just under 5 months in total from sumbmitting the application to collecting the passport. No email from UKVI to say application has been successful, just a call from the Visa Processing Centre asking my partner to collect her passport.

And, contrary to what many have said on here, I can now say you do not need to show evidence of joint financial responsibility, or the like, with your parner (if you have no children together) to prove the relationship is durable. My partner and I have no children, don't share a bank account, don't share any bills etc. We have been together for 8 years though and have submitted plenty of evidence of co-habitaion/our relationship from various sources, government and non-government, showing the relationship is genuine, durable and subsiting.

Hope this helps.

kamoe

Re: EUSS Family Permit Timeline - Durable Partners

Post by kamoe » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:36 pm

dexmo wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:38 am
And, contrary to what many have said on here, I can now say you do not need to show evidence of joint financial responsibility, or the like, with your parner (if you have no children together) to prove the relationship is durable. My partner and I have no children, don't share a bank account, don't share any bills etc. We have been together for 8 years though and have submitted plenty of evidence of co-habitaion/our relationship from various sources, government and non-government, showing the relationship is genuine, durable and subsiting.
It's very important to clarify that every application is different. Joint financial responsibilities are very, very strong evidence to show, hence highly recommended, but of course, other strong evidence can work as well. Bottom line is to prove that the relationship is already operating as an established marriage with past history, rather than a boyfriend/girlfriend couple with plans for the future (these have other routes).

Congratulations, I'm glad this worked for you, and thanks for sharing timeline.

For the benefit of others, could you share what other evidence you submitted?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Stchl62
Newly Registered

Post by Stchl62 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:37 am

My girlfriend has a pre settle status, what evidence can i submit if you haven't lived together for 2 years. Can i still apply for pre settle status as her durable partner?

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:59 am

Stchl62 wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:37 am
My girlfriend has a pre settle status, what evidence can i submit if you haven't lived together for 2 years. Can i still apply for pre settle status as her durable partner?

Brexit was years ago. My understanding is that you had to meet the defination of "durable partner" before 1 January 2021 (the UK ended the EU transition period at 2300 hours on 31 December 2020).

If you want to use the EU's Free Movement rules, your EU citizen girlfriend will be able to sponsor you to an EEA country that will accept a "durable partner" as a Family Member of an EEA citizen (if you meet the criteria). Or if she will marry you, she can sposnsor you to any EEA country.

Stchl62
Newly Registered

Post by Stchl62 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:36 am

Ah ok, because if you look at the original post. In the timeline they applied in in July 2022. Does it mean that you can still apply for your partner. Do you know any law firm

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:44 am

Stchl62 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:36 am
Ah ok, because if you look at the original post. In the timeline they applied in in July 2022. Does it mean that you can still apply for your partner.
They are trying to prove they met the defination of durable partner, for 8 years.

Can you meet the defination of being a durable partner, before 1 January 2021? According to a previous post, you only arrived in the UK last year.
uk-tier-4-student-visas/administrative- ... l#p2011563

Stchl62 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:36 am
Do you know any law firm
https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Stchl62
Newly Registered

Post by Stchl62 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:31 pm

I been living in the uk from 2014 to 2019 and came back in 2021. We been together for 7 years, Do i meet the requirement as durable partner?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:59 pm

Stchl62 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:31 pm
I been living in the uk from 2014 to 2019 and came back in 2021. We been together for 7 years, Do i meet the requirement as durable partner?
can you please start your topic instead of tagging your questions onto another members thread.

See point 12 in link below for the forum rules.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.