ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional CoS increase or renewal annual CoS allocation?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bamblue
Newly Registered

CoS allocation priority service request unsuccessful

Post by bamblue » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:31 pm

Hi guys

My sponsor currently has no CoS allocation, so to get an allocation asap the HR applied for the priority service. The HR sent the application by email about 30 seconds after 9am and it was still unsuccesful. I heard within the first minute after 9am they received over 200 requests, and they only take the first 60 requests each day.

My HR will keep trying but what should we do if we still cannot get it? Should I ask the HR to send it at 8:59:00? But it says on the home office website that it opens at 9am! :cry:

Any advices are grealty appreciated!

Also when making the additional CoS allocation request on SMS where we need to give reasons, we entered about 50 words including my name, passport number, nationality, job title, job code, shortage occupation. We did not mention salary but did say the job meets the visa requirement. Is this explaination sufficient?

:( :roll:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: CoS allocation priority service request unsuccessful

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:22 am

There is nothing you or the sponsor can do to get into the 60 per day it is pure luck. They cannot submit before 9am as it clearly states

For reason, it asks a reason why they need priority not the applicants details!!

All they can do is try everyday
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bamblue
Newly Registered

Re: CoS allocation priority service request unsuccessful

Post by bamblue » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:05 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:22 am
There is nothing you or the sponsor can do to get into the 60 per day it is pure luck. They cannot submit before 9am as it clearly states

For reason, it asks a reason why they need priority not the applicants details!!

All they can do is try everyday
Thanks CR001. So for the reason, we should have stated that the job starts in April so time is short? I start to worry if the CoS gets rejected even if we make it into 1 of the 60. Should I ask my HR to withdraw the request and do another one?

bamblue
Newly Registered

Additional CoS increase or renewal annual CoS allocation?

Post by bamblue » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:25 pm

Hi experts

My sponsor does not have any current CoS allocation to assign me, so the HR requested an additional CoS on SMS. However it seems that the annual CoS has been set to zero by Home Office, because on the SMS 'request an additional cos' page, there is not a table displaying any CoS; my HR also told me on the 'license summary' page, she cannot see a CoS allocation reset date.

Did my sponsor do the right thing by requesting an additional CoS increase? Or they should have requested a CoS annual renewal first? I am due to start my job with them in April but I am panicking!

Performance
Newly Registered
Japan

Re: Additional CoS increase or renewal annual CoS allocation?

Post by Performance » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:54 pm

bamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:25 pm
Hi experts

My sponsor does not have any current CoS allocation to assign me, so the HR requested an additional CoS on SMS. However it seems that the annual CoS has been set to zero by Home Office, because on the SMS 'request an additional cos' page, there is not a table displaying any CoS; my HR also told me on the 'license summary' page, she cannot see a CoS allocation reset date.

Did my sponsor do the right thing by requesting an additional CoS increase? Or they should have requested a CoS annual renewal first? I am due to start my job with them in April but I am panicking!
Did you manage to get your new undefined CoS? I've also been trying for priority services